who peed in Martin's Cheerios?

Play nice and have fun...
ScaleCraft

who peed in Martin's Cheerios?

Postby ScaleCraft » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:14 pm

I realized I was no longer opening a forum page and seeing 60% of all thread's last posters being Rufus.

May 8-10-ish last. I THINK he might again have started deleting, since member profile for him shows last activity or 04JUN or 05JUN.

So which one of ya did it?
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

E7

Re: who peed in Martin's Cheerios?

Postby E7 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:21 pm

Well look who has become a regular visitor to the DREADED CLUB CAR! Can you spell HYPOCRITE? Shame shame! Could it be out old Pal Scale Crap? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:26 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:I realized I was no longer opening a forum page and seeing 60% of all thread's last posters being Rufus.

May 8-10-ish last. I THINK he might again have started deleting, since member profile for him shows last activity or 04JUN or 05JUN.

So which one of ya did it?

I don't know about this time but the last time it happened over in the 2 rail side.....

I do miss seeing the old postcard pictures that he was posting every day

Okay I just notices all the pictures are gone in the postcard thread. He was using a photo program called smugmug.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:15 pm

E7 wrote:Well look who has become a regular visitor to the DREADED CLUB CAR! Can you spell HYPOCRITE? Shame shame! Could it be out old Pal Scale Crap? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

The ONLY reason I got my feet dirty and posted here was because of the whinging and crying by some EMD passenger diesel.
If you want rumour and innuendo, this is the forum for it!
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:09 pm

All the pictures that he posted in this thread are gone it just shows image NOT DELETED
https://www.modeltrainjournal.com/phpBB ... start=4530

Maybe he no longer has the picture hosting site ?

I do hope that nothing has happened to him. I do enjoy what he has posted and communicating with him on the forum.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:08 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:
E7 wrote:Well look who has become a regular visitor to the DREADED CLUB CAR! Can you spell HYPOCRITE? Shame shame! Could it be out old Pal Scale Crap? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

The ONLY reason I got my feet dirty and posted here was because of the whinging and crying by some EMD passenger diesel.

Whatever. I find it interesting that some are allegedly above what happens here at the lounge. However at any given time there are 3x’s as many guests here as the 2 rail or 3 rail forum. So they may not like what gets said in the lounge but they can’t resist reading it. :lol:

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:22 pm

gregj410 wrote:
ScaleCraft wrote:

Whatever. I find it interesting that some are allegedly above what happens here at the lounge. However at any given time there are 3x’s as many guests here as the 2 rail or 3 rail forum. So they may not like what gets said in the lounge but they can’t resist reading it. :lol:

At the ripe young age of 75, I've pretty much seen and heard them all, and appreciate a really good zinger, and have worked with some real pros through the years.

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:32 am

We can wish him well. None of us are angels for sure and disagreeing seems to come much easier the older we get, so all we can do is laugh :lol: .

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:52 am

It appears that this is when it might have happened ?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14927&start=15855

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:52 pm

So it was Rich’s fault :lol: . Looks like he may have chased Robert off too. Way to go Rich :lol:

When I was growing up, there was a saying that went ‘you can dish it out, but you can’t take it’

Did he really go through and edit his posts and remove the pictures? This is like 5th grade shit here! Whatever, if that’s all it takes….good riddance.

webenda

Postby webenda » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:37 pm

Last edited by webenda on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:48 pm

gregj410 wrote:Did he really go through and edit his posts and remove the pictures? This is like 5th grade shit here!

NO, I can't see that he deleted any picture in any of the threads . It looks like he deleted pictures in his file system in SMUGMUG his photo hosting program. The Pictures no longer show up just the word (image)

All the pictures are missing from this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18088

The pictures in the modelers thread are still there.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18960

The possibility that he has posted some of these pictures somewhere else so he did not delete the file on them ??

Something else to think about all the picture in (A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2) were scanned from postcards. Maybe a problem with copyright with Smugmug ??

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:14 pm

We can ill afford to lose any members on this forum and especially someone like Martin who posts so profusely, but, us old guys just get cantankerous from time to time.....and we get more emotional too. Rich is a good friend and I don't see where his post should have caused anymore ill feelings between he and Rufus than at any time in the past.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:03 pm

up148 wrote:We can ill afford to lose any members on this forum and especially someone like Martin who posts so profusely, but, us old guys just get cantankerous from time to time.....and we get more emotional too. Rich is a good friend and I don't see where his post should have caused anymore ill feelings between he and Rufus than at any time in the past.

That ship has sailed. MTJ has largely been dead for years. When’s the last time there was a new member that has consistently brought something train related to the table?

I’ve never agreed with the heavy handed moderators in NK but this lounge has done more harm than good to this forum. Combined with the fact that there literally are no moderators on this forum from what I can tell, well accept for the one that just left :wink:

The age and lack of content will be the demise of this place. Hell I’d venture to say you could pronounce it dead within a week if the lounge wasn’t here.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:10 pm

up148 wrote:We can ill afford to lose any members on this forum and especially someone like Martin who posts so profusely, but, us old guys just get cantankerous from time to time.....and we get more emotional too. Rich is a good friend and I don't see where his post should have caused anymore ill feelings between he and Rufus than at any time in the past.

I think a lot has to do with not being able to upload pictures to the forum. You have to have a photo hosting service.

I used to post a lot of photo's and I did at times use Photobucket. You can upload pictures to OGRR. MTF and the O gauge forum. Murph used to post a lot of pictures from his layout. When was the last time he posted any pictures ?

Christopher used to start the weekend photo's But hardly anyone was contributing so he left. Healey has been doing a good job but not many helping out with it.

Greg started the modelers thread but mainly he and Rufus were posting anything there. How many that are here do modeling.

The boys on the 2 rail side are mainly chasing ebay items and their doorstops.

Greg is right. Bills relatives could save some money and drop this forum. No one is going to miss it except for maybe Bob Turner. :wink:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”