Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Postby robert. » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:19 pm

gregj410 wrote:
You still have a chance if you become a democrat....... :wink:

Sure do…… Pennsylvania elected John Fedderdummy. Close as you get to a corpse, but then again they elected Joey the Dunce.

His people thought he was "toast". No one i talked to in Bucks figured Fetterman would win. Fetterman did the debate after half the mail ins were in. The debate was held on Oct 25. Last day to request a mail in Nov1.
Last edited by robert. on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:10 am

gregj410 wrote:

Sure do…… Pennsylvania elected John Fedderdummy. Close as you get to a corpse, but then again they elected Joey the Dunce.

Slightly more articulate than Herschel Walker, however.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:31 am

healey36 wrote:
gregj410 wrote:

I've found boiled and mashed turnips to be more articulate and far more credible.

Oz was an embarrassment; NJ carpetbagger and a smarmy snake oil salesman.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:32 am

healey36 wrote:
gregj410 wrote:

Walker played for philly 30 years ago? Maybe. He spoke better at that time of his life. He should enter the NFL’s concussion studies. He was a bruising type fullback that played hard and it shows now

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:36 am

robert. wrote: Walker played for philly 30 years ago? Maybe.

Briefly; mainly known for time with Dallas. Think he also was involved in some MMA stuff, too.

He should enter the NFL’s concussion studies.

Poster child for brain injuries and behavior that comes with that.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:46 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote: and a smarmy snake oil salesman.

That's a good description for 98% of all politicians :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:48 am

HONDO74 wrote:

While true, Oz is the modern epitome. If this was the best the the GOP could offer in PA, they earned the result.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:59 am

HONDO74 wrote:

There was a time decades ago when I thought that was true of only a few, but that seems to have been greatly misguided. One can look at the number that enter office with little cash and few assets, leave years later multi-millionaires. It's all about the money.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:09 am

Walker has been able to create and run a business, (food service), after his football life, but I wonder if he actually learned anything in college? I think the colleges put all the emphasis on athletics and 10% on actually educating these jocks who win scholarships for their sports, which makes it obvious that the schools are only interested in sports money and big television contracts. I will say that someone must have had a creative pencil on getting them through with some kind of a degree. Listen to them talk. English and grammar sure weren't their strong points.
For Oz, I said as soon as he announced that he was a carpet bagger. McCormick, (although from Connecticut, was originally a Pennsylvanian), would have been a much better candidate, and he would have been if Trump had stayed out of it. Trump is in the process of destroying the Republican Party, and he should take a lesson from what DeSantis and Rubio did in Florida, but his ego will not let him shut his alligator mouth. Many Republicans, like myself, loved what Trump got done but cannot support him now. He's just too toxic.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:27 am

Mitch wrote: Trump is in the process of destroying the Republican Party, and he should take a lesson from what DeSantis and Rubio did in Florida, but his ego will not let him shut his alligator mouth. Many Republicans, like myself, loved what Trump got done but cannot support him now. He's just too toxic.

I agree with that 100%. I"m afraid he is going to run again because he has convinced himself that he can win.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:46 am

HONDO74 wrote:
Mitch wrote: Trump is in the process of destroying the Republican Party, and he should take a lesson from what DeSantis and Rubio did in Florida, but his ego will not let him shut his alligator mouth. Many Republicans, like myself, loved what Trump got done but cannot support him now. He's just too toxic.

I agree with that 100%. I"m afraid he is going to run again because he has convinced himself that he can win.

He is why i ran ad an independent. Republicans want a female. My Democrat challenge claimed it would have been a different race if i ran for them. Who can say if he was just being nice or honest he also claimed “his party had a hard time finding info on me” then they found my Imgur account. When the saw that i had almost 500 people and a bishop at my announcement party there was a collective gasp for air run through the room. They could not figure out how a guy half a mile from there committee house went unnoticed. The two embassy license plates made the almost faint. The couldn’t run the numbers to find out who they belonged to.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:05 am

robert. wrote:I got spanked. Dem 20,709 Repub, 15,300. Me 1,195. I’m exhausted from running around all day and night.

Robert if you are still planning on being in politics. These results should tell you what you will have to do. You are in a democrat stronghold. You will have to run as a democrat. Or my opinion is you should put your time to better use. I can't see that you will have any chance running as an independent.

And you will have to become a snake oil salesman. :wink:

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:00 am

The Cardinal of Doylestown. Another news paper continuing no research journalism. Had the Cardinal taken the time to check with ballotpedia or the League of Women Voters, They may have noticed a third candidate in this race. Instead they went with the short uninformative route.
These kind of things make it hard to get your name out.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:46 am

robert. wrote:They may have noticed a third candidate in this race. Instead they went with the short uninformative route.

No, they just didn't care about anyone but the 2 parties.

These kind of things make it hard to get your name out.

Yup. It's why we're stuck with the party of bad ideas and the party of no ideas, and it's getting harder every day to tell which is which.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:27 pm

A day after i filed my papers. LOWV. Contacted me along with ballotpa. They both gave me 1 week to complete a survey. By the second week all kinds of groups had reached out( NORML, MADD, NESA, some nurses group, work America, Plan Parenthood even PA’s pipe fitters. You would think a local rag could reach out. I sent them a press package ( business card and bio). I don’t think this one paper cost me an election. If you add up the half a dozen that left me out. Then you can say “ what if”?
Things will be a little different in 2 years. I have started earlier. I walked into the Dem’s club house and announced “my run for congress “ the lady damn near fell off her chair. Every two years they bring somebody in to go against the Republican. They bring a person that has no idea where Bucks County is. The guy i lost to gave me a backroom endorsement. I was told by the head chair. “ they make no endorsements till after the primary. Good luck and go meet people”.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”