Has President Biden

Play nice and have fun...
bob turner

Re: Has President Biden

Postby bob turner » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:49 pm

You do know that Biden tried to get Obama to get us out? You also must know that being a vice president, at least in government, is a powerless position? Biden is only responsible for eight months of this mess. And I bet, when it is all over, this will be judged the most successful evacuation ever accomplished by anybody.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Bs mr turner. Vp Biden had full access to info during his term. President Obama was prides himself on how he let his full team have input. Time will tell on the withdrawal. Right now it doesn’t look so good. For us or the Afghanies
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:41 am

bob turner wrote:You do know that Biden tried to get Obama to get us out? You also must know that being a vice president, at least in government, is a powerless position? Biden is only responsible for eight months of this mess. And I bet, when it is all over, this will be judged the most successful evacuation ever accomplished by anybody.

That’s a stretch but I hope your right. I agree we shouldn’t have been in this long. I also agree that both sides contributed to the past 20 years of the Afghanistan war.
However, this is the here and now. Amongst the 5-6 of us here on this thread, we could have come up with a better exit strategy if we had the alleged equipment list that up148 posted on page 26. Say what you want but this falls squarely on the shoulders of Joey the Dunce and this administration. Just like all you guys on here that say Trump was responsible for all the covid deaths and mis managing the pandemic. So then does it not stand that Joey the Dunce is responsible for the Afghanistan exit strategy and those who will or have already died in the process?

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:43 pm

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:07 pm

My last comment on the subject - other than to state that you should check Joey's record during the Obama administration. He wanted out of Afghanistan. He was unable to convince the boss.

The world's most successful wartime evacuation is widely regarded to be Dunkirk. 338,000 military folk were evacuated from Dunkirk in eight days flat. Shortest route was 39 nm; best was 55 nm. A C-17 barely gets its flaps up in 38 nm.

Lost were 243 vessels and 68,000 troops. Left behind were tanks, vehicles, and stores. A lot of them.

I don't have the exact numbers on this one, but they are currently available. Let me round them off - 120,000 folks evacuated, stage lengths probably over 2000 nm on average. Lost no aircraft. Lost 13 brave young Americans - a huge loss - and maybe 130 Afghans, most of whom were innocent bystanders. Left behind - probably all that stuff that Butch listed. A lot of it was rendered useless.

If you just look at the numbers, it is possible that this one was more successful than Dunkirk. There are other ways of looking at it, of course - but I just wanted to offer the comparison. It is possible that Joey might not suffer such a horrible fate as suggested above. History books will be written in the not too distant future - I will read both sides. I have even been known to read Ann Coulter, although I trust Woodward more for factual info.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:27 am

bob turner wrote:You do know that Biden tried to get Obama to get us out? You also must know that being a vice president, at least in government, is a powerless position? Biden is only responsible for eight months of this mess. And I bet, when it is all over, this will be judged the most successful evacuation ever accomplished by anybody.

Once upon a time, there was this place called Entebbe!

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:34 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Taliban demand US diplomats return to Kabul
https://news.yahoo.com/taliban-demands- ... 00564.html

Tue, August 31, 2021, 1:41 PM
In this article:

Taliban officials “expect” President Joe Biden to reopen the U.S. Embassy in Kabul despite U.S. insistence that future diplomatic relations will depend on Taliban behavior.

“America should have only a diplomatic presence in Kabul,” Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said Tuesday, per an Afghan media outlet. “We have communication channels with them, and we expect them to reopen their embassy in Kabul, and we also want to have trade relations with them.”

Secretary of State Antony Blinken hopes that the Taliban will be induced to allow safe passage for Americans still in the country and curtail their abuses of human rights, but the administration maintains that it is not taking the militants' promises at face value. The withdrawal and relocation of American diplomats from Kabul to Qatar, the Gulf Arab state that also hosts the headquarters of the U.S. Central Command forces who orchestrated the evacuation from the Kabul airport, was offered as the most visible sign of that distrust.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:08 pm

You can hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster. The Taliban owns Joe Biden. This would have never happen on Trumps watch!

