but half 0.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Varney-Vintage ... 4116044694
Struck me as funny. I have a pile of these. A's and B's. This one......he uses "Hobbytown", but it it? Notice the exquisite shots, well defined, lighted and focused of the under side of this. Now, if straight Varney, there were....four options?
8 wheel dummy, 4 wheel powered with spring belt, 4-wheel powered with gear link, or 8 wheel with driveshaft between trucks.
Of course, to attract customers, one needs to have the shell cleaned. Not even sure what that stuff is, but hazmat suit may be required.
I won't tell you want the last 10 or twelve of these cost, as Rufus will have an aneurysm.
Suffice it to say, ignoring shipping costs shown,my total cost was about $60 less than the BIN.
Horns are gone, fixable. Number boards gone....not so fixable. However, before evilbait sellers decided broken Athearn F shells were worth listing, I used to carefully cut, file and fit the number boards out of them to fix missing Varney boards. (That's a joke, Martin)
yeah, 2-rail
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
yeah, 2-rail
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: yeah, 2-rail
I added to his pile. He can tell you what I charged.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: yeah, 2-rail
I did. And again, thanks.
I love those F units. True doorstops!
Most folks seemed to opt for single power trucks in the engine. I have an A-B-A with single power in each unit.
The ones with spring belt and multiple-sheave pulleys are cool.
Freight gearing, passenger gearing, or somewhere in between.
I did notice the front (only) coupler on the units shown was the ubiquitous Mantua, the most widely used until Kadees came along.
I have installed so many of those here....put together a string of cars, lift it up by one en, and you have five feet of vertical train!
I love those F units. True doorstops!
Most folks seemed to opt for single power trucks in the engine. I have an A-B-A with single power in each unit.
The ones with spring belt and multiple-sheave pulleys are cool.
Freight gearing, passenger gearing, or somewhere in between.
I did notice the front (only) coupler on the units shown was the ubiquitous Mantua, the most widely used until Kadees came along.
I have installed so many of those here....put together a string of cars, lift it up by one en, and you have five feet of vertical train!
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: yeah, 2-rail
Back in the day, these and the E7's were "state of the art" in terms of rugged, reliable and decent looking.
I like them a lot.
I like them a lot.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 75 guests
