The other forum from the 2 rail thread

Play nice and have fun...
gregj410

The other forum from the 2 rail thread

Postby gregj410 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:52 pm

I didn’t want to dis the guys on the 2 rail forum, so I thought I’d get my digs in here :lol: at the club house lounge :lol: I’ve linked to it below. In all fairness to you Bob you seem like a reasonably level headed and free thinking guy. However your comment struck me as odd. I don’t believe that Donald Trump wanted to get rid of any media, so much as I think he wanted them to be truthful with the American people. Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg on the other hand did to Donald Trump what you think he wanted to do to the news media. That my friend is true censorship.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19296

bob turner wrote:And not to get this thread hustled off to the clubhouse where "stop the steal" folks seem to predominate, but my guess would have been that the management of NK more or less agrees with you. They have not said that, but doesn't censorship sort of go along with what Trump wanted to do in his second term? Get rid of the fake media and "New York Times v Sullivan"?

bob turner

Re: The other forum from the 2 rail thread

Postby bob turner » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:46 pm

No dis taken. Pretty sure you can find quotes of Donald advocating censorship. He really, really wants to continue being President. I am stunned by how far right the Clubhouse is, and try not to spend much time here.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 pm

I don't know if you guys saw my post about Abbott & Costello's who's on first. It was redone to the tune of who's vaccinated. I placed that on Facebook. 2 days later they removed some lines.. Then placed a tag on it saying " Our fact checkers found this to contain false or misleading information" A comedy sketch and they want to remove lines. That is censorship.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:03 pm

He really, really wants to continue being President.

Someone has to be !

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:53 pm

I don't "do" facebook - but you can bet their censors are automatic, and cannot detect humor or sarcasm.

I take it back - I cannot find Trump quotes about shutting down mainstream media. Maybe he likes them.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:53 am

Forget about Trump for a second or two, and tell us what it is about the Democrats that you like? Do you think they should let people just waltz across the border at will? What do you think naturalized citizens who went through the whole song and dance to become citizens think about that?

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:24 am

I don't "do" facebook - but you can bet their censors are automatic, and cannot detect humor or sarcasm

You would also be incorrect again IIRC. I remember hearing a story where people who worked for FB were instructed to remove content they deemed offensive or inappropriate and they were hired to police FB. Ever hear of FB jail? That’s where they temporarily suspend you’re account because they don’t like what you have to say.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:22 am

Facebook fact checkers they have thousands of people working on this. I'm sure it is real easy with key words popping up. I'm my post it said " vaccinated people can get sick". That is all they need to see. It will be removed or tagged with misleading information. I will agree with you that they did not read it. If i knew how to contact them. i might have a chance to have their citation removed from my post or they may ad this is only a joke. Facebook has a report post button that people can use. f someone does not like your statements. They will report your post. It will be removed awaiting approval. That can take days. I have avoided facebook jail. I my post were happy themed fluffy stuff. I June i tried to get my name on the ballot for congress. The last thing i wanted was facebook skeletons in my closet. Once you hit facebook jail the watch you like a hawk. If the weatherman says " 35 percent chance of rain" and you repost saying "30 percent chance of rain" They will ding you for giving out false info.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:40 am

I'll play for just a bit longer:
If you get your information from Facebook, you are woefully uninformed. If you get your information from this area of a forum, you do not get any better informed.
There are far better sources - try "Reason" or one of the better-sourced right wing pubs. If you want balance, include the "Atlantic" or even "The New Republic." Read Jonah Goldberg and George Will.
Good luck.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:02 am

If you get your information from Facebook, you are woefully uninformed.

I’m not on FB and I don’t think this is about getting information so much as it is about censorship.

If you get your information from this area of a forum, you do not get any better informed.

Now that’s just hilarious :lol:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”