Has President Biden

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: Has President Biden

Postby robert. » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:46 am

We have a separation of church and state. I take that the be. “ the church can not tell the government what to do” if the the catholic church wants less abortions. They should acquire more followers, teach better or allow birth control. I will give biden credit for not letting his religious belief play into law making.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Neil

Postby Neil » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:53 am

I don’t know anyone who is pro abortion. I do know a majority of people are in favor of a woman controlling what happens to her body, including contraception and the ability to terminate a pregnancy at the time of embryo formation and before a fetus becomes a viable human being. We have lots of people in this country who believe in freedom unless it’s a woman’s freedom.
Neil

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:29 pm

I think I can see both sides on this one. If your religion says that life begins at conception and you will wind up in Hell if you take an unborn life, then you cannot participate in abortion of any form.

But do you then acquire a right to enforce your religious beliefs on others? That is the big question here. We are free to be strictly pro-life even in cases of rape, but are we free to take away someone else's freedom to believe and act differently?

I personally believe that religious beliefs have no place in determining our laws. They benefit our society, of course, and debate is always healthy. But I do not wish to live under a system of religious law - that includes Catholic law as well as Sharia.

Let's preserve freedom of worship.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:21 pm

bob turner wrote: But I do not wish to live under a system of religious law - that includes Catholic law as well as Sharia.

Let's preserve freedom of worship.

Maybe Sharia law is a good thing , and we men should embrace it :wink: This is where men get to totally control women. :)

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world......

By 2040, Islam could be the second-largest religion in the US
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/politics ... index.html

(CNN)The Muslim population is growing, and in the next two decades Muslims could become the second-largest religious group in the United States, according to a Pew Research study.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:04 pm

I don’t know anyone who is pro abortion

Of course you do Neil. You are, after all you don’t consider a 15 week fetus a baby. Looks like a baby to me.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:19 pm

IRS would track all bank transactions over $600 under Biden plan; Businesses revolt
https://news.yahoo.com/irs-track-bank-t ... 00522.html

A major component of President Joe Biden’s plan to raise revenue to pay for his trillions of dollars in new federal spending is now under fire from trade associations across the country.

The Biden administration has made clear its plan to beef up IRS auditing by expanding the agency’s funding and power. Biden’s latest proposal would require banks to turn over to the Internal Revenue Service bank account information for all accounts holding more than $600.

“While the stated goal of this vast data collection is to uncover tax dodging by the wealthy, this proposal is not remotely targeted to that purpose or that population,” the letter said. “In addition to the significant privacy concerns, it would create tremendous liability for all affected parties by requiring the collection of financial information for nearly every American without proper explanation of how the IRS will store, protect, and use this enormous trove of personal financial information. We believe that this program is costly for all parties, not fit for purpose, and loaded with potential for unintended and serious negative consequences.”

Democrats to raise cap on Biden’s IRS transaction data proposal
https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-raise- ... 00327.html

The initial proposal was for banks to report all account inflows and outflows of over $600 to the IRS in an effort to crack down on tax cheats and raise revenue for Democrats’ multitrillion-dollar infrastructure and social spending package. Now, House Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal says Democrats have agreed to raise that threshold.

“We’ve reached an agreement to not have the $600,” Neal said Thursday, according to Bloomberg.

Looks like a good way for the democrats to extract money directly from every Americans savings account to pay for all their give away programs...... :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:03 pm

HONDO74 wrote:IRS would track all bank transactions over $600 under Biden plan; Businesses revolt
https://news.yahoo.com/irs-track-bank-t ... 00522.html

A major component of President Joe Biden’s plan to raise revenue to pay for his trillions of dollars in new federal spending is now under fire from trade associations across the country.

