vaccine

Play nice and have fun...
robert.

Re: vaccine

Postby robert. » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:13 am

http://levittownnow.com/2021/09/10/sher ... BKtyxke_3w
Bucks county sheriff refuses to force vaccine mandate on his deputies.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:08 pm

I"m looking forward to getting my booster shot this fall. I like the freedom I have to be out and about after being shut down last year :wink:

Moderna analysis: Those vaccinated last year twice more likely to get COVID-19 than those jabbed recently
Moderna's research shows that those vaccinated later had fewer breakthrough cases
https://www.foxnews.com/health/analysis ... could-wane

Moderna Inc. has released a set of data which suggested its COVID-19 vaccine is effective in preventing serious health issues or death from "variants of concern" but admitting that efficacy decreases over time, such that those who received the vaccine last year were twice more likely to contract a breakthrough case of the coronavirus disease.

According to the data, which Moderna released Wednesday, a "study shows lower risk of breakthrough infection in participants vaccinated more recently (median 8 months after first dose) than participants vaccinated last year (median 13 months after first dose)."

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:38 pm

HONDO74 wrote:I"m looking forward to getting my booster shot this fall.

Well, let's hope that the FDA approves them.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:17 am

ABC TV is giving it all they got to keep the hysteria going with one quack doctor after another.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:32 pm

Well, from another "quack" doctor (me), the current pace of deaths could yield close to 1.2 million deaths within the next year, dating from the beginning of the pandemic. In other words about 1 in 300 Americans will have died in the first two years of the pandemic. If that's hysteria, perhaps it's just facts about which you are in denial.

There is a lethal pandemic. Trump lost. That’s reality.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:08 pm

A lot of biden supporters don’t buy into the hype either. When they interview minorities in Philadelphia most want no part of the vaccine.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:25 pm

No doubt. Largely due to negative history like the Tuskegee study. Quite unfortunate since inner-city poor people have some of the worst outcomes with COVID-19 infections.
Neil

chuck

Postby chuck » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:57 pm

don’t buy into the hype either

What "hype"? 550,000 dead in the first year, another 100,000 dead in the past 7 months. The really sad part is the last 100,000 didn't have to die. Plus, people are dying in some areas because they can't get emergency treatment for accidents, heart attacks, etc OR they are dying because of cancer treatment or other life saving surgical treatment is being cancelled because the medical facilities are overloaded with serious covid infections that could have been prevented by people getting the vaccine.

Some people would rather risk their lives on livestock dewormer or gargling/drinking betadine (the power skin antiseptic usually used in association with surgery). The levels of stupidity being displayed is appalling. If these idiots were just risking their own lives it would be a self correcting problem but they don't seem to care about the others they are affecting including people that can't take the vaccine because they are too young or they are immunocompromised.

Re vaccine mandates, this was decided by the US Supreme court over 100 years ago in a case involving the 1901 Boston small pox epidemic. After trying to persuade people to get vaccinated (for something like two years) the city mandated that everyone get vaccinated. If you "elected" to not get vaccinated you faced a fine and possibly 15 days in jail. The anti-vax law suit resulted in the following ruling:

In 1905, the U.S. Supreme Court voted seven to two in favor of the state, ruling that although the state could not pass laws requiring vaccination in order to protect an individual, it could do so to protect the public in the case of a dangerous communicable disease.

With a death toll of 550,000 dead in the first year COVID 19 is definitely dangerous and definitely communicable.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:42 am

chuck wrote: The levels of stupidity being displayed is appalling. If these idiots were just risking their own lives it would be a self correcting problem but they don't seem to care about the others they are affecting including people that can't take the vaccine because they are too young or they are immunocompromised.

When people get their information from social media and their friends this is what happens :(

You are right ..The levels of stupidity being displayed is appalling.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:14 am

Another thing that undermines the vaccine. Exempting congress and their staff from vaccine mandates. This is a way to make American people feel the government is screwing them. I can also see many problems if the mandate was pushed on congress and the refused. Forcing 30 percent of the members out would be viewed as a political stunt to remove part of a party. Easy fix.
with our "NEW NORMAL" I would never require elected officials to come to D.C. They can do Zoom voting. Cut down on travel expense. Increase the amount of time they can spend back home dealing with constituents concerns. No reason to ever miss a vote if you do it by zoom. If mail in voting is good for the general population. then zoom should be perfect for congress. This also would make it a little harder for lobbyist to get large groups onboard.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:45 am

Most who died were 85 and had something else wrong with them.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am

robert. wrote: with our "NEW NORMAL" I would never require elected officials to come to D.C. They can do Zoom voting. Cut down on travel expense. Increase the amount of time they can spend back home dealing with constituents concerns. No reason to ever miss a vote if you do it by zoom. If mail in voting is good for the general population. then zoom should be perfect for congress. This also would make it a little harder for lobbyist to get large groups onboard.

I like that idea........ :roll:

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:51 am

HONDO74 wrote:
robert. wrote: with our "NEW NORMAL" I would never require elected officials to come to D.C. They can do Zoom voting. Cut down on travel expense. Increase the amount of time they can spend back home dealing with constituents concerns. No reason to ever miss a vote if you do it by zoom. If mail in voting is good for the general population. then zoom should be perfect for congress. This also would make it a little harder for lobbyist to get large groups onboard.

I like that idea........ :roll:

They (elected officials) should be required to vote on EVERY issue. It's their JOB, for which they are paid VERY well, with BENEFITS above and beyond the average person.

The mail in ballot should NOT be available to ANY voter who is healthy enough to get to the polls, and living where they normally vote. If you can't get off your A$$ and go to the poll to vote, you don't deserve the privilege. Illegal aliens must NOT be allowed to vote! What is it about the word illegal that these A-Holes don't understand?

Neil

Postby Neil » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:12 pm

"Most who died were 85 and had something else wrong with them."

While it is true that most of the deaths are individuals over the age of 50-60 and the mortality rate is much higher amongst older individuals with cancer, diabetes, hypertension, etc., there are also hundreds of young children under 12 who have died, many of whom were perfectly healthy. If you are overweight at any age, your chances of dying are much higher, for one thing. But to say this is a pandemic only affecting the extremely old with other diseases is total nonsense. Many middle aged and young adult patients with minimal to no comorbities are dead, and the hospital ICUs right now are mostly filled with previously healthy, unvaccinated adults who are young to middle aged. Most of the older patients are vaccinated.
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:51 pm

"Most who died were 85 and had something else wrong with them."

People that actually believe this do have something wrong with them.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”