Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Things that make campaigning door to door fun

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:01 pm

robert. wrote:Their ability to provide a quality education is nonexistent.

That is by design. No Gov't nor political entity wants a well-educated and independent thinking population.

Our schools are designed to produce sheep.

The hungry sheep look up, and are not fed,
But swollen with wind and the rank mist they draw,
Rot inwardly, and foul contagion spread
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:14 am

Fined by the Board Of Elections. Max fine of $250 or $10 a day. I failed to sh*t or get of the pot. I had filed a final repot of zero cash balance and no debt. Along with a report of no donations post election. What I failed to complete is a statement of not carrying over my zero balance. In short you need to tell them if you will run again or not in the following year. Live and learn.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:55 am

robert. wrote:Fined by the Board Of Elections. Max fine of $250 or $10 a day. I failed to sh*t or get of the pot. I had filed a final repot of zero cash balance and no debt. Along with a report of no donations post election. What I failed to complete is a statement of not carrying over my zero balance. In short you need to tell them if you will run again or not in the following year. Live and learn.

Check to see if you have to jump through a flaming hoop while wrestling a croc when you file that statement.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:02 pm

Here is the kickers. “ nobody in the BOE checks them for accuracy” They will check them for a timely arrival. Anyone that feels the need may check it. The state knows they can’t verify all these in a timely manor. They are afraid to be hit with political favoritism if they only get half verified before the next campaign session. Plus they know a watchdog group will be all over most of these filings. Had my three percent of the vote effected the outcome. Somebody would be up my arse.
They state only knows i did not send in an envelope between jan 25-31. They really don’t care if you say “ i will or will not run again” it’s perfectly legal to change your mind after you mail in your 11th envelope( stating your intent to run or not with your old balance of zero)

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:14 pm

Robert, I'm sorry to hear of your predicament. I've enjoyed the accounting of your efforts on MTJ.

Dan Weinhold

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:40 pm

Running for borough council. Ím giving it a shot ad a write-in. Trying as a Republican write-in. You can’t say “ I don’t like to do it the hard way”

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:22 am

Pulled in 305 write-in votes plus 30 some with spelling issues. I could fight and win the 30 if needed. I lost by 170. 30 more wont help.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:10 am

My buddy ran for town commissioner here in Greensboro. Of the 1900 residents only 125 voted. I wonder how many people voted in your election relative to residents within the district.

up148

Postby up148 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:42 am

Yeah, due to voter apathy, the wrong person often wins. :(

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:50 pm

Best i can tell. 939 voted 566 Dems and 373 Repubs. That is my guess going by our town votes for justice of the peace. And register of wills with 2 votes less. One from each party. We nay have 1,600 voters in town. Nobody had a good count that would include up to last day to register. County wide 42 percent voted. I only had 5 mail in votes. 118 repubs mailed in. That is my opinion. Over night register of wills changed for repub candidate by 118. Dem’s candidate by almost 300.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:05 pm

Registered with the IRS. Received an Employee indentification number(EIN) for my political action committee(PAC). I also have an Anedot processing account. They deal with incoming Apple,google,zelle,paypal,bitcoin and any other way to send electronic funds. They also have a knowledge of finance reports and deadlines for reports in state elections. Jan 1 2024. I’m set up to receive campaign donations.

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:36 am

Robert, I like your 'blow by blow' description of your campaign efforts. Stuff I never knew before. :D

Dan Weinhold

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:21 pm

Thanks Dan.
Today was ny first offical meeting with county committee people. I interviewed with the presidenr, vice president and 1st chair. It’s a strange process. You get a green light from brass. Then minions have their shot. You work your way down the chain. Not up. Now i need to woo 30 people in pairs. They return to their local committee and report on those wanting to run. Local committees can split their vote ,give a full vote or no vote. The candidate with the most votes may not win! Pres VP. And first chair can pick any candidate they want. 2 of the last four election cycles have been picked by the county. If you are not picked . You can still primary their candidate. You will just do it without state funding. I’m about a month ahead of the county committee. I have trust issues and have done most of the work that needs to make everything offical. They were shocked and semi unhappy to hear this.(makes them look bad)

