As I am cleaning up the remains of this Thomas boiler, I am finding piping stuck through thin shell and what initially appeared to be cold solder joints.
Then I realized it was flaking off.
Powdery silver stuff, I am thinking Alumilite.
Popping it all out for paint, most will stay put when running board assembly is put back.
Did folks use Alumilite or is it something else that color?
Question on old style adhesive/filler
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Question on old style adhesive/filler
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13648
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Question on old style adhesive/filler
Make a new thicker boiler.
I do that with Thomas tank cars - use tubing under the paper-thin wrapper.
I do that with Thomas tank cars - use tubing under the paper-thin wrapper.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 104 guests