vaccine

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: vaccine

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:19 pm

I wonder gow this will work out for pharmaceutical companies ??

Senators to Biden: Waive vaccine intellectual property rules
https://www.ky3.com/2021/04/16/senators ... rty-rules/

WASHINGTON (AP) — Ten liberal senators are urging President Joe Biden to back India and South Africa’s appeal to the World Trade Organization to temporarily relax intellectual property rules so coronavirus vaccines can be manufactured by nations that are struggling to inoculate their populations.

The lawmakers, in a letter delivered to the White House on Thursday evening, wrote that Biden should “prioritize people over pharmaceutical company profits” and support the temporary waiver of the rules. A waiver could pave the way for generic or other manufacturers to make more vaccines.

The letter was led by independent Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, along with Democratic Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin and Sherrod Brown of Ohio. Democratic Sens. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut, Chris Murphy of Connecticut, Edward Markey of Massachusetts, Jeff Merkley of Oregon, Chris Van Hollen of Maryland and Raphael Warnock of Georgia also signed the letter.

“Simply put, we must make vaccines, testing, and treatments accessible everywhere if we are going to crush the virus anywhere,” the lawmakers say in the letter, which was obtained by The Associated Press.

Opponents, including pharmaceutical companies, worry that it would set dangerous precedent in allowing scientists around the globe to copy American and European companies’ research — some of which was funded by the U.S. government — long before patents expire. The Trump administration had opposed calls for the waiver.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment on the lawmakers’ letter.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:13 pm

How does a USA patent stretch to Africa? Can't they reproduce it and say come to Africa and sue us?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 pm

Pfizer confirms fake COVID vaccines found in Mexico, Poland black markets
'Pfizer has identified counterfeit versions of its COVID-19 vaccine in Mexico and Poland,' company said

https://www.foxnews.com/world/pfizer-co ... ck-markets

Bogus COVID-19 vaccines – some selling for $1,000 a shot and using an anti-wrinkle substance as an ingredient – were found in black markets around the world, Pfizer confirmed to The Wall Street Journal.

"Pfizer has identified counterfeit versions of its COVID-19 vaccine in Mexico and Poland," the company said in a statement. "We are cognizant that in this type of environment – fueled by the ease and convenience of e-commerce and anonymity afforded by the internet – there will be an increase in the prevalence of fraud, counterfeit and other illicit activity as it relates to vaccines and treatments for COVID-19."

Six people were detained in Mexico during a February police raid at a clinic after about 80 people paid $1,000 for a fake Pfizer dose from vials with fraudulent labels kept in beer coolers.

The New York-based pharmaceutical giant ascertained the vaccine’s fraudulence with microscopic tools and special light.

There were no reports of physical harm from the people who were administered shots.

"People were injected with distilled water," a health secretary told the newspaper.

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:10 am

Hard to keep a crooked person from doing what they do best. What a world we live it. :shock:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:12 am

Got my 2nd dose yesterday; arm feels like I've been hit by a 2x4.........
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:30 am

Got our 2nd Pfizers yesterday as well and arm is a little sore. Didn't notice it until I got down on the floor with the grandkids last night and laid on that side..yes it was sore.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:37 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Got my 2nd dose yesterday; arm feels like I've been hit by a 2x4.........

I had the same type of thing happen and could not use it much for a month.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:26 am

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Got my 2nd dose yesterday; arm feels like I've been hit by a 2x4.........

I had the same type of thing happen and could not use it much for a month.

I can use it but it's painful.......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:51 am

Had my second Pfizer on Wednesday. Haven't noticed any pain at/near the injection site. Might be there, but everything else hurts so much I haven't noticed! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

up148

Postby up148 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:07 pm

That is so true Rich. I have lower back and joint pain everyday when I get up, but generally goes away in an hour. Today, everything hurting and not going away. Hopeful tomorrow is a better day.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:58 pm

This segment of the vaccine thread sponsored by the AARP :lol:

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:51 pm

gregj410 wrote:This segment of the vaccine thread sponsored by the AARP :lol:

They would probably be happy if we all signed up.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:41 pm

gregj410 wrote:This segment of the vaccine thread sponsored by the AARP :lol:

Bingo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MartyE

Postby MartyE » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:29 am

My first stab left me lethargic for about 4 days. Stab 2 is in 2 weeks on a Thursday. I took Friday off anticipating it to be a little worse from what others have told me.

As DAs as AARP, I’ve been saving a decent penny on hotel rooms for York so don’t knock it. Lol.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
MartyE.com and KodiakJunction.com Home to Kodiak Junction U.S.A.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:26 am

I’ve been saving a decent penny on hotel rooms for York so don’t knock it. Lol.

Yep, just ribbing you guys. I think I’m at the younger end of the spectrum here. However I never expected to be a grand father at 52. I should be receiving AARP membership applications any time now :lol:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”