https://www.ebay.com/itm/o-scale-brass- ... 3794064308
2 bids to 21.50 so far. Get in line!
LWS Tank kit
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
LWS Tank kit
Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: LWS Tank kit
Include trucks and couplers..........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: LWS Tank kit
As I type this, the listing has got another day and some hours to go currently at two bids, now at 21 and change.
I'd surprised if it doesn't go for more.
I've been surprised recently to learn as a new seller on Ebay that "virgin" kits often go for as much or more than a moderately decent build of the same model.......and that's a good thing.
Not what I assumed going into it either based on my results from my last sales tables at "meets" "shows" etc.
(you remember those?)
Just saying, given the "prevailing winds" these days, non-intuitive results and yeah throwing in trucks and couplers counts for a lot on your closing price these days too as it should.
I'd surprised if it doesn't go for more.
I've been surprised recently to learn as a new seller on Ebay that "virgin" kits often go for as much or more than a moderately decent build of the same model.......and that's a good thing.
Not what I assumed going into it either based on my results from my last sales tables at "meets" "shows" etc.
(you remember those?)
Just saying, given the "prevailing winds" these days, non-intuitive results and yeah throwing in trucks and couplers counts for a lot on your closing price these days too as it should.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: LWS Tank kit
De Bruin wrote:As I type this, the listing has got another day and some hours to go currently at two bids, now at 21 and change.
I'd surprised if it doesn't go for more.
I expect it to as well.
I've been surprised recently to learn as a new seller on Ebay that "virgin" kits often go for as much or more than a moderately decent build of the same model.......and that's a good thing.
Some of these sell extraordinarily well; the A-N Watermelon car and the Walthers Tool & Water car kits command surprisingly high prices
Not what I assumed going into it either based on my results from my last sales tables at "meets" "shows" etc.
(you remember those?)
Strangely, yes.
Just saying, given the "prevailing winds" these days, non-intuitive results and yeah throwing in trucks and couplers counts for a lot on your closing price these days too as it should.
Have you looked at the price of basic stock Athearn trucks lately?
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13648
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: LWS Tank kit
I bought one of those from Jan in the 1970s. The domes - stamped PSC I think - were usable. Wrapper was .010, suitable for boiler bands. The rest was scrap.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: LWS Tank kit
Dome in the bag is not a 1 piece casting; probably the Lobaugh one that had to be assembled not unlike as the depicted instructions describe.
Last one of these I had was 0.030" brass and plenty heavy.
LWS was "variable" on materials and depending on when produced, dubious on being possible to assemble at all.
Last one of these I had was 0.030" brass and plenty heavy.
LWS was "variable" on materials and depending on when produced, dubious on being possible to assemble at all.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13648
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: LWS Tank kit
.030? Even postwar Lobaugh is not that thick. I will check the prewar. Maybe he sawed a bar rail for some of the kits.
Jan was a friend. His kits did not match his intellect and general friendliness, let alone his knowledge base.
Jan was a friend. His kits did not match his intellect and general friendliness, let alone his knowledge base.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: LWS Tank kit
bob turner wrote:.030? Even postwar Lobaugh is not that thick. I will check the prewar. Maybe he sawed a bar rail for some of the kits.
Jan was a friend. His kits did not match his intellect and general friendliness, let alone his knowledge base.
Probably plumbing leftovers. I have at least one tank car that is 0.060" brass and another of 0.060" copper. They roll down hill really nice,
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42165
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: LWS Tank kit
Sold for $32.79
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 74 guests
