Never under estimate the stupidity of the human race....

Play nice and have fun...
E7

Re: Never under estimate the stupidity of the human race....

Postby E7 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:02 pm

Get out the "Paper Bag" test. I first heard of it on the television show "Frank's Place", which starred Tim Reid (Venus Flytrap on "WKRP in Cincinnatti") and his real life wife Daphne (can't recall her last name as listed on the show credits).

One of (in my opinion) the best TV series I have ever had the pleasure of viewing.

Tim Reid (I think his character "Frank" was written as a "New Yorker") inherits a bar in New Orleans (thus the name Frank's Place) and the story lines revolve around the Bar and associated characters.

The "Paper Bag" test involved Mardi Gras and some of it's Black Krewes (social organizations) and their requirements that a potential members skin had to be lighter than the color of a common grocery bag!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Paper_Bag_Test

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu May 25, 2023 7:00 pm

Google removes 'Slavery Simulator' game amid outrage in Brazil
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-65714083

Google has removed a highly controversial game called Slavery Simulator from its app store, after it caused outrage in Brazil.

The app, which allowed players to "buy and sell" black characters, was launched by Magnus Games on 20 April.

The game was downloaded more than 1,000 times before it was removed on Wednesday, local media reported.

Brazil is a country still coming to terms with its legacy of slavery, which was only abolished in 1888.

In a description of the game, the developer boasted that users could "exchange, buy and sell slaves". It also allowed players to inflict various forms of torture on black characters.

According to images of the game, users were offered a choice to either liberate the enslaved characters or "use slaves for your own enrichment. Prevent the abolition of slavery and accumulate wealth".

At the time of its removal, the game had a rating of four out of five stars, with one review reading: "Great game to pass the time. But I think it lacked more torture options."

Social media users in Brazil expressed fury over the game, and a number of prominent politicians urged officials to hold tech companies to a higher standard.

"Blatant racism," tweeted Renata Souza, a black activist and regional politician from Rio de Janeiro.

"The image illustrating the game has a white man surrounded by black men. It is absurdly violent. Google and the developer must answer for this crime of hatred and racism."

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:47 pm

Tourist takes dangerously close selfie next to bison in Yellowstone National Park

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:24 pm

It’s just like the Dukes of Hazzard :lol:

https://youtu.be/-QxLdb77-Ic

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:10 pm

gregj410 wrote:It’s just like the Dukes of Hazzard :lol:

https://youtu.be/-QxLdb77-Ic

21-year-old woman from Tallahassee, Florida was behind the wheel. Must have been Daisy Duke.

That was one heck of a wreck she is lucky to be alive.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:02 pm

Life choices can have consequences when you turn yourself into a freak show. :(

Mum 'can't get job' because of tattoos but gets three new 'prison' inkings every week
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-new ... s-27909594

Melissa Sloan is a mum who is "addicted" to tattoos – she even gets three done a week and carries the inking gun around with her. But she's often met with cruel looks from the public

A mum who describes herself as ' addicted ' to tattoos said she can't land a job thanks to her extreme look but she won't stop getting inked - and currently gets three new 'prison style' designs a week. Melissa Sloan, 45, has ink all over her body, including bold designs with flowers and an England flag all over her face.

The mum-of-two, from Wales, said that her inkings are mainly done "prison style" by her boyfriend at home. She has a big Kray twins piece inked on her leg, one dedicated to Playboy bunnies, and cartoon marijuana leaves on her head - and the collection continues to grow.

Melissa told the Daily Star: "I have three tattoos a week. It's like when you have a fag or a drink, you get addicted. I can't stop it now, it's addictive, for me anyway. I just can't stop it.

"I carry the [tattoo] gun around with me in the boot, I'll get one in the car or anywhere. My boyfriend does them, he does my tattoos prison style."

Melissa said that her love of tattoos has had an impact on her life as she gets funny looks and struggles to hold down a job because of her extensive inkings.

She continued: "I can't get a job. They won't have me. I applied for a job cleaning toilets where I live and they won’t have me because of my tattoos.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:07 pm

If she fixed her hair she might have a little bit better of a shot getting a job. :lol:

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:38 am

Looks so bad repulses me.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:48 am

HONDO74 wrote:Tourist takes dangerously close selfie next to bison in Yellowstone National Park

Look very closely at the eyes of the bison. Doesn't it look like he's thinkin' "Geezus Keriste! Not another one! :lol:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:01 am

I say leave them glued to the ground. See how long it takes before they cry for help.

If they can't move they will have to crap their pants and can't eat.

climate activist blocking traffic as public's anger mounts
https://www.foxnews.com/media/german-wo ... ger-mounts

The activist methods also included gluing their hands to the road, so they cannot be removed without the fire department chipping out the cement underneath their hands. One activist screamed in pain as a responder tried to free his hand, according to a video that circulated on Twitter.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:55 pm

This could also qualify for how Asinine can you be. :?
This should really look good on your resume when you apply for your job at Starbucks. :lol:

University offers course studying Taylor Swift’s lyrics
https://www.ky3.com/2023/08/15/universi ... ts-lyrics/

eal are certainly worth studying – and Ghent University in Belgium thinks her lyrics are worth studying too.

The school is launching a new course dedicated to the literary merit of Taylor Swift’s discography.

The course is called “Literature: Taylor’s Version” – a nod to the artist’s rerecorded album titles.

It will be available to students starting this fall.

The professor’s blog “Swifterature” compares the pop star’s songs to writers including Sylvia Plath, Charles Dickens and William Shakespeare.

She will use Swift’s work to engage with literature “from the medieval period to the Victorian,” as well as the work of contemporary authors.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:22 pm

This may be of interest. Pardon me if it's been posted here before. I looked through the thread but didn't see it.

It's called "The 5 Basic Laws of Human Stupidity". :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqtmdC-5feA

Enjoy.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

up148

Postby up148 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:11 am

I like that George and never saw it before. It does make you wonder how many of us don't realize it's aimed at us. :lol: :lol:

G3750

Postby G3750 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:23 pm

up148 wrote:I like that George and never saw it before. It does make you wonder how many of us don't realize it's aimed at us. :lol: :lol:

Perhaps, but I don't meet the qualifications. :wink:
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:18 pm

Bill Gates thought the internet would make all of us more responsible, but he realized it just helped 'a critical mass of crazy people' find each other
http://news.yahoo.com/finance/news/bill ... 57454.html
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When the internet was taking off, Bill Gates thought it would make the world more rational.

But it turns out that it's been used by "crazy people" to help them find each other, he said.

Gates said he initially believed people would use the internet to responsibly seek information.

Bill Gates said he was originally expecting the internet to make the world a more fact-based, rational place, but has come to realize it's become a tool for disinformation and "crazy ideas."

"I will admit, the people who drove the digital revolution, including myself, really thought that the world would get more rational," Gates said at a fireside chat on Thursday in New York.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”