Table lamps

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
rex desilets
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Table lamps

Postby rex desilets » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:14 pm

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Table lamps

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Walthers....then Keil-line.....now Scale City Designs
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rex desilets
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Re: Table lamps

Postby rex desilets » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks! Never thought to look there.
If one were to recast these in a clear plastic so as to light them, what would your recommendation for a resin be?
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Table lamps

Postby E7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Walthers....then Keil-line.....now Scale City Designs


Keil LIne is now owned by Scale City.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Table lamps

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:47 pm

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Walthers....then Keil-line.....now Scale City Designs


Keil LIne is now owned by Scale City.


That's why I wrote now Scale City Designs, :wink:

If one were to recast these in a clear plastic so as to light them, what would your recommendation for a resin be?


Miapoxy(Freemans) makes a clear resin that I've never had a good excuse to test. Recasting for your personal use is generally considered acceptable albeit technically not.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Table lamps

Postby E7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:That's why I wrote now Scale City Designs, :wink:


I was bedazzled by that beauty??? in you avatar and did not see the "now"! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Table lamps

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:15 pm

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:That's why I wrote now Scale City Designs, :wink:


I was bedazzled by that beauty??? in you avatar and did not see the "now"! :mrgreen:


Happy Easter!
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rex desilets
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Re: Table lamps

Postby rex desilets » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:<snip>

If one were to recast these in a clear plastic so as to light them, what would your recommendation for a resin be?


Miapoxy(Freemans) makes a clear resin that I've never had a good excuse to test. Recasting for your personal use is generally considered acceptable albeit technically not.
Aware of that. If the miniature lamps were available in a clear plastic, I'd order them..
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Table lamps

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 am

rex desilets wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:<snip>

If one were to recast these in a clear plastic so as to light them, what would your recommendation for a resin be?


Miapoxy(Freemans) makes a clear resin that I've never had a good excuse to test. Recasting for your personal use is generally considered acceptable albeit technically not.
Aware of that. If the miniature lamps were available in a clear plastic, I'd order them..


Call Scale City and ask them to cast them in clear resin? Berkshire Valley also had some lamps, but last I looked still solid castings, but I think available pre-painted.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
rex desilets
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Re: Table lamps

Postby rex desilets » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:20 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:<snip>

Call Scale City and ask them to cast them in clear resin? <snip>
I'll contact Scale City. I doubt, however, that,as I suspect, their metal casting process would be compatible with resin casting. Still, interesting idea.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42165
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Table lamps

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:58 am

rex desilets wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:<snip>

Call Scale City and ask them to cast them in clear resin? <snip>
I'll contact Scale City. I doubt, however, that,as I suspect, their metal casting process would be compatible with resin casting. Still, interesting idea.


Pretty sure that they do some resin casting work; spin cast molds will work with resin, but whether they will or not do it is something else entirely.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests