Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun...
Tramp

Re: Hobo Jungle

Postby Tramp » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:29 pm

My Mitch was his own miracle. My best friend. Sorry for the confusion.
That a life will be spent gaining inches,
When this distance is read in miles.

MartyE

Postby MartyE » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:45 pm

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
MartyE.com and KodiakJunction.com Home to Kodiak Junction U.S.A.

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:34 am

Mitch wrote:Don't wanna rain on you guys' parade, but rumors of my death may have been greatly exaggerated. At least I think so. Just checkin' in to see the Christmas stuff. Retired from ChryslerJeepDodge&Ram dealership in early September. I'm 71 and waitin' 'til after the first of the year to go job huntin'. :wink:

Mitch, Happy to hear you are still amongst us! With a little bit of luck, collecting Social Security will be your next "job". Hope there are NO more of those BIG truck tires in your future!

Rich

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:41 am

webenda wrote:I don't know what happened to Pete. He just disappeared after Hev died.

Pete usually puts up a post on the anniversary of Hev's passing.

Pete, I hope you and yours are doing well.

Rich

Tramp

Postby Tramp » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:21 am

Did he this year? Where does he post it?
That a life will be spent gaining inches,
When this distance is read in miles.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Tramp, I did a search or two, and came up with the post below. Note that it is dated July 29th which is the date Hev passed. As you can see, the date was 2018 and the post was in the "Tractor Thread". I think the original "Tractor" thread got eliminated in one of the Board "purges", and Pete started making his posts in this new version. Your best bet might be to find one of his old posts and PM him shortly before July 29th, 2022 and see if he responds.

Good Luck and Happy New Year,
Rich

by The Dirt
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:34 pm
Forum: The Club Car Lounge
Topic: Tractor Thread
Replies: 726
Views: 131206

Re: Tractor Thread
... to the other world again and again for a thing once set in motion has no ending in this world until the last witness has passed." James "Hev" Burkholder June 3, 1952 - July 29, 2013 (Cormac McCarthy Cities of the Plain )

Steelers2056

Postby Steelers2056 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:02 am

Hey everyone, I didn't realize this site was still here, and that my account still actually works. I used to be active on here like 10 years ago, but wandered away from train forums. I've actually been running trains the whole time, even got a new layout since those days, just never went on forums.

Also since I'm not on forums much anymore I'm not entirely up to date on what's been going on in the train world, I haven't bough a new locomotive in years (As in recently made, I did get some older NOS stuff though). I do know that MTH was closing though.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:17 am

Steelers2056 wrote:Hey everyone, I didn't realize this site was still here, and that my account still actually works.

Not all that long ago it was on the verge of not being anywhere, but it was 95% salvaged and recovered.

Also since I'm not on forums much anymore I'm not entirely up to date on what's been going on in the train world

Probably a blessing, :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:36 pm

Steelers2056 wrote:I used to be active on here like 10 years ago, but wandered away from train forums.

Approximately 8 years, 6 months, 11 days ago Dan Dawdy announced on this forum the first issue of O Scale Resources magazine.
https://oscaleresource.com/WP/
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Steelers2056

Postby Steelers2056 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:37 am

From an OGR thread someone linked about atlas's DCS tiu thing, it seems command control has somehow gotten even more confusing than when I last paid attention to that stuff, wow. And the trend of a phone app? I can't think of anything I'd want to use less than a phone for train control, I have a hard enough time doing basic things on a phone without it opening crap at random or doing something I didn't want, I don't need to have a massive pileup because I tried to stop a train with an app and it decided to go to full power instead.

webenda

Postby webenda » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:20 pm

I danced with another woman tonight

My wife didn’t seem to mind.

We took to the floor like a pair of swans

That fate forever entwined.

Leaving our wake through the dancers who flowed

Like notes in search of a song

We tested our two step, tried out a waltz

and laughed when something went wrong!

I led and she followed, trusting each step,

Spurred by the beat of the band

Like birds taking wing the very first time,

It helps…to hold someone’s hand.

Although I had known this woman before

I’d thought of her as a child

But there on the dance floor, arm ‘round her waist,

I found my heart was beguiled.

For her a window had opened. I was there,

I’m eternally glad.

The rest of my life I’ll remember

The first night she danced with her dad. ❖

Baxter Black (January 10, 1945 – June 10, 2022) A dad always remembers dancing with his daughter.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:54 pm

I recall hearing Baxter Black on NPR's All Things Considered years ago. He referred to himself, amongst many things, as a onetime "large animal veterinarian". Like most veterinarians I've known, he seemed a gentle soul. Hadn't heard about his passing, so thanks for that.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:23 pm

Baxter had quite the way with words.

webenda

Postby webenda » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:02 pm

Does Lionel, LLC think that a Locomotive is a Train?

----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

webenda

Postby webenda » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:15 pm

"English is a Living Language"

Meaning English does not transmit itself from the past without change. English is a vital spirit that evolves with those who speak it. If enough English-speaking people think a locomotive is a train, then a locomotive is a train.

----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”