if 2 or 3 rail.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATLAS-1475A-UN ... 3668463398
ATLAS 1475A UNION PACIFIC ALCO LOCOMOTIVE O GAUGE in BOX
Near Perfect Shell- Unit Not Working
Not working? Surprised?
But it is certainly rare. Not often you see an ALCO F-9A unit.
Interesting to have a photo of the bottom of the box with the adhesive where the price tag used to be.
BIN with shipping, $65....not worth the cost of shipping alone...OPINION
not sure
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42162
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: not sure
2 rail Austrian Atlas........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: not sure
What are the couplers on this loco?
Look like something used on a different scale. ???
Look like something used on a different scale. ???
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: not sure
Early Atlas 0 claw-hook couplers. I had a box of over 30 of those freight car trucks with those couplers somebody needed, and got.
I know the freight cars could be had in 3 rail flanges or two. Plastic wheels didn't care. I thought the engines could, too.
Horrible things. Take 8, get two running, spend the next six months pulling parts and swapping around until they're all dead, then pitch them.
But, I still like the ALCO F-9.
I know the freight cars could be had in 3 rail flanges or two. Plastic wheels didn't care. I thought the engines could, too.
Horrible things. Take 8, get two running, spend the next six months pulling parts and swapping around until they're all dead, then pitch them.
But, I still like the ALCO F-9.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: not sure
The body and truck castings were quite good for $7.50 in 1975. Mechanisms were not designed to haul much or go very far. What could you have wanted for the price?
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: not sure
$7.50 in 1975 dollars usually means more dollars today. Except when it doesn't. 70's Atlas 0 doesn't.
Had a bunch, all free, gave them all away, free.
Like I have said before, shipping costs far exceed any value.
Had a bunch, all free, gave them all away, free.
Like I have said before, shipping costs far exceed any value.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: not sure
I agree - shipping costs make almost all inexpensive train items too expensive.
But 7.50 in 1975 is only $37.11 today, and a brand new Atlas F9 would probably sell ok at that price. I don't want one - my hobby is not plastic - but it would sell. A used one for fifty bucks and $20 shipping - not so much.
Opinion
But 7.50 in 1975 is only $37.11 today, and a brand new Atlas F9 would probably sell ok at that price. I don't want one - my hobby is not plastic - but it would sell. A used one for fifty bucks and $20 shipping - not so much.
Opinion
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: not sure
And junk Roco drives? And he tells us "not working"? He'd have to PAY somebody to take it off his hands.
Opinion.
Opinion.
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: not sure
They are an abomination. The problem with stuff like this is CHEAP wins out over CORRECT, and there hasn't been a plastic one to date that is totally correct. We can possibly put some of the blame for that on Lyinel. 
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests