Blast From The Not To Distant Past

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Blast From The Not To Distant Past

Postby 2railjon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:19 pm

I came across this Weaver brass Little Joe with an odd twist. It’s 2 Rail scale but with factory RailSounds which required AC voltage to operate. In the video I explain:
https://youtu.be/GxWgMT32sNw

Image

Image

Image
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
De Bruin
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Blast From The Not To Distant Past

Postby De Bruin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:23 am

Interesting video and very nice factory model paint job on this one Jon
(opinion) they were a really a bargain when introduced (if you made the initial reservation)
sturdy and run-able out of the box and looked great!
They still get a lot of love on E Bay too, though I prefer the CSS&SB 800 version as it outlasted the Milw's by 8 plus years.
:mrgreen:

As an aside I landed a factory Weaver RS11 with that Lionel control system, wanting to have at least one
control/sound equipped unit to run my auto parts train with on the modular club's pike where DCC in all "flavors" is more or less the practical standard anymore as opposed to analog. But I could not get around that EMD 567 sound subbing for the nominal 12 cyl 251 on units, and (the real killer) the factory TMC was more than a tad cranky, aka resetting on switches other engines had no issue with. 8^(
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Blast From The Not To Distant Past

Postby 2railjon » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:12 am

Pete,
When Lionel licensed it’s TMCC to other manufacturers they were given only the generic railsounds. As is the case with my Little Joe I can’t tell if the sounds are that of a diesel or a heavy electric! :lol: In any case I’m just thrilled to scratch this engine off my bucket list. The DCS to TMCC tether arrived yesterday and I’m looking forward to installing it on the layout and getting the Joe on the engine roster!
For anyone interested here’s a video on how to integrate TMCC with DCS:
https://youtu.be/lwglG5bwtYY
Running that red block Charlie.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests