Why would somebody

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Why would somebody

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun May 16, 2021 6:36 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Wweeelllll....
As an exemplification, look at Wayne's avatar picture and look at mine. We both have hats on. Are the hats the same , or even similar ? No? Are the messages spoken thru those avatars similar? No. Why? They speak of two very different people. Yet....(?)

I better put on a hat! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait.....do you know who that avatar is that I am using? Comes around once a year.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun May 16, 2021 7:03 pm

He seems a gentleman who is usually calm , rarely angry at others , educated via life's experiences and/or formally , adventuresome , and... (?)

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun May 16, 2021 8:47 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:The contrast between the avatars that Rufus and gregj have chosen to represent themselves is marvelous, each speaking volumes in its message.

There’s no real magic to my avatar. That is ‘Eddie’ from Iron Maiden, a mascot if you will. I’m a big fan and that is Eddie from the Piece of Mind album which is one of my fav’s. I could rotate Eddie’s weekly as there are many. I’ve always found the IM artwork to be pretty cool. Nothing more, nothing less. Here’s another cool Eddie....from the Death on the Road album

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon May 17, 2021 5:29 am

The avatar you have in-place above your forum name seems angry, combative, and menacing, which to me is a particular image being conveyed deliberately.
Not criticism. Just my interpretation.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon May 17, 2021 6:48 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:He seems a gentleman who is usually calm , rarely angry at others , educated via life's experiences and/or formally , adventuresome , and... (?)

Just one of the authors whose works I have enjoyed - Roger Zalazny
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun May 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Ok. I was going to start a new thread , entitled :
What the ...?
But, I figured this thread would do , anyolways:

Chocolate covered Cicadas (!!!!!!) A woman named Dwyer, in Maryland, hand-makes them, making sure to tell us she "cleans them first, " then dips them deep in chocolate. 1doz. for $18.00

Àw man. No way. Not ever.

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Sun May 23, 2021 2:00 pm

I have heard also of chocolate covered bees, and ants. LOL

Dan Weinhold

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun May 23, 2021 2:06 pm

sleepmac wrote:I have heard also of chocolate covered bees, and ants. LOL

Dan Weinhold

Yes, I've heard of those,too, even seeing the ants available , when I was a boy, in the late 50's, at Kaufman's Dept. Store , in Pittsburgh, and I guess some of us are aware that some societies in Old Testament times had locusts as part of their diet, and even considered it good to have them available , or as a curse, to some, but not insects this big (!)

In fact, I think there are some Asian societies, in contemporary life, who have large insects available for eating via vendors in the occasional open-air market.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun May 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Why, because they can... Locusts I've seen available fried, etc. for many years....

Cicadas.......no reference points.

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Tue May 25, 2021 4:15 pm

Ok, I need some help, I think. Someone who should know better made this statement today on Facebook:"US has 133 million registered voters. 2020 Election 159 million voted". Where would I find the accurate numbers that make that staement bogus?

Thank you,
Dan Weinhold :)

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue May 25, 2021 4:23 pm

sleepmac wrote:Ok, I need some help, I think. Someone who should know better made this statement today on Facebook:"US has 133 million registered voters.

They probably do know better - it's Facebook and more misinformation.

Try here: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 010087001/
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue May 25, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chuck

Postby chuck » Tue May 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Or this.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-voters-133-million/fact-check-133-million-registered-voters-argument-uses-flawed-logic-idUSKBN296284

Number of "registered voters" is off because no one in North Dakota has to "register" and the data for same day registration (in states where this is allowed) was not included in that "133 million" figure.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Tue May 25, 2021 7:21 pm

Correct vote totals for Trump (74 million) and Biden (81 million). More than 159 million registered voters cast ballots in the general election, out of 239 million eligible voters. So it is completely possible that Trump and Biden would post that many total votes.

Dan Weinhold

chuck

Postby chuck » Tue May 25, 2021 8:21 pm

Yep.

It does beg the question of what happened to the other 80 million people who didn't vote?
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 am

chuck wrote:Yep.

It does beg the question of what happened to the other 80 million people who didn't vote?

more than 2 candidates received votes Many people felt that none of the candidates deserved their vote. What those numbers is i don't know
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”