The Wisdom of Ben Stein

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: The Wisdom of Ben Stein

Postby robert. » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:45 pm

I’d like to see a national primary day. Bot something stretched out over 2 months.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:49 pm

robert. wrote:I’d like to see a national primary day. Bot something stretched out over 2 months.

Seriously doubt we can move that many bodies for a Nat'l election; we can barely do it for a state one here. Maybe a full weekend?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:34 pm

Holding a primary over a 2 month period makes it worthless to me. By the time Pa votes. It’s over.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:38 pm

robert. wrote:Holding a primary over a 2 month period makes it worthless to me. By the time Pa votes. It’s over.

Well, if every state holds a over the same 2 month period, then that should not matter. That it takes 2 months however is pretty silly given today's technology possibilities. It's not like you have to hitch up the buggy and drive to the county seat to vote.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:40 pm

I can’t tell if we are talking about the same situation. Presidential primaries start in Iowa then other states have theirs. Followed by a Super Tuesday. Then a few more states hold a primary. I would like to see this election process take place on the sane day in all 50 states. Every year some state moves their primary ahead a week so the can vote before other states. Choosing a party’s candidate for president should be done across America on 1 day

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:01 pm

robert. wrote:I can’t tell if we are talking about the same situation. Presidential primaries start in Iowa then other states have theirs. Followed by a Super Tuesday. Then a few more states hold a primary. I would like to see this election process take place on the sane day in all 50 states. Every year some state moves their primary ahead a week so the can vote before other states. Choosing a party’s candidate for president should be done across America on 1 day

1st - Some don't even use the same primary process - you might think about that a bit - it's not just voting in the booth in some states.

And then this is also something that each state decides and has control over - it's not controlled by any central organization or any 1 authority.

But, it might be interesting to do it simultaneously, but I think it would still take at least 2 days. That we take 2-4 years to run an election every 4 years is nutz; the rest of the world just laughs and laughs at us.

And then it doesn't matter who wins; the loser almost always complains regardless of party or office....and then the real losers usually are the voters anyway.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:20 pm

I looked into it for the last hour or so. the whole picking of a presidential candidate Is a cluster F**k. Different for Repubs and dems. If states make a change they can get penalized by the party. The whole primary election goes against popular vote. It is left up to states to decide how to do it. Then if the party does not like your choice of action they penalize the state. It require a change to a way out dated process

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:44 pm

robert. wrote:It is left up to states to decide how to do it.

Which is what I stated - 50 different possibilities....

G3750

Postby G3750 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:09 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:Can anybody prove illegals voted? Or is it spun? a person entered the USA 20 years illegally. Then after 15 years became a US. citizen and voted?

There's no real proof of fraud; just a convenient lie that gives malcontents an excuse to rant, rend cloth, foam at the mouth, etc.

Seriously? Nothing that hints of impropriety? Nothing that would cause men of science, raised to examine phenomenon and pursue data, to even think something was suspicious with the 2020 election? For example:

• All 6 swing states pause counting votes for several hours in the middle of the night - something that has never happened before in modern history. Prior to the pause, Trump is winning. After the pause, he's losing as a result of thousands of pristine ballots with just a single vote for Biden being "found". Many of these show signs of having been mechanically reproduced and bear no watermark.
  • Countless sworn witness affidavits from election workers attesting to widespread fraud (made under the penalty of perjury) are not even examined by courts on the basis of the Trump campaign having "no legal standing" raise a lawsuit. That's the legal equivalent of "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain". By the way, in the 21 lawsuits that were heard, Trump won 15.
  • Many states use the COVID-19 pandemic as a rationale for abandoning integral election processes, instead implementing many of the practices feared by the Carter-Baker commission - excessive use of mail-in ballots, poor ballot security, ballot harvesting, etc. The commission cited these and other poor practices as threats to safe, accurate, and trustworthy electoral process. And we are paying for that now.
  • A corrupt, woman groping, senile buffoon with a history of poor decision-making gets the largest vote total in history. Yeah, right. :roll:

Any of the above (and there are many, many more) would be enough to cause a forensic examination of the 2020 election by anyone who actually wanted to know the truth.

As to Ben Stein, you can call them rants, but they're all true. And no one here has refuted a single point of his "rant". Because they can't - they can only deflect or fling insults.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:06 am

1. The penalties for fraudulent voting are pretty severe.

Oh really? Didn’t seem to matter to Brenda Snipes.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/11/brenda-s ... s-ballots/

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:15 am

So a frail feeble old man who didn't campaign and has dementia beat Trump.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:52 am

v8vega wrote:So a frail feeble old man who didn't campaign and has dementia beat Trump.

Or did he?

The media gave him great covering fire by hammering Trump at every turn, emphasizing COVID-19 fears, and suppressing all of Biden's acts of corruption with China and the Ukraine. Add in the perverting of the electoral process in the 6 swing states and you have the result we are now enduring: Venezuelan politics in this country.

It doesn't pass the smell test - not even close.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:31 am

Whatever you might think of Andrew Yang, I found the following article to be of great interest. Does "Power corrupt?"

https://politics.slashdot.org/story/21/10/03/233256/andrew-yang-suggests-power-may-affects-politicians-brain-neurons

Dan Weinhold

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:59 am

sleepmac wrote:Does "Power corrupt?"

That someone would have to actually have to ask that question makes one wonder what cave they've been living in for the past 2-3000 years.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”