Neil

Postby Neil » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:14 pm

Actually the Republican party is beginning to look more and more like the Taliban every day. Suppressing the rights of women and enforcing religious ideas in the schools. Xenophobia 'R Us. Fear and loathing of modern life and science. Hostility towards all sorts of progressive ideas. So yes our local MAGA Taliban including all our fascist friends here at home may well own Joe Biden come the next election.

Of course the epidemic may deplete their unvaccinated ranks and unmasked ranks, and thus ironically prevent their attempts to put the orange Fuhrer back in power through gerrymandering and voter suppression. Wouldn't that be grim poetic justice of a kind? Ivermectin induced voter suppression as a metaphor for misguided and plain old dumbass living. Marjorie Green as the evil Queen in Snow White turning out not to be the fairest of them all. Just the craziest and most dysfunctional of them all.

As for this not happening on Trump's watch, WTF are you referring to? Withdrawing from Afghanistan was his plan. The military and the Taliban executed it (no pun) with minimal fighting and casualties. The only difference is that if Trump was still President we'd have to listen to his bragging and blustering about how he was the greatest President ever :). A bigger bag of hot air and outright lies has never existed in federal office, at least in my lifetime. Whatever hallucinogen you are taking is working all too well.
Last edited by Neil on Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:45 pm

It appears vaccinated people are getting covid also. I’d bet President Biden does bot run in 2024. He will be 78 years old . He would never have the energy for a campaign.

Neil

Postby Neil » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:50 pm

Vaccinated people aren't dying from COVID-19 at remotely the rate as non-vaccinated people. Dead people don't vote.

Joe Biden will be close to 82 in 2024 and has already suggested he will not run for re-election. Hopefully he can achieve most of his goals in the next year before the Republicans make legislation impossible except for depriving women and people of color of their Constitutional rights and perhaps screwing up the economic incentives with more tax cuts for the rich :). And perhaps legislating an anti-science agenda for the nation and for the schools. Requiring that children be taught that the moon is made of green cheese and that coronavirus should be treated with herbal supplements sold by Alex Jones.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:11 pm

Both parties give tax breaks. They just call them different names. I hear people say “ corporations aren’t people” meaning they want to take away some tax breaks given to corporations. Then they say “ the government needs to give auto makers funding/incentives to make environmentally friendly cars. That’s a tax break of a different name. It’s time for a whole new ew group. Alk these old heads need to go both parties.

Neil

Postby Neil » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:17 pm

There are tax breaks that make sense to encourage socially valuable behavior, and those that are just giveaways to the already fabulously wealthy. The Republican party has become the slavish servant of the plutocrat class, exacerbating the worst social inequality since the late 19th and early 20th century. The former types of tax breaks increase productivity and competitiveness and the latter are drains on the poor, working and middle class and robbing the nation of government support of vital services. Funding infrastructure, health care, scientific research and education increase the wealth of the nation. Tax cuts to folks who already have capital holdings of hundreds of millions or billions of dollars increase the number of houses and off shore bank accounts of those who already have a disproportionate share of the nation's wealth. Capitalism works but it also is subject to disastrous abuses.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:53 pm

Keep your eyes open on the infrastructure money. Most of it will go to replace lost weapons in afghanistan

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:50 pm

Taliban says U.S. drone strike in Kabul also killed civilians - Chinese state TV
https://news.yahoo.com/taliban-says-u-d ... 53015.html

By Yew Lun Tian

BEIJING (Reuters) -A Taliban spokesman said a U.S. drone strike targeting a suspected suicide bomber in Kabul on Sunday resulted in civilian casualties, and condemned the United States for failing to inform the Taliban before ordering the strike.

Spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told China's state television CGTN on Monday that seven people were killed in the drone attack, describing the U.S. action on foreign soil as unlawful.

"If there was any potential threat in Afghanistan, it should have been reported to us, not an arbitrary attack that has resulted in civilian casualties," Mujahid said in a written response to CGTN.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”