NYC at 'breaking point'

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: NYC at 'breaking point'

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:07 pm

robert. wrote:I do believe drug abuse stems from bad parenting.

Probably just one of many contributing factors

I do feel that 80 percent cant beat addiction.

Those that do not understand the basis of addiction will disagree with you and declare it's all a matter of choice.

If we can stop the flow of opioids maybe we can bring down the number of new addicts. This one reason to have secure borders.

That's already failed too many times.

Education

One component on changing things, but there's not a quick and easy solution to a complex problem.

I would say " The medical field has changed its tune on giving out opioids. There may be a few doctors that run wild with their scripts. n the end they get caught ( i have a customer doing hard time for this exact reason) D-town hospital did an audit on all staff doctors. He wrote to many prescriptions per patient visit.

Old news and they've also gone after pharma - when you ship more to a pharmacy than can be used by everyone in a state, you know there's something hinky going on. But that's all been just one component of the problem.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:42 pm

NYC hotel worker calls out city as migrants 'destroy' rooms, 'disrespect' employees: 'No accountability'
Row NYC worker calls the situation 'total chaos' as migrants refuse to leave free hotel rooms in the city
https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyc-hotel ... untability

One New York City hotel employee is sounding the alarm on the "total chaos" migrant guests are causing as asylum-seekers refuse to leave free rooms and relocate to a migrant shelter.

Migrants initially placed at the Watson Hotel in Midtown Manhattan are camping outside after being evicted on Monday. The migrants, who are single men, are protesting accommodations at a new migrant relief center in Brooklyn.

Felipe Rodriguez, an employee at nearby Row NYC, detailed how his once-trendy hotel has spiraled into a migrant "free-for-all" riddled with drugs, sex and violence during "Fox & Friends" on Tuesday.

"Chaos, total chaos," Rodriguez said when Ainsley Earhardt asked him about the state of the hotel. "There's no accountability. The city's so-called running the program [and] allows these people to destroy these rooms. There is no daily supervision to show these people that… you don't destroy your hotel. You are only there temporarily. This is not your home."

At the Row specifically, it is costing taxpayers around $650,000 per night to house the migrants, ringing in around $500 per night per room.

Rodriguez noted the hotel is making more money from the city than it would if it hosted guests, and suggested that is the motivation behind the complicity from hotel management.

up148

Postby up148 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:07 pm

Until the people of this country get some balls or a spine and realize these illegals are not all Joseph & Mary looking for a place to spend the night, we're screwed. The good Samaritan approach will, if hasn't already, destroy the USA.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:23 pm

If I was the hotel manager i would turn of the electric.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:19 pm

up148 wrote:
The good Samaritan approach will, if hasn't already, destroy the USA.

Because no good deed goes unpunished!

What needs to happen is about 10 busses pull up & 200 NYPD cops go in and roust them up, cuff 'em and stuff em' on the bus and transport them to the shelter where they want them. Truck load of their belongings to be delivered in the AM.

You talk about hubris! To cross the border illegally and then have provided a lot more than US homeless citizens have and to bitch about it requires some big balls. I'm surprised they can walk! These are all single young men they want to move so they can shelter families in that hotel. $300 per day paid by NYC costing $600 grand per day. Actually, I like to see them back at the border and let a Border Control Officer kick their asses back into Mexico. :x
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:59 pm

I think this was very commendable of Eric Adams. :D

Eric Adams spends coldest winter night in shelter after migrants refused to leave hotel
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/eric-a ... eave-hotel

New York City Mayor Eric Adams slept at a migrant facility in Brooklyn on the coldest night of 2023 to promote the new housing option after some migrants recently refused to leave a hotel.

"Spent the coldest night of the year at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal with ‘Homeless Hero’ and advocate Shams DaBaron & @AMEddieGibbs," Adams posted to Twitter on Saturday. "Our brothers are being kept warm and the team working here is giving new meaning to the words 'love thy neighbor.'"

The mayor's post included video and photos of him at the facility, including showing him sleeping on a cot, dining with migrants and playing video games.

Adams said he chose the coldest night of 2023, when there was a low of 12 degrees in the city, to spend at the facility to show how warm and welcoming it is.

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:55 am

"The good Samaritan approach will, if hasn't already, destroy the USA."

