Fairbanks Morse 2000 HP switcher by Baldwin / Walthers
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13648
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Fairbanks Morse 2000 HP switcher by Baldwin / Walthers
My photos are copyrighted. I do not mind them being repeated if you ask. I think it is not a good idea to repeat them in the same thread, so I reserve the right to refuse in that instance. No, I am not taking any action.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Fairbanks Morse 2000 HP switcher by Baldwin / Walthers
bob turner wrote:My photos are copyrighted.
That's pretty much automatic for everyone. Thing is that once you post them on-line, the lease on them gets very weak. But some folks do actively pursue this infraction as a business and career.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13648
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Fairbanks Morse 2000 HP switcher by Baldwin / Walthers
svhoneybee is an internet seller who has captured some of Henry Pearce's fragments. He is getting excellent prices, but measures wheels over the flange, which is generally no help.
Yes, like Jay, I stocked up a little bit before NWSL sold. Raoul gave me a nice discount. The quality dropped a bit, and the next owner didn't even know my name. Now there is another new owner.
Raoul's gearboxes were quite good. The newer ones have a different plastic case, and need rework to function. I am not in business, so my needs are minimal - I would buy new 40" wheels at NWSL prices if they were available - I should check with CLW.
Current eBay prices are approximately the same as new when last new parts were available - the difference is you won't know what you are getting until the package arrives.
Yes, like Jay, I stocked up a little bit before NWSL sold. Raoul gave me a nice discount. The quality dropped a bit, and the next owner didn't even know my name. Now there is another new owner.
Raoul's gearboxes were quite good. The newer ones have a different plastic case, and need rework to function. I am not in business, so my needs are minimal - I would buy new 40" wheels at NWSL prices if they were available - I should check with CLW.
Current eBay prices are approximately the same as new when last new parts were available - the difference is you won't know what you are getting until the package arrives.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Fairbanks Morse 2000 HP switcher by Baldwin / Walthers
bob turner wrote:svhoneybee is an internet seller who has captured some of Henry Pearce's fragments. He is getting excellent prices, but measures wheels over the flange, which is generally no help.
I'll have to take a look.
Yes, like Jay, I stocked up a little bit before NWSL sold. Raoul gave me a nice discount. The quality dropped a bit, and the next owner didn't even know my name. Now there is another new owner.
Raoul's gearboxes were quite good. The newer ones have a different plastic case, and need rework to function. I am not in business, so my needs are minimal - I would buy new 40" wheels at NWSL prices if they were available - I should check with CLW.
I've got less of a need for wheelsets and more of a future need for gearboxes for in trucks for freight motors and boxcabs.
Current eBay prices are approximately the same as new when last new parts were available - the difference is you won't know what you are getting until the package arrives.
That's always been the truth with any mail order or on-line purchase - you won't know what you are getting until after the package arrives.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Fairbanks Morse 2000 HP switcher by Baldwin / Walthers
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:That's always been the truth with any mail order or on-line purchase - you won't know what you are getting until after the package arrives.
Call it the Forrest Gump effect.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Fairbanks Morse 2000 HP switcher by Baldwin / Walthers
E7 wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:That's always been the truth with any mail order or on-line purchase - you won't know what you are getting until after the package arrives.
Call it the Forrest Gump effect.
That would be true for those that think the movies are reality; probably an older statute applies - caveat emptor.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests