who peed in Martin's Cheerios?

Play nice and have fun...
gregj410

Re: who peed in Martin's Cheerios?

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:25 pm

The word must be traveling that there’s drama on MTJ and now OGR is a caught up in the drive by :lol:

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:43 am

Really Guys, I don't agree with you on this and I enjoy what little content we have here immensely. Unlike MTJ and my corvette forum, which I go to daily, I only frequent OGR every few week at best. Although posts/content is limited here, there are still some good threads I learn from.

I do agree with you Hondo, having to host photos off forum is a real pita. It can be done fairly easily, but much more time consuming than just uploading from your computer. I went to Shutterfly, but I haven't uploaded any new photos there for over a year, so that says how I feel about it.

For one, I'm very happy Bills son-in-law has kept the forum open he did and update about a year ago that keeps it from shutting down. It's only a labor of love for Bill that keeps it open, but photo hosting onsite isn't going to happen from what he relayed to me in an email.

I think it's sorta like getting old, you don't like it, but it sure beats the alternative.......so you accept what it is and enjoy what you have. :D

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:28 am

As much as Firefly posted here he obviously enjoyed it. We at least me tend to start to think we know people based on what they type.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:14 pm

It’s summer. Typing can wait for coolet weather.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:24 pm

robert. wrote:It’s summer. Typing can wait for coolet weather.

I think there was more to it than that :lol:

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:56 pm

Oh well. Guess his skin got to thin.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:18 pm

SEVERAL years back, Mr Firefly started a small war of words with me here on MTJ. Me, not being one to kowtow to his BS, I gave him back in kind. Over the years we have verbally sparred back and forth many times. I seriously doubt that anything I posted recently would have sent him packing, as it was just MORE of a continuing story.

That said, I did read, per a post in the 2R forum, that White River Publications has decided to end monthly publication of 'O Scale Trains' (of which he is the editor), and move it to an annual format. I wouldn't begin to speculate on why he departed from here, but I seriously doubt I can take credit/blame.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:23 pm

I should clarify that I don’t think it was any one person or anyone thing that caused him to leave if he did indeed leave for good. V8vega never posted a thing anywhere without Marty blasting him. I don’t know what that’s about but for crying out loud, cut the guy a break once in a while.

I’d even take my boot off of Dr Ahems neck once in a while :lol: so he could come up for air. Unlike Dumberg at least Marty brought some train content to the forum.

Whatever, personalities collide from time to time. I don’t miss his constant thread bumps that’s for sure. It’s refreshing to see other threads rise to the top without being shoved down 3-4 times a day in favor of Marty’s interests.

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:10 pm

gregj410 wrote:Whatever, personalities collide from time to time. I don’t miss his constant thread bumps that’s for sure. It’s refreshing to see other threads rise to the top without being shoved down 3-4 times a day in favor of Marty’s interests.

THAT is maybe Marty's primary fault. He has very little tolerance for that other than what he is interested in, and his interests do not mesh well with most of the people in this hobby.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:41 pm

His photos (some of them, at least) are still up in the three-rail forum's "The Modelers Thread".

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:36 am

gregj410 wrote:I should clarify that I don’t think it was any one person or anyone thing that caused him to leave if he did indeed leave for good. V8vega never posted a thing anywhere without Marty blasting him. I don’t know what that’s about but for crying out loud, cut the guy a break once in a while.

Like You, I could never understand what Marty's problem was with Vega, who never bothered anyone. Never made any sense to me.

Neil

Postby Neil » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:27 am

You might try a little self-examination to understand why conflict arises. Quite a few people here are great at criticizing others and their points of view, but totally unaware of how their hostility and bigotry come across to others. Some insight into your own inability to relate to other people might help with that self knowledge. I'm not optimistic about that, but seemed worth mentioning. It doesn't help to be occasionally wrong, but never in doubt of your own virtues :).
Neil

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:31 am

Rufus did make a post in this thread.
OST Transitions to Annual in 2024

He has not deleted any post that I can find. It's just that all the pictures that he posted in
A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....2
no longer show up

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:54 am

Neil wrote:You might try a little self-examination to understand why conflict arises. Quite a few people here are great at criticizing others and their points of view, but totally unaware of how their hostility and bigotry come across to others. Some insight into your own inability to relate to other people might help with that self knowledge. I'm not optimistic about that, but seemed worth mentioning. It doesn't help to be occasionally wrong, but never in doubt of your own virtues :).

Look in the mirror.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:22 pm

Sage advice.
Last edited by J. S. Bach on Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”