Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Postby robert. » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Last night both parties spoke with me. Each wanting to know “ who , what why and how”? We had a record turnout and I pulled 3 percent. Each party mentioned “ other Independent get more votes but the are not true Independents. Most the the time the are a disgruntled candidate from either party” . Both parties say “ with their staff i would do better” i only had my Mother,wife and daughter help. In 6 months and two weeks i pulled 3 percent the 2 other candidates had years to get recognition
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:55 pm

robert. wrote:Last night both parties spoke with me. Each wanting to know “ who , what why and how”? We had a record turnout and I pulled 3 percent. Each party mentioned “ other Independent get more votes but the are not true Independents. Most the the time the are a disgruntled candidate from either party” . Both parties say “ with their staff i would do better” i only had my Mother,wife and daughter help. In 6 months and two weeks i pulled 3 percent the 2 other candidates had years to get recognition

That tells you that you were noticed and had measurable impact with basically no resources behind you. Be interesting to see what "offers" come your way in the future and with what strings.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:25 pm

You still have a chance if you become a democrat....... :wink:

A Pennsylvania man who died earlier this year was reelected to his position as a state representative.

Democrat Tony DeLuca, the longest-running Pennsylvania state representative, at 39 years, died last month at 85 of lymphoma, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Because of his recent death, election authorities were unable to change the ballots, and many voters chose him over Green Party challenger Queonia "Zarah" Livingston, marked by a sizable lead. A special election will be held to choose a proper candidate to take his seat.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:07 pm

It must be depressing to know you got whipped by a guy that died months before the election.

The only takeaway from this whole cycle, for me, was the confirmation that the pundits and the pollsters know nothing.

Neil

Postby Neil » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:12 pm

Our current polling methods depend on telephoning people. People under 30 do not answer their phones from unknown sources ;). They voted 2:1 for Democrats apparently. The current methods fail.
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:16 pm

Neil wrote:People under 30 do not answer their phones from unknown sources

As do a very large number of people older than 30 due to the barrage of phone spam over the past several years.

If it's important, they'll leave a message. If not, then I did not need to answer.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Neil

Postby Neil » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:53 pm

Yesterday I was listening to an interview with someone who does polling. They have to call 100 people to get one response that's usable. The potential for sampling error is obviously huge. Not anyone's fault, but it suggests that current polling methods are just this side of useless.
Neil

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:05 pm

They have to call 100 people to get one response that's usable.

Says a lot about an obsolete process and raises a few questions too.

"Usable" can be construed in many ways.

Polls and lobbyist should be abolished. :D

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:40 pm

You need to sends text messages for the under 35 crowd. Politicians are exempt from a do not call list. I think 100 percent of my votes cane from females 68-74 years of age living with two or more cats.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:11 pm

I know one thing, I"m sure glad this is over with for now. I'm sick of all those damn political ads. I couldn't even watch a you-tube video without out getting hit with them....

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:14 pm

robert. wrote:You need to sends text messages for the under 35 crowd.

That also applies to the over 70 crowd....

I think 100 percent of my votes cane from females 68-74 years of age living with two or more cats.

That demographic used to be a large proportion in Bucks, :wink: :wink:

I'm sick of all those damn political ads.

Mute button.....almost wore it out.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:56 pm

Neil wrote:Yesterday I was listening to an interview with someone who does polling. They have to call 100 people to get one response that's usable. The potential for sampling error is obviously huge. Not anyone's fault, but it suggests that current polling methods are just this side of useless.

I saw one of those interviews with the pollsters. I think they said for every 100 called, they received a response from 1.7 pollees. Just imagine the man hours they have to put in when the poll is published with 600 respondents. Also many respondents are the "silent majority" for either side. They refuse to admit who they're supporting.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:52 pm

robert. wrote: I think 100 percent of my votes cane from females 68-74 years of age living with two or more cats.

So tell us, who were the cats voting for? :mrgreen:

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:53 pm

You still have a chance if you become a democrat....... :wink:

Sure do…… Pennsylvania elected John Fedderdummy. Close as you get to a corpse, but then again they elected Joey the Dunce.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:16 pm

Today, after work I stopped off at the victor's house. I shook his Hand and said " congratulations on your well-deserved success". He invited me in and we shot the shit for an hour. We talked about favorite ice cream, Hot rods movies, rock concerts worst dates, child trouble school teachers with bad breath. Then he said. " His people kept on telling him I was a Republican plant to skim votes" He would respond to them with a "no we filmed this guy speaking. When people questioned his stance He would tell them why he felt the way he did". He told his people "my story of Hansel, Gretel and Jan 6 was what tipped him off that i was not a plant in the race. We talked for an hour or so and I left. When a got half way to my car. He walked back out and told. " You it does not take guts to come and shake some one's hand. It takes class. Thank you. Nobody does it this way. It's always an email or phone call"

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”