Similar things were said about the immigrants from Ireland, Italy, Poland, and even Sweden, in times past. We are a nation of immigrants, except for the Iroquois, Apache, etc. And they immigrated from Asia thousands of years ago. Hard to see how immigration destroys the USA, since it made the USA to begin with and for the first few hundred years. And unemployment is so low that many lower wage jobs simply cannot be filled. Seems like a natural fit. Not to mention that US policies have contributed to the problems in Central America for a hundred years. Destroying democratic governments in defense of business interests. We're not exactly free of responsibility for these people.
Neil

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:42 pm

Migrants flee NYC for Canada after ‘drugs,’ ‘homeless people’ make life unbearable: report
‘I only ask God that everything goes well and that Canada is not like the United States,’ one migrant reportedly said
https://www.foxnews.com/media/migrants- ... ble-report

Migrants are leaving New York City and heading north into Canada on taxpayer-funded buses, according to a new report from the New York Post.

The Big Apple is the center of the migrant crisis on the East Coast after thousands of illegal immigrants have flooded the city, with some living in ritzy, taxpayer-funded hotel rooms.

But not all migrants are pleased with life in the city, telling the New York Post that they would rather accept "free tickets" for a ride up north to Canada and better opportunities in a country with lower rates of homelessness and drug abuse.

"The military gave me and my family free bus tickets," one Venezuelan migrant told the New York Post.

"I am going to Canada for a better quality of life for my family," one migrant, named Raymond Peña told The New York Post.

Another migrant said he was "kicked out" of the Row hotel near Times Square, after which he was sent to a homeless shelter in Brooklyn.

A whistleblower at the Row Hotel released video and photos last month of illegal immigrants trashing the hotel and leaving "good" food out to rot.

"The chaos that we see at the Row today is [caused] by migrants being drunk, drinking all day, smoking marijuana [and] consuming drugs," Felipe Rodriguez said.

The whistleblower also said that the Row was struggling with "domestic violence" among migrants, young people "having sex in the stairs," and a fight between a migrant and a hotel security officer.

Manuel Rodon, a migrant from Venezuela, told the New York Post that he was concerned about rampant drug use in New York City.

"A lot of the Americans used drugs there," he said.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:36 pm

Good riddance and don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out! Tell Trudeau we said hello!

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:00 pm

There is no comparison between immigration in the 18th, 19th and early 20th century, when the US was trying to draw people in to increase the population. Most also came legally and not sneaking across the border illegally. Big difference.

The US should have also changed the antiquated "born here gives automatic citizenship". Few countries still have that rule. I know of two families "extended in-laws" (mid 30's) who have Mexican wives. Their mothers came to the US to give birth 30+ years ago, so they became "automatic" citizens. Both girls got free college educations somehow. This was 30+ years ago, so you can imagine the tricks being pulled today. That is just wrong.

These people know how to work the system and get more here, even under duress, than where they come from, so they have nothing to loose. Sorry, you can't save the world at the cost of destroying yours.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:03 pm

up148 wrote:There is no comparison between immigration in the 18th, 19th and early 20th century, when the US was trying to draw people in to increase the population. Most also came legally and not sneaking across the border illegally. Big difference.

Actually, here was quite a lot of sneaking across the border in the 19th and early 20th century. Many try very hard to deny that since those folks were their relatives

The US should have also changed the antiquated "born here gives automatic citizenship".

What do you propose then? Void the citizenship of your own children and grandchildren?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:23 pm

Immigration in the 19th and early 20th century led to a much higher percentage of foreign born individuals in the population compared with today and recent decades. Not even close. The number of illegals is tiny compared with the early 20th century for example, and the density of population in Manhattan now is a tiny fraction of what it was then.

The problems are not totally imaginary, to be sure, but are vastly exaggerated by those who are fearful of change and not friendly to those from other "tribes." It makes great politics to emphasize the fear of the "other." But it's largely nonsense from the standpoint of society. Crime is at all time low levels, for example, but politicians are busily frightening people about how crime is rampant, and blaming it on immigrants. Total rubbish, but apparently it sells. Find these people jobs. Build affordable housing. Empty the jails of those convicted of non-violent crimes who have served a reasonable sentence. Invest in our children, education and health care. That's the path to increased prosperity and calm, not demonizing people fleeing crime, authoritarian governments and poverty.
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:28 pm

Neil wrote:It makes great politics to emphasize the fear of the "other."

Tried & true practice for centuries and it's sucked up by the sheep that would rather believe the lies than actually think for themselves.

Probably part of being human and why humanity won't survive.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:57 pm

“Crime is at an all time low” please give some examples?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:15 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Neil wrote:It makes great politics to emphasize the fear of the "other."

Tried & true practice for centuries and it's sucked up by the sheep that would rather believe the lies than actually think for themselves.

Probably part of being human and why humanity won't survive.

Right, spoken by those who live in a bubble. Tell it to this girls mother. This animal raped her after she was dead and now because he’s 17 he’s being called a boy and coddled by the news media. Give me a break. Maybe you’d think differently if you had kids or even daughters that are vulnerable to animals like this guy. God forbid it was one of your kids.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... -hamilton/

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”