California recall election

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: California recall election

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:44 pm

HONDO74 wrote:The new law will ban the sale of all off-road, gas-powered engines, including generators, lawn equipment, pressure washers, chainsaws, weed trimmers, and even golf carts. Under the new law, these machines must be zero-emissions, meaning they will have to be either battery-powered or plug-in, according to the Los Angeles Times.

I can appreciate not having gas-powered lawn equipment, pressure washers, chainsaws, weed trimmers around here -- every day I get serenaded by the endless noise of such rubbish. I'm a little confused however how a battery-powered or plug-in generator functions.....

And, my next chainsaw will probably be battery powered - got too many pros telling me the love them. All the rest of my lawn equipment is battery powered now.

A gas-powered riding lawn mower costs between $7,000-$11,000 while the zero-emissions version costs more than twice that amount, according to the outlet.

Seems a wee bit high unless these are the Ferrari brand......

The new rule will be implemented by January 2024, or as soon as regulators determine is "feasible," whichever date is later. The California Air Resources Board has already started working on executing the law, which is a lengthy process scheduled to conclude early next year, per the outlet.

So, 2 years away while everyone runs out and buys what they need and stocks up. Right.....that'll work.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 am

New California law will force retailers to have ‘gender neutral’ toy sections
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... y-section/

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) on Saturday signed Low’s legislation, Assembly Bill 1084, which will force large retailers to have non-gendered toy sections starting in 2024. Proponents said the requirement will help consumers comparison shop and also tamp down on gender stereotypes that hurt children who play with toys marketed to a different gender. Detractors said the law infringes on business owners’ freedom to market their products and lay out their stores as they see fit.

Maybe they should do the same with children's cloths No more boys and girls departments.Mix them all together. Let the little ones decide what they want to wear. :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:34 am

HONDO74 wrote:Maybe they should do the same with children's cloths No more boys and girls departments.Mix them all together. Let the little ones decide what they want to wear. :wink:

All that's going to do is kill the retail stores as parents will just go to online sources and order what they want for their kids.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:26 am

Stores in PA. Have non-gendered toy sections. Most of the games and educational toys fall into that category.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:33 am

robert. wrote:Stores in PA. Have non-gendered toy sections. Most of the games and educational toys fall into that category.

Why does anyone really care about this anyway. Kids play with what they want to play with and those with an imagination have more fun with a big cardboard box than what came in the box. This seems like something that reflects seriously insecure parents.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:24 pm

I agree with you. We have more fun with a paper towel tube than a house of Barbies

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:51 pm

I'm afraid there is a small contingency of people in our country/world focused on righting all of their "perceived" wrongs. Gender neutral toys..........come on.......get a life.......yet it passed as law in CA. We're in real trouble in this country. :shock:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:18 pm

robert. wrote:Stores in PA. Have non-gendered toy sections. Most of the games and educational toys fall into that category.

Video games have always been in a section of their own. The boys know witch ones to get. The violent 1st person shooter games. How many girls play those. They even had sex in Grand Thief Auto for the boys. :(

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Grand theft auto is for 20 year old basement dwellers. Discovery and National Geographic make some cool toys my daughter and I place plastic dinosaurs in egg molds. Then fill it with colored plaster. When they dry we hide them in the woods with little notes. We also leave clues online about their location. We don’t have many new store bought toys all used garage sale specials

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:17 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Video games have always been in a section of their own. The boys know witch ones to get. The violent 1st person shooter games. How many girls play those. They even had sex in Grand Thief Auto for the boys. :(

I think you'd be very surprised how many girls are gamers......and none are probably witches either.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:57 pm

Los Angeles scrubs Catholic Saint Junipero Serra from park where statue was torn down by activists
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said an 'indigenous cultural easement' would be created
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/los-an ... -torn-down

Los Angeles is scrubbing the name of Junipero Serra, a Catholic saint and missionary, from a downtown Los Angeles Park, more than a year after activists vandalized statues of the 19th century priest.

Mayor Eric Garcetti announced that La Plaza park, known as Father Serra Park, will be renamed and that an "indigenous cultural easement" would be created "to give local indigenous communities priority access to the park for practice of traditional ceremonies."

SAN FRANCISCO ARCHBISHOP HOLDS EXORCISM WHERE PROTESTERS TOPPLED JUNIPERO SERRA STATUE

"Los Angeles is a city of belonging that takes responsibility for the mistakes we’ve made in the past," said Mayor Eric Garcetti. "Our indigenous brothers and sisters deserve justice and today we take a step toward delivering both greater cultural sensitivity and spaces for Angelenos to gather and perform their traditional ceremonies."

The press release said that the city will remove Saint Junipero Serra’s name from a portion of the park and will be referred to as La Plaza Park until a new name is adopted.

Garcetti had convened a "civic memory" working group in 2019 to give recommendations as to how the liberal city could "engage" with its past. But as the group was working, left-wing activists took matters into their own hands and ripped down the statue of Serra in 2020. Another statue of Serra in Sacramento was also vandalized.

Serra, who lived from 1713 to 1784 and was canonized by Pope Francis in 2015, is seen as the father of the California missionary effort.

Serra is heralded as bringing Christianity to Western America and assisting in the conversion of many Native Americans. Canonizing Serra at a mass in Washington D.C. in 2015, Pope Francis implicitly rejected claims that Serra was involved in the mistreatment of Native Americans.

"He learned how to bring to birth and nurture God’s life in the faces of everyone he met; he made them his brothers and sisters," he said. "Junípero sought to defend the dignity of the native community, to protect it from those who had mistreated and abused it."

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill last month that allows the statue of Serra at another park in the blue state to be replaced with a monument honoring Native American tribes.

up148

Postby up148 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 am

Sure am getting tired of activist who take matters into their own hands without repercussions. Small vocal fringe groups or minority populations are changing the country and I don't like it. Just as mentioned before, they think they need to right wrongs that either don't exist or happened so long ago they are not relevant today.

Getting a little tired of these people trying to change history to their liking......it happened, deal with it and move on.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:53 am

up148 wrote:Sure am getting tired of activist who take matters into their own hands without repercussions. Small vocal fringe groups or minority populations are changing the country and I don't like it. Just as mentioned before, they think they need to right wrongs that either don't exist or happened so long ago they are not relevant today.

Getting a little tired of these people trying to change history to their liking......it happened, deal with it and move on.

If you like that one you will love this one. :wink:

Violent protesters arrested after storming Interior Department, injuring officers
Video shows protesters pushing police as they attempt to gain access to the federal building
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/remini ... g-officers

Dozens of activists protesting fossil fuel projects were arrested Thursday in Washington, D.C., after they staged a sit-in at the Interior Department, a move that led to "multiple injuries" and at least one law enforcement officer being transported to a hospital.

Demanding that President Biden declare climate change an emergency, People vs. Fossil Fuels, the group responsible for the protest, organized a week-long series of demonstrations against the president as he approves different fossil fuel projects.

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA DEMS DISTANCING FROM BIDEN ADMIN ON SUPPLY CHAIN CRISIS, OIL SPILL DISASTER

Following the protest, Interior Department spokeswoman Melissa Schwartz released a statement through a series of tweets.

"Early this afternoon, a group of protestors entered the Stewart Lee Udall Main Interior Building," Schwartz wrote. "Federal Protective Service personnel responded to the area to mitigate the situation. Multiple injuries were sustained by security personnel, and one officer has been transported to a nearby hospital. Medics representing both the Department and the protesters were present."

Schwartz also noted that Interior Secretary Deb Haaland was not in Washington during the protest and insisted that leadership at the department "believes strongly in respecting and upholding the right to free speech and peaceful protest."

According to video footage from The Washington Post's Ellie Silverman, activists could be seen climbing up doors and pushing officers back as they tried to force their way into the Interior Department.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”