Lionel Joe Biden Locomotive Offering

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:19 pm

https://o-gaugeforum.com/thread/3370/li ... e-offering

The boys over on the OGF had a lot of fun with this one. Brian doesn't usually let politics on that forum but he let it slide this time. They tend to be conservative over there and they were having a good time at the expense of Lionel and JOE BIDEN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Five pages long. Someone did the same thing on OGRR but it was all deleted. :wink:

gregj410

Re: Lionel Joe Biden Locomotive Offering

Postby gregj410 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:25 pm

My first thought was ‘Does it come with the kids locked in cages cars ?’ :lol:

MartyE

Postby MartyE » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:58 pm

Does it really matter what some one on another forum does? So OGR deleted, that's their prerogative just as OGF let it ride. Personally I tend to lean towards the OGR philosophy that if you start getting into the politics of the product then the posts should probably to go. I get enough of that on Facebook and what have you. I go to the train forums to leave all that BS behind.

Personally I think some forums worry way too much about what happens, is said, is deleted, etc.on other forums rather than just existing on their own. This forum used to have the reputation for that, I participated too, but for the most part has gotten away from that. It's sort of refreshing.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
MartyE.com and KodiakJunction.com Home to Kodiak Junction U.S.A.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:08 pm

MartyE wrote:Does it really matter what some one on another forum does? So OGR deleted, that's their prerogative just as OGF let it ride. Personally I tend to lean towards the OGR philosophy that if you start getting into the politics of the product then the posts should probably to go. I get enough of that on Facebook and what have you. I go to the train forums to leave all that BS behind.

Personally I think some forums worry way too much about what happens, is said, is deleted, etc.on other forums rather than just existing on their own. This forum used to have the reputation for that, I participated too, but for the most part has gotten away from that. It's sort of refreshing.

We have a number of members on this forum that still refer to OGRR as NK (AKA North Korea)

At least on this forum if you want to complain about the color on a Lionel engine being wrong you can do it.... :wink:

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:56 pm

MartyE wrote: ...snip...Personally I tend to lean towards the OGR philosophy that if you start getting into the politics of the product then the posts should probably to go. ...snip...

I wish that policy would be rigidly applied here, too!!

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:03 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:
MartyE wrote: ...snip...Personally I tend to lean towards the OGR philosophy that if you start getting into the politics of the product then the posts should probably to go. ...snip...

WHY ??

Talking about trains on this forum has been a lost cause for a long time.

One pf the most popular threads on this forum that ran for several hundred pages was the OGR crapper thread where the members Bitched about what was going on over on OGRR.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:15 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:

My problem is that someone must spend a lot of time reading everything, making a decision, and if done correctly. notifying the bad guy.
I also remember that when I found MTJ it was being referred to on other forums as the "forum of misfits". Personally I liked it that way.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink: :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:34 am

If you use a president on your product. Does somebody get royalties?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:01 am

robert. wrote:If you use a president on your product. Does somebody get royalties?

Is permission needed for a product? I doubt it.
roger

I support thread drift.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:18 am

It probably falls under some along the lines of public figure. Franklin mint pulls it off all the time. I feel for a toy company “it’s not the best idea “
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:08 am

robert. wrote:If you use a president on your product. Does somebody get royalties?

There is a point in which an image of a public figure of suitable stature becomes free to use in many ways - another complexity of copyright law.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Neil

Postby Neil » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:52 am

I suggested that a Lionel Marjorie Greene Laser Car could balance things out. Brian thought my idea of a big Jewish star on the side was too much and deleted it :). By the way, I think I can make such jokes as I have Jewish ancestors.

By and large it's silly arguing with people about this stuff, as no one changes their mind. I don't want a Biden locomotive and I certainly didn't want a Trump locomotive. To me, as with many people, politics and toy trains seem a match made in hell.

Times have changed at OGR in that they don't allow anti-manufacturer rants of any persuasion and simply tell people if they want to act out their lunacy or prejudices, they can do it elsewhere. It helps that some of the most ardent MTH homers and crazies have left that forum one way or the other. It's much more balanced, although there is a fringe element of Lionel disparagement that goes well beyond reality testing. Most of the small number of Lionel haters walk the tightrope between legitimate complaints and general hostility pretty well.
Neil

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:56 pm

Brian thought my idea of a big Jewish star on the side was too much and deleted it :). By the way, I think I can make such jokes as I have Jewish ancestors.

That’s because he reads here and can see you’re a racist idiot.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:05 pm

Quotes :lol:

Will the new loco have to be constantly monitored, prompted
and rebooted because it constantly "forgets" its settings?

Will it spontaneously execute unplanned maneuvers? How often
will it need its electronics replaced?

Will it intermittently loose contact with its controller and
signals?

Will it require ever more power the longer it runs? Eventually
exceeding the limits of the power supply?

Will it prematurely fail, thus requiring replacement?

The headlights are on but there’s no one in the cab...

Word is it can only handle leftward curves and it switches tracks without warning

another great offering from Lionel could be the Democratic Gold Car ( in red). With the mystery 154 million in campaign funds that mysteriously appeared... :)

George Soros and Bernie Sanders could be painted on the sides...

As part of the consist, I'd also like to see a new variation of the Lionel 6800 flatbed car, but instead of carrying a Beechcraft, carrying John Kerry's private jet.

A neat addition is the press secretary caboose that automatically circles back!

Lionel Facebook page has a posting of the engine. Almost all negative comments from almost 1000 comments posted. Most saying not for me because of politics. Others sarcastically saying this engine will always derail!

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:29 pm

Sounds like more politics and model railroading.
roger

I support thread drift.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”