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:40 pm

Spur of the moment meeting last night. I get a call @5:pm there is a committee meeting on the other end of town. It starts at 7pm. At 5:45 i was wrapped up in bed with a space heater on and a cold wet towel around my head. Wife buys me a covid test and it comes up negative. Wife pumps me up with THERAFLU and drives me across town. I like speaking to crowds. One on one not so much. 7 committee people gave me 5 yes votes ( they dońt vote yet) 2 need to know more about me. For what it is worth. 2 others that are trying were no-shows. I don’t even know if they exist. Someone may think they are lighting a fire under my arse with the hype of others in the race.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:24 pm

2 years ago Rufus said " people with plans get crucified" Well he wasn't kidding. Had my final interview in front of what should have been 47 committee members. It was time to vote on a candidate to endorse. Dressed to the nines i stepped out in front of a full room. Only 47 would get a chance to vote for me or the other guy. The rest of the room had other districts to vote on. I'll place attendance around 120-150. I started off with a joke" what does it take to make an octopus laugh? Tentacles! People laughed and chuckled .Then moved into up coming problem. Ran through a list of 4-5. Then a solutions. Told people we need to stop being reactive to problems and be proactive in nipping them in the bud. I spoke of the school board problems. Over paying of superintendents.( our past school board allowed one to resign Then hired him back 2 mins. later @ $85,000 a year more) His salary now $320,000. The perks are to die for. 4 months later a new school board was elected. This man resigned again for good.He had a golden parachute. They paid him his 4 year contract in full. Plus he now gets a consulting fee of $75,000 while the search for his replacement is on.
Part of my plan. Have the state set salary ceilings on these jobs and end golden parachutes for public servants. ( the room loved it) Our new school board hired an interim super for $175,000 for 3 months. plus travel expense($185. a day) I spoke about the annual turnpike hike of 5 percent.That is killing truckers. It can cost $250 and more for a truck to run Pitt. to Philly.
Every eye and ear in that room was focused on me.People sitting on the edge of their chairs. f i moved to the right their heads followed me. Back to the left the turned focused eating up everything i said.I had the room.Then came question time. What about fracking? Answer I have a life long friend with a masters in hydrology & water shed management. He's a bleeding heart liberal. His claims" it can be done and done well if the fracking solution is regulated. Next up Boys in girls sports. Answer I don't want it. In junior high we had to take showers after gym class. 30 12 year old boys walking naked to a shower. It was embarrassing and not need it. Next and last question. it was a two part question. Your opponent is a hard one to beat and 70 percent of the district is pro-choice. How can you succeed. On my opponent. I plan to Tonya Harding him.( the room laughed) Then the pro-choice part. I looked right at the guy who said 70 percent of the district is pro-choice. Told him. I will not go down that rabbit hole with the American women. I stand with Pa's current female reproductive rights.If i were to vote on a change it would be to bring it from 24 weeks down to 15 and nobody can confirm to me that the cutoff now is 24 weeks. I saw some heads shake in disbelief I looked back at the room and told them" I know i lost a lot of the room right there with that statement. but if you want to win an election in Central Bucks. You'll need a candidate that is NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE CURRENT LAW" You need to work with your children and family. Give them good morals and a better sexual education. Let the know the drawbacks of stupid mistakes.It's not for the government to tell you what to do with your body. I left the room for the next candidate's turn
I could kind of hear him through the door. He spoke of his job. his dog and his daughter's rabbit. Then a long bike trip he went on.While i listened several people told me " how well i did or i think the lady next to me will vote for you. you have a great plan or it looks like you care about the voters not the donors"
I lost 30-4. Only 4 people voted for me. Those 4 are the heads of the republican club i belong to. The 30 came from the club my opponent belongs to. he lives in a bigger area. A good ole boys network. 47 people should have voted. 13 did not. they were no shows. They are elected committee members that failed to vote. they could have voted by proxy.I guess republicans don't even trust their own party to get mail ins right. I have had over a dozen emails telling me " how well i did.There was a sitting congressmen in the room. He was shocked i did not get the votes. Many of his people or friends have reached out through emails

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”