They already track everything over $10k; since that's a known threshold, lots of dubious transactions creep up to the number, but stay below it to conceal fraud. And, there's lots of fraud and unreported income that gets moved about w/o taxes being paid. Sad thing, $600 is far too low and will only hit trivial fraud that's pennies instead of hitting the big guys. And, I have little belief that they possess the real capabilities to actually capture and analyze what will be a huge amount of data, not possess the man power required. Maybe I can get a position as a rehired annuitant, :wink: :wink:

Looks like a good way for the democrats to extract money directly from every Americans savings account to pay for all their give away programs...... :wink:

Not really, but if you're making fraudulent deposits and/or laundering cash it just might find those people. I'm actually sort of surprised that the repubs did not dream this up 1st since they tend to want to screw over the middle and lower class with increasing regularity.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:43 am

From the BBC

Afghanistan: Biden was advised to keep 2,500 troops, say generals
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58719834

Two top US generals have said they recommended keeping a force of 2,500 troops in Afghanistan, ahead of the full US withdrawal in August.

Testimony by Gen Mark Milley and Gen Frank McKenzie to Congress seemed to contradict President Joe Biden, who said he did not recall any such advice.

The Taliban took power in August, after rapidly advancing through the country.

Gen Milley said the US had been taken by surprise by the speed of the Afghan government's collapse.

The two US generals were questioned by the Senate armed services committee along with Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin on Tuesday.

The hearing comes weeks after a chaotic withdrawal at Kabul airport as foreign powers sought to get their citizens home and thousands of desperate Afghans begged for rescue.

Gen McKenzie, who as head of US Central Command oversaw the withdrawal from Afghanistan, said under questioning from Republican senators that he recommended keeping a small force of 2,500 troops in Afghanistan.

This appears to contradict President Joe Biden's assertion to an ABC journalist on 19 August that he did not recall anyone giving him such advice.

Gen Milley said that he agreed with the recommendation, but when asked by Alaska Republican Dan Sullivan whether Mr Biden's comments were "a false statement", he refused to give a direct answer.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:07 am

Biden's not only illegitimate but a lier too.

Neil

Postby Neil » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:16 am

As opposed to, say, Trump, who was a legitimate fascist right wing revolutionary and a liar?
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:49 am

Neil wrote:As opposed to, say, Trump, who was a legitimate fascist right wing revolutionary and a liar?

Not just a liar, but according to Ted Cruz a pathological liar, and also one that set a record for lying as a president by exceeding the 4 year count of any other president in his 1st year. I guess that might be his top achievement.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:58 am

"I fear the president is delusional,"

Milley calls war in Afghanistan a 'strategic failure' for US, warns Taliban 'remain a terrorist organization
Top generals assessed need for 2,500 American troops in Afghanistan despite Biden claiming no one told him

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley called the war in Afghanistan a "strategic failure" for the United States during testimony before the House Armed Services Committee Wednesday, warning that the Taliban "remain a terrorist organization" and maintain ties with al Qaeda.

Milley made the comments testifying alongside Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and head of U.S. Central Command Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie for their second day of questions from lawmakers about the U.S. withdrawal of military assets from Afghanistan.

"The Taliban was and remain a terrorist organization and they still have not broken ties with al Qaeda," Milley testified. "I have no illusions who we are dealing with."

He added: again that the Taliban "have not broken with al Qaeda."

Milley's testimony came after he and McKenzie on Tuesday at the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing said they assessed that the U.S. should maintain a presence of at least 2,500 troops in Afghanistan, despite President Biden's claims to the contrary.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:29 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Neil wrote:As opposed to, say, Trump, who was a legitimate fascist right wing revolutionary and a liar?

Not just a liar, but according to Ted Cruz a pathological liar, and also one that set a record for lying as a president by exceeding the 4 year count of any other president in his 1st year. I guess that might be his top achievement.

The brightest minds on the forum keeping track of Trumps lies :lol: Telling :lol:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:12 pm

gregj410 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

The brightest minds on the forum keeping track of Trumps lies :lol: Telling :lol:

Its Called Trump derangement syndrome. I would have thought by now that the 2 vaccine shots would have built up his immune system to subdue it. :lol: :lol: :lol: progressive liberals call it the trump virus. :mrgreen:

Neil

Postby Neil » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:49 pm

Nothing deranged about pointing out the dangers Trump posed or poses in future to the nation. What is deranged is that only 60% of Republicans have been vaccinated and a majority of them believe that the election was stolen. That is the beginnings of a fascist, insane political party.
Neil

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”