Electric cars

Play nice and have fun...
webenda

Re: Electric cars

Postby webenda » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:59 am

The Tohono O'odham Nation purchased a couple of EV police vehicles.
When I saw a couple of officers at the convenience store I asked them about their pursuit vehicle. They explained it was an experiment. It was not for pursuit. So far they have discovered that they could drive up to a group of youths smoking funny weed, walk right into their midst, and greet them with, "What are you doing?" The kids never heard them coming.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:53 pm

webenda wrote:The Tohono O'odham Nation purchased a couple of EV police vehicles.
When I saw a couple of officers at the convenience store I asked them about their pursuit vehicle.

Are you back in Arizona. ??

webenda

Postby webenda » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:17 pm

No, I am still in Kentucky. The conversation with the O'Odham police occurred 5 years ago.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:31 am

Another point. You can't outrun a police radio or the other support equipment they carry. Most likely have a photo of your car and plate.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:07 pm

gregj410 wrote:The top comment in the comments section says it all

EV'S, an Impractical solution to an Imaginary problem.

Thank you! Absolutely true.

Can't wait till the governor of (your_state_here) decides to shut off the grid for that day to conserve power. :evil:

TANSTAAFL - there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. :wink:

Current estimates are that you would have to run an EV for 100,000 miles before you hit the break-even point. If it lasts that long. And then in a year or two you get to spend 20K+ (depending upon make / model) on new batteries. :shock:

Uh, no.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

webenda

Postby webenda » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:09 pm

NFPA LAST YEAR- MAY 09, 2022

NFPA has received a $225K grant from General Motors to deliver free online electric vehicle training to 12,000 volunteer and underserved U.S. fire departments.

BY SUSAN MCKELVEY

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/ ... e-training
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:50 pm

This will be a real problem when they implement EB’s.

https://youtu.be/5r-yN8SugWM

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:56 pm

That was spectacular!

Update: The CEO of the RATP, Jean Castex, announced on May 10, 2023, that the 148 electric Bluebus buses of the 5SE series operated by the RATP will only be put back into service when all safety guarantees are met. In April 2022, two Bluebus buses caught fire in Paris, leading to the removal from service of all 148 buses of the same series. They have not been operational since.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:51 am

will only be put back into service when all safety guarantees are met.

Meaning converted back to combustion engines :lol:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:59 pm

Irate family called police on Jennifer Granholm's team for blocking charging station spot for her electric car
Energy secretary's staff parked non-electric car in charging spot due to shortage of stations in Georgia

https://www.foxnews.com/media/irate-fam ... ectric-car

Biden Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm had a rocky electric vehicle tour that included a confrontation with a family who called the police on her staff over a charging station standoff.

Granholm’s staff got into a tiff with an unhappy family earlier this summer after her team tried to hold an electric vehicle charging spot by parking a gas car there, according to an NPR story from Sunday headlined, "Electric cars have a road trip problem, even for the secretary of energy."

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:05 pm

Another Democrat mandate. Rules for thee, not for me. Do as I say, not as I do.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:51 pm

CCP-tied electric vehicle company awarded more than $500 million in taxpayer money for second US plant
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ccp-ti ... d-us-plant

A Chinese electric vehicle (EV) battery company with ties to the Chinese Communist Party announced new plans to expand its operations on U.S. soil with a project in Illinois.

Gotion Inc., whose parent company Gotion High-Tech is based in Hefei, China, unveiled plans to build a $2 billion lithium battery plant in Manteno, Illinois, alongside Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker, who cheered the project.

The announcement comes amid growing opposition to the company's plans to build a billion-dollar factory in Mecosta County, Michigan.

"In partnership with the business community and the General Assembly, two years ago we set out to make Illinois a destination for electric vehicle and clean energy companies from across the globe," Pritzker said in a statement.

Gotion is facing headwinds in Michigan as it continues to push ahead with another plant. That factory — announced in October 2022 and backed by Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer — would manufacture battery components that would then be sent to the Illinois plant for final assembly.

Local residents, former State Department officials and Republicans have opposed the Michigan project, arguing Gotion High-Tech's activities in the U.S. pose a national security risk.

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:20 am

I agree with all the negative points stated above concerning the Chinese building/controlling a plant in the USA. Total BS.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:18 pm

As part of President Biden’s goal of having 50 percent of all new vehicle sales be electric by 2030, the White House is announcing public and private commitments to support America’s historic transition to electric vehicles.
Reference: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... -vehicles/
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

up148

Postby up148 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:16 am

They ought to be thinking about upgrading our electric grid before straining it with EV's. From the pan to the fire. :shock:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”