Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:34 pm

Well, you've learned a lot of the realities so that should help you. Try not to get too many strings tied to you.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:44 am

This is something I want to float out here. This place is a good mix of how people see things politically. How would people feel about a national voter ID. With no upfront cost to the recipient. Yes I know nothing if really free. I removed all my points and counter points for it. I want to see if i can put up a good argument with people here.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:18 am

robert. wrote:How would people feel about a national voter ID.

Who would issue it and what criteria/metric(s) would be applied?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:11 am

robert. wrote:This is something I want to float out here. This place is a good mix of how people see things politically. How would people feel about a national voter ID. With no upfront cost to the recipient. Yes I know nothing if really free. I removed all my points and counter points for it. I want to see if i can put up a good argument with people here.

Will these be available to all the non citizens entering the country :?:

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:15 am

issued at age 16. For citizens and legal residents Used at age 18 to vote. I have not put thought into who would issue it. In a half *** thought. I would say " The post office would be a good start" Most of America has a post office near by.
This all stems from a group i spoke with last night. One guy and it is always one persons. Is impossible to please. It comes from voter ID. This guy kept saying "we are limiting people from voting. Hurting minorities ability to vote. " I know PA. will let anybody vote. As long as they are registered. In PA. you only need id. the first time you visit a polling place. That id can be almost anything. It does not need to be a photo. If you truly have nothing. not even a piece of mail with your name and address. They still let you vote. Two polling judges will sign off on your ballot and place it into an envelope. Later in the week all those envelopes are opened and counted. They're opened at the election office and checked against some info that you gave them.
It got to the point where i had to shutdown this ultra liberal guy. only a few times have I run into someone like this.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:16 am

HONDO74 wrote:
robert. wrote:This is something I want to float out here. This place is a good mix of how people see things politically. How would people feel about a national voter ID. With no upfront cost to the recipient. Yes I know nothing if really free. I removed all my points and counter points for it. I want to see if i can put up a good argument with people here.

Will these be available to all the non citizens entering the country :?:

No. These would be for voting. Citizens and legal residents.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:59 am

robert. wrote:issued at age 16. For citizens and legal residents Used at age 18 to vote. I have not put thought into who would issue it. In a half *** thought. I would say " The post office would be a good start" Most of America has a post office near by.

Why 16? Too young to be able to think independently.

PO -- no. They have enough trouble just getting the mail sorted and delivered; yes, I know some handle passport applications, but they're just the middleman on that operation.

This all stems from a group i spoke with last night. One guy and it is always one persons. Is impossible to please. It comes from voter ID. This guy kept saying "we are limiting people from voting. Hurting minorities ability to vote. " I know PA. will let anybody vote. As long as they are registered. In PA. you only need id. the first time you visit a polling place. That id can be almost anything. It does not need to be a photo. If you truly have nothing. not even a piece of mail with your name and address. They still let you vote. Two polling judges will sign off on your ballot and place it into an envelope. Later in the week all those envelopes are opened and counted. They're opened at the election office and checked against some info that you gave them.
It got to the point where i had to shutdown this ultra liberal guy. only a few times have I run into someone like this.

The usual mix of fact and fantasy....

But then also why I asked about what criteria/metric(s) would be applied.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:32 pm

Having at 16 dose not mean you can vote. I was using that for an age starting point. It gives people time to apply and receive it. Right now there is a big fight in the state house about changing no photo needed to vote. Lockouts, walkouts and hands in the air. All this to make it a ballot question " Should we require photo id. to vote?'
I still have not heard any of the answers I thought I would. This is almost a trap question to me.
Last edited by robert. on Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:41 pm

wrong button

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:05 pm

I believe we should absolutely be required to present a photo ID to vote. I had a US Passport card issued in '06, and I believe it was issued through Homeland Security. The card was as big as the Pa. driver's license, and it had an encrypted chip on it. I got it through the post office, where I had to present a birth certificate, and another picture license, (ie: driver's license, VA card, Pa. concealed carry permit). The PO took my picture and presented it to me for $10, and then I mailed the application in. I think it was somewhere in N. Carolina. But if you think about it, when you need to renew your driver's license, it tells you in the instructions to have some other picture permit, your old license, and your car registration or a bill with proof of address on it, so it should not be a big deal to get a voter ID card. The best place would be the PO, with the same requirements. You would mail the application to your voting center. I've only needed it once to vote in Armstrong Co., South Buffalo Twp. because the poll worker did not recognize me, as she was new. Your name, along with your original signature is in the book, and they turn it around, point it out, and you sign again beside it and go vote. It's no big deal. People that move a lot should immediately find their polling location and register properly. The voter ID card would have your picture, current address, voting precinct, and it should be encrypted to be easily scanned, and would most likely speed up voting.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:12 pm

robert. wrote: I still have not heard any of the answers I thought I would. This is almost a trap question to me.

Not a surprise.

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:32 pm

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:54 pm

E7 wrote:Does the name REAL ID ring a bell?

Except that's based off your existing state issued driver's license that really doesn't verify your being a citizen of anything but that state. There's actually no requirement to prove that you are a US citizen during that process.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:17 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:Does the name REAL ID ring a bell?

Except that's based off your existing state issued driver's license that really doesn't verify your being a citizen of anything but that state. There's actually no requirement to prove that you are a US citizen during that process.

In PA. You need a social security number to get a drivers license. That pretty much stops illegals from getting a license.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:21 pm

I’m trying to remember my wife’s situation. I think het PA license was only valid with a good with proof of valid visa. Her license expired every year.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”