Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:06 am

robert. wrote:He said "yes nobody wants the job" He has a job opening for $10.00 an hour 15 hours a week. 8-11 5 days a week. Before i could respond the Mod. jumped in and said next question.

He's his own worse enemy. That reads like one of those crap jobs. Might get a senior to do it though. You got lucky with the Mod. on that one.

Anyway it was a fun family night out. My 8 year old daughter spoke with people in the parking lot. A ton of people told me. "Keep her walking door to door with you and she'll be in office one day"

Seems all around positive.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:28 am

I had a person run an interesting idea by me last night. It's probably not a new one. Just the first time I ever heard of it. What if police officers had to get insurance similar to malpractice insurance? Every officer pays a yearly premium. When an officer is convicted of police brutality their insurance would cover the lawsuit. Removing that burden from the city, county or state. So say " the unions would not go for it" The kicker would be to let the union write these policies. The union in turn would see a profit and be more willing to remove bad officers.... This is something i would consider.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:13 am

robert. wrote:I had a person run an interesting idea by me last night. It's probably not a new one. Just the first time I ever heard of it. What if police officers had to get insurance similar to malpractice insurance? Every officer pays a yearly premium. When an officer is convicted of police brutality their insurance would cover the lawsuit. Removing that burden from the city, county or state. So say " the unions would not go for it" The kicker would be to let the union write these policies. The union in turn would see a profit and be more willing to remove bad officers.... This is something i would consider.

Seems too easy and simple - something missing from the equation......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:16 am

What do you think is missing? Union insured officers sounds good.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:23 am

robert. wrote:What do you think is missing? Union insured officers sounds good.

If I knew what was missing , it wouldn't be missing....... File under "if it sounds too good to be true......." Doubt that the union(s) would underwrite the insurance - think that might take company licensed in the state that is willing to take this on and with deep pockets. Might end up after all the calculations that the officers cannot afford that insurance. Someone has to run the numbers to check on financial feasibility. Still the municipality(ies) carries insurance, so........maybe just shifting that over to the union. Question becomes one of trust, maybe.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:45 am

Trust is a big issue. You would think a large group of law enforcement officers it should be no problem. I don’t know if you need a license to be self insured.
A guy handed me this on a piece of paper. He said “read it” and walked away. My wife thinks it was from my democrat challenger’s camp. They have been filming me during my events. I see this guy (photographer) placing democrat signs all over town. I keep telling him to bring his candidate out” they won’t show. Must have bigger fish to fry

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:10 am

robert. wrote:Trust is a big issue. You would think a large group of law enforcement officers it should be no problem. I don’t know if you need a license to be self insured.

Insurance is state by state, or it used to be......and some companies pack up and leave some states....

A guy handed me this on a piece of paper. He said “read it” and walked away. My wife thinks it was from my democrat challenger’s camp. They have been filming me during my events. I see this guy (photographer) placing democrat signs all over town. I keep telling him to bring his candidate out” they won’t show. Must have bigger fish to fry

You should get names when they hand you stuff; tell them you want to talk to them later..... Maybe you should call out the person filming you and ask them on camera where their candidate is.....

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:46 am

[quote="robert."]What do you think is missing? Union insured officers sounds good.[/quote

Where would the union get the money to pay for it. Being that police officers are civil servants they are covered by the city and tax payer money.

I can for-see a massive amount of frivolous lawsuits.

Take it to the next step... All politicians have to have insurance.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:44 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
robert. wrote:What do you think is missing? Union insured officers sounds good.[/quote

Where would the union get the money to pay for it. Being that police officers are civil servants they are covered by the city and tax payer money.

I can for-see a massive amount of frivolous lawsuits.

Take it to the next step... All politicians have to have insurance.

The premium would e paid by the officers. Just like union dues.
I know where the challenger is. He is with a members only group. Talking to groups that already endorse him. The democrat I'm running against has 30 endorsements. I blanket endorsements from groups that only endorse Dems. I spoke with some of these groups. Questioned them on why they endorse someone before all the candidates are named? I got Blah Blah Blah. He tried to have me removed from a choice rally. Everyone of the Dems from Bucks were there. The lady that organized came over to me and said " I was making some people uncomfortable. What was my intent for being there?" I introduced myself, gave her a card showing i was pro-choice, and asked "if i could speak" Couple people around us said " yes i know this guy he is a candidate" She gave me a spot under their tent and allowed me to hand out signs and cards. I was given 10 minutes to speak( last speaker) Only about 30 people showed up that were not candidates. I only wish that i was dressed nicer. Lesson #27 learned " Always have a nice change of clothes in your car" This is truly my first rodeo. The more they knock me around. The more i learn how to roll with the punches. :)

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:37 am

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:51 pm

Robert, it is fascinating to me as I read of your campaign efforts thus far. Wish you well.

Dan Weinhold

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:52 pm

Thank you, Dan. It truly is a fun eye opener.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:50 am

robert. wrote: It truly is a fun eye opener.

Hope you took really detailed notes & names -- could be the makings of a good book.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:40 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote: It truly is a fun eye opener.

Hope you took really detailed notes & names -- could be the makings of a good book.

A long time friend got in touch. That was his sentiments also. He volunteered his services to rewrite everything i had done. He is 1000 percent better with a pen than I am. In return he gets to write the book. He came to one of my public outings and was blown away. then told me "That i was a better public speaker compared to my writing" For the next 30 days he will write all my new surveys and press releases. For the record i have no press releases. I was to afraid to submit anything that i wrote and forget about my slovak wife proof reading anything. So George gets the job and the rights to pen a book.

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:20 pm

Robert, you rock!

Dan Weinhold

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”