Beautiful 3R scale layout video.

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Beautiful 3R scale layout video.

Postby up148 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:28 am

I know it's three rail, but this is one of the most complete and detailed O gauge/scale layouts I've ever seen. It rivals the best of the best in HO that I've seen as well. He has weathered everything and what a difference it makes. I very talented modeler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYPPI-THqw

User avatar
De Bruin
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Beautiful 3R scale layout video.

Postby De Bruin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Beautiful, the period matched consists and detailed building and flora certainly contribute a lot along with the weathering. I imagine the track cost must be huge/expensive, we used Gargraves back in the seventies and it wasn't cheap then either, this appears to be far more sophisticated and detailed looking track than that.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com

sleepmac
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:10 pm

Re: Beautiful 3R scale layout video.

Postby sleepmac » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Beautiful! Of course then following that, I just had to view the flick about the PRR S1.

Dan Weinhold

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Beautiful 3R scale layout video.

Postby rogruth » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:39 pm

Those are PRR T1 locos in the video.
Some years ago when Sarge was editor of OST he ran a feature of Norm C.s layout at that time.
Some of the letters to the editor wereon the verge of hanging Sarge for including a # R layout in OST.
In most photos the third rail was not visible.
Rufus may remember this happening. He was writing for OST at the time.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Beautiful 3R scale layout video.

Postby robert. » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:14 am

Beautiful layout. I saw somewhere that this is . Norms second layout.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests