Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Play nice and have fun...
E7

Re: Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Postby E7 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:40 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:Does the name REAL ID ring a bell?

Except that's based off your existing state issued driver's license that really doesn't verify your being a citizen of anything but that state. There's actually no requirement to prove that you are a US citizen during that process.

I beg to differ. Part of the requirements for the Real ID is a BIRTH CERTIFICATE. I think the information on that document stating I was born in Pennsylvania proves I am a US citizen. There were deadlines to get REAL ID's that were moved back because of covid. As best I recall, the REAL ID will replace the PA Drivers license.

One of these days you are going to have to prove where you were hatched, unless the bureaucrats f*ck things up.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:59 pm

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:Does the name REAL ID ring a bell?

Except that's based off your existing state issued driver's license that really doesn't verify your being a citizen of anything but that state. There's actually no requirement to prove that you are a US citizen during that process.

I beg to differ. Part of the requirements for the Real ID is a BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

Differ all you want, but no. Was not required for mine at all.

Made an online appointment for renewal with Real ID, walked in, took a seat, waited 5 min, was called over to a window, passed an eye test, paid the bill, and told we'll mail that to you in a 10-14 days, and was pointed to the exit door and told to keep moving. Most efficient operation related to a DMV I've ever experienced.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:36 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I beg to differ. Part of the requirements for the Real ID is a BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

Made an online appointment for renewal with Real ID, walked in, took a seat, waited 5 min, was called over to a window, passed an eye test, paid the bill, and told we'll mail that to you in a 10-14 days, and was pointed to the exit door and told to keep moving. Most efficient operation related to a DMV I've ever experienced.

I just renewed my real I.D. drivers license. Thought it would be like yours. Nope. had to go home and get my birth certificate SS proof and Important mail that came to my house. My SS card that I have had since I was 16 in not valid because I had it laminated when I was a teen after I got pushed into a pool by some girls at a pool party when i showed up and didn't have my swim suit on.

Before I left the DMV I said it's Ironic that they are letting thousands of people into this country with no identification and Calif gives them drivers licenses And we have to go through another identification process that we have already done just to renew a real I.D. drivers license. :(

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:59 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

You can read PA's requirements here. To me it says " You need to show proof of us citizenship. You need a birth certificate or valid passport.
Read for yourself. https://www.dmv.pa.gov/REALID/Pages/REA ... Check.aspx
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:42 am

Guess only us mere mortals need a birth certificate or passport for a "Real ID".

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:02 am

PA was so late to the party with real id. It’s possible guidelines changed by now.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:30 am

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:

You can read PA's requirements here. To me it says " You need to show proof of us citizenship. You need a birth certificate or valid passport.
Read for yourself. https://www.dmv.pa.gov/REALID/Pages/REA ... Check.aspx

Good for PA, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PA was so late to the party with real id. It’s possible guidelines changed by now.

Actually it just shows how flawed that system is by letting every state run it their way. Supposedly a Nat'l security program that the states implement....and that it seems variable makes it suspect and not a very good candidate for implementing a Nat'l voter ID plan either.

So back to my question who operates this and by what metrics? I'd wager half the country has no idea of where their birth certificate is or if they have even ever seen their own, or even know how to get an official copy.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:56 am

Real id. Is BS. Every state is different. I’ll respond later. Headed for takeoff to Florida.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 pm

So Robert since you have talked about the schools in this thread.

What do you think about this article.....

Bill Maher says Biden administration 'all in' on pushing trans indoctrination with kids
HBO host says Democrats 'have to answer for' how they 'completely lost control' over schools
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-mahe ... ation-kids

"Real Time" host Bill Maher took Democrats to task on the 21st season premiere of his HBO show over how they have "completely lost control" over schools across the nation.

"I thought a great subject to talk about would be schools, because they're in the news a lot," Maher began the panel discussion on Friday. "We live in a prison yard in this country, which is everything is tribal. And like anything that has to do with schools or education is something really the Democrats have to answer for because they control it. I mean, when you look at the Democratic Convention, it's like three-quarters of them are teachers. My sister's a teacher. I'm a big defender of teachers, but what's going on in schools is outrageous, and somebody needs to answer for it."

Maher highlighted a recent incident in Virginia where a six-year-old brought his mother's gun to school and shot his teacher and how the school librarian told the press how "routine" teachers, students and other staff are assaulted.

"How did we completely lose control?" Maher asked. "How could any kid learn in this atmosphere when you can't even survive? And these are all schools. This is not just inner-city schools. I hear this anecdotally from people. We've completely lost control of our schools."

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:56 pm

Friday night several teachers and students handed out all kinds of lgbtq literature, on school grounds. A week before that our school board voted to remove all flags. Other than USA’s and PA’s. No nazi flags no naga flags. Pride flags are considered political with our school distric. I’ll come back to this

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:55 pm

School policy 321. Known in the media as “anti gay” teachers hate it. 321 stops teachers from soliciting students to do advocacy work. It stops teachers and or student groups from handing out any pamphlets on school property.
The ACLU has filled a complaint against the school district claiming.” CBSD is anti lgbtq”

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:59 pm

All students should feel and be safe in school. I don’t believe in placing any one group on a pedestal. Things have gone way overboard in our area.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:15 am

Will Pennsylvania schools be next.

Minnesota Democrat argues for menstrual products in boys' bathrooms: 'Not all who menstruate are female'

The Minnesota Legislature is considering a bill that would require all public and charter schools to make menstrual products available in school bathrooms, including boys’ bathrooms.

The bill, House File 44, would make it so "A school district or charter school must provide students access to menstrual products at no charge. The products must be available in restrooms used by students in grades 4 to 12."

"There are a lot of schools that are moving towards gender-neutral bathrooms, and if we add ‘female,’ we might become obsolete very quickly," Feist said.

"Second, not all students who menstruate are female," Feist continued. "We need to make sure all students have access to these products. There are obviously less non-female menstruating students and therefore their usage will be much lower. That was actually calculated into the cost of this."

According to Feist, non-female menstruators "face a greater stigma and barrier to asking for these products." She also claimed many schools have already started stocking menstrual products in all bathrooms without issue.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:25 am

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 am

I agree that schools are out of control. Their ability to provide a quality education is nonexistent.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”