Has President Trump

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Re: Has President Trump

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:51 pm

HONDO74 wrote:...

Question. does taking biology or other related science classes in college qualify a person to be an expert....

Wisdom is the goal.

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:42 pm

For pandemic decisions helps to have training at the doctoral and postdoctoral levels in infectious diseases and epidemiology, and understand healthcare systems.
Neil

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:12 pm

understand healthcare systems.[/quote]
Who can do that?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Neil

Postby Neil » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:07 am

Professionals who work in them have a better shot at understanding them than lay folk.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:40 am

Neil wrote:Professionals who work in them have a better shot at understanding them than lay folk.

It might be better to have somebody the can just get things done. Instead of somebody doing it the same old way. In Philly they cut ties with a guy that did vaccinations. the main reason is starting to trickle out " he had no knowledge of health care " yet he still got vaccines in arms. :roll:
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:41 am

Neil wrote:Professionals who work in them have a better shot at understanding them than lay folk.

Generally true, but that same environment has generated a culture of impedance of change and silo building. My better 1/2's experience in that area resulted in her total disillusionment with healthcare system and the "professionals" that inhabit them; sadly her experience also indicated that the MD's were the worse part of it as they saw this all as an opportunity to develop & expand fiefdoms of personal power rather than do anything else.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Neil

Postby Neil » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:13 am

Bureaucracies suck in many ways, as do long established hierarachies. Human beings being human. That said, if you're trying to deal with a pandemic, alienating all of the professionals with expertise, as Cuomo has apparently done is not a good sign. If he were some kind of genius, maybe. But that's not usually the case. It's not a question of the experts always being right as it is being a question that you don't want to make decisions in a vacuum with no expertise of your own.
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:15 am

Neil wrote:..........you don't want to make decisions in a vacuum with no expertise of your own.

Oh dear, no one would ever, ever, do that would they? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:51 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:In the News:
Trump's entire legal team quit him.
Aw.

Aw. Real shame that was

NJPiney

Postby NJPiney » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:45 pm

It's a disturbing observation on our society that so many consider knowledge a vice and ignorance a virtue.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:07 am

NJPiney wrote:It's a disturbing observation on our society that so many consider knowledge a vice and ignorance a virtue.

And trump bears witness to that statement. I suppose being devoid of empathy can do that to an already overly enlarged ego. Judgement gets warped, as a result, huh.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:27 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
NJPiney wrote:It's a disturbing observation on our society that so many consider knowledge a vice and ignorance a virtue.

And trump bears witness to that statement. I suppose being devoid of empathy can do that to an already overly enlarged ego. Judgement gets warped, as a result, huh.

As much as i don't believe . He told people to to storm the capitol. I feel he could has said more to stop them. They man not have stopped .

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:32 am

Huh? (!)

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:55 am

I should have my glasses on. "They may not have stopped". If he said to. So many thing were left on the table. When it comes to him being presidential in appearance. He could have pushed his wife to read to children in school or teach then to count to 20 in yugo. Maybe some kind of push to shoe every child. Use basketball players and sneaker companies to donate quality shoes to children. With Melania a the spokes person. That would have thrown a monkey wrench into the NBA. Imagine Trump's wife asking the NBA players to donate to shoe the children.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:42 am

robert. wrote:the NBA players to donate to shoe the children.

Actually, they might have been doing that for years as well as making a lot of other donations all over the country.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”