Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Postby robert. » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:31 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Build a friendlier, cleaner and more productive Central Bucks with Rob.

That’s not bad.

Still too long, but just used your own words......so no charge, :mrgreen:

“We can do better” 4 words not that long
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:57 pm

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote: That’s not bad.

Still too long, but just used your own words......so no charge, :mrgreen:

“We can do better” 4 words not that long

That will work for at the top of signs and flyers.

Use the full version when speaking........over and over...
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:13 pm

I’m filling out a survey . One question is. “ how to you feel about a unicameral legislature?”

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:38 pm

robert. wrote:I’m filling out a survey . One question is. “ how to you feel about a unicameral legislature?”

Survey from who/what?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:11 pm

robert. wrote:I’m filling out a survey . One question is. “ how to you feel about a unicameral legislature?”

Reaching waaaay back, but I've heard that term before.

uni = one

I think they are talking about a single legislative body, as opposed to what we have now: House and Senate

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:17 pm

Ivote, voter411 votepa and league of women voters. All local newspapers will use the league of women voters information on a candidate. None of these papers will endorse anyone. I’m having a discussion with all three. I feel they should say “ Rob Ronky made the November ballot as an independent “ it’s fair reporting. The mentioned candidates that won their primaries.
Last edited by robert. on Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:24 pm

E7 wrote:

uni = one

I think they are talking about a single legislative body, as opposed to what we have now: House and Senate

Yes, I think Nebraska operates like that. Lot of other countries do as well

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:25 pm

E7 wrote:

uni = one

Yes single. Only Nebraska works that way. It’s possible that they have a standardized form. I answered and deleted my answer twice. My final reply is . I’ll leave this up to candidates from Nebraska.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:26 pm

robert. wrote:I feel they should say “ Rob Ronky made the November ballot ad an independent “ it’s fair reporting. The mentioned candidates that won there primaries.

Seems reasonable.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:10 pm

Here's a thought: What is better, a single body with 100 voters, or 2 with 50 members each?

Six of one, half dozen of another?

That said, the fewer legislators involved, would maybe save the public some bucks.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:16 pm

E7 wrote:Here's a thought: What is better, a single body with 100 voters, or 2 with 50 members each?

Six of one, half dozen of another?

That said, the fewer legislators involved, would maybe save the public some bucks.

You just said what i used for my first answer. Then i deleted it

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:26 pm

My election bio. It need a little tweaking
https://ballotpedia.org/Rob_Ronky#Campaign_themes

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:47 am

This link should get you to the league of women voter's info https://www.vote411.org/personalized-voting-info. you can size up the other 2 candidates also.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:34 pm

I received a grade from ballotpedea. They gave me a “ leans liberal “

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:59 pm

Had a nice little local event tonight. A meet the candidates. I had the audience laughing through out my speech. Some of them were almost in tears. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I started out by recounting a call to an elected officials office and moved into how my cellphone's battery died 45 minutes later. Right when i heard them say " you are now the next caller inline". Went into how we have a bridge in town with trees growing out of it. Hit the topic of banned books or not banned books. School safety. I was hit with two hard questions. Before the event. I was asked if i want all the questions to go through the moderator for screening? I said " No let the people ask away. First hard question. How will you replace baby boomers in the work force? I looked at the guy that hit me with this. Then questioned him. Do you own a business with boomers retiring? He said "yes" I asked him " if he had tried to advertise for help wanted"? He said "yes nobody wants the job" He has a job opening for $10.00 an hour 15 hours a week. 8-11 5 days a week. Before i could respond the Mod. jumped in and said next question.
A lady hits me with " The war on drugs and the opiod epidemic. She had a twist. Her problem is. She has so much pain she can be suicidal. Doctors have fear about giving her pain killers. She claims. they are overburdened with insurance papers to keep doing her scripts. Mod jumped in again and said " Lets keep this local and state level." I talked with her after the event. She is from the American pain and disability foundation.
This was my first event with other candidates. We did not debate. everyone had 20 or so minutes. Strange thing is. the republicans were a no show. I will say " I walked into a den of democrats."
Anyway it was a fun family night out. My 8 year old daughter spoke with people in the parking lot. A ton of people told me. "Keep her walking door to door with you and she'll be in office one day"

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”