vaccine

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: vaccine

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:54 pm

Got my BOOSTER shot today. Arm hurts like the devil tonight. Didn't hurt or have any problems with the first 2 shots

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:37 pm

Just in time for the Omicron variant that’s gonna kill us all!

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:06 am

HONDO74 wrote:Got my BOOSTER shot today. Arm hurts like the devil tonight. Didn't hurt or have any problems with the first 2 shots

Got mine a couple days ago, same as the first two...zilch.

Pfizer. Which did you get?

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:06 pm

E7 wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:Got my BOOSTER shot today. Arm hurts like the devil tonight. Didn't hurt or have any problems with the first 2 shots

Got mine a couple days ago, same as the first two...zilch.

Pfizer. Which did you get?

All three shots have been Moderna. Also got the flu shot two weeks ago.....

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:22 am

Same, but I got over it. But then a flu shot can do that to me as well. It's good to have a functioning responsive immune system.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:55 am

I have a couple friends who have experienced the same with the Moderna. On the positive side, I have read that there might be other benefits from that vaccine. Had the flu shot a while back. no reaction there either.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu May 19, 2022 6:20 pm

Got my second BOOSTER shot this morning. Arm hurts a little bit like the first booster shot but nothing else

Anyone else getting their second booster shot.....

Neil

Postby Neil » Fri May 20, 2022 1:06 pm

I plan on getting a second booster soon. Would recommend it between now and late summer. Certainly could wait and see if updated vaccines, which are being tested now, are available. While the virus is mutating and immunity is waning, individuals with normal immune systems and 3 shots are unlikely to get seriously ill (hospitalized) and/or die is the best guess at present.
Neil

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat May 21, 2022 2:28 pm

Nice to see you here - I sort of missed your posts. I lost a day after each shot. Pfizer, both initials, both boosters. Just didn't feel like going to the airport, or even drilling holes in locomotive frames.
I hear that some folks with four shots are still getting quite sick, and missing a week of work. At least that's what they say on TV.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 21, 2022 2:51 pm

Most of the hospitalizations and deaths are still in the unvaccinated, with some exceptions for individuals with poor immune systems due to disease (auto-immune, cancer) or treatments (chemotherapy, steroids) who just do not respond to vaccines robustly. That said, if you start to get sick and get treated with the oral anti-viral paxlovid, which is now in good supply, the chances of hospitalization are reduced by about 80-90%. Amongst the vaccinated, while there are certainly individuals who get sick enough so they are in bed for a few days, there's an obvious difference between being sick in your own bed and sick in a hospital bed, much less the ICU or dying. Between vaccination and a few therapeutics (mostly monoclonal antibodies and paxlovid) deaths are way down despite the fact that the virus is still very much present in the population. Interestingly, the flu season is prolonged as well, perhaps due to people abandoning masks and similar public health measures.
Neil

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun May 22, 2022 8:21 pm

Just a second ago I got off the phone with a buddy who had all four Moderna shots. He got the Covid on Friday, and describes it like being hit with a Mack Truck.
Says his MD is reporting a huge up-swing in Covid, and that is on the rather left-leaning California coast, so presumably this is starting to take down even those of us who have double-boosted and are still being sort of careful.

MartyE

Postby MartyE » Tue May 24, 2022 7:47 am

Personally I don't care where anyone stands o the vaccines. Get it, don't get it, it's none of my business.

I have 2 doses and boost. That being said, the most recent cases that I have direct knowledge of either friends or co-workers have been vaccinated and boosted. One case has been double boosted. Out of 8 people 7 were vaccinated, 1 wasn't. They were all very mild cases except one vaxed and boosted. He was down for 2 days.

Just my observation.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
MartyE.com and KodiakJunction.com Home to Kodiak Junction U.S.A.

Neil

Postby Neil » Tue May 24, 2022 8:22 am

If close to 100% of the population had been vaccinated, we probably would be done with the pandemic, so caring about whether people get vaccinated has enormous public health implications and effects on one's personal health. Not getting vaccinated, unless there are medical contraindications, is irresponsible and anti-social, not to mention plain old stupid.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue May 24, 2022 10:45 am

I’n willing to bet a bunch of pages back. That you said “ the vaccine only prevents death and serious illness “ now your saying “ 100 percent vaccine rate and we won’t be dealing with covid” it’s ok to change your mind. Especially in an evolving situation. Will 100 percent vaccine rate stop the transmission between vaccinated people. At 60 percent vaccinated people are spreading it to others vaccinated. I feel the bottom line is. Covid will be here for ever!
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Neil

Postby Neil » Tue May 24, 2022 10:55 am

"Will 100 percent vaccine rate stop the transmission between vaccinated people. At 60 percent vaccinated people are spreading it to others vaccinated. I feel the bottom line is. Covid will be here for ever!"

That's true, but it's entirely possible that at 100% vaccination, as we have for pertussis, measles and polio we'd be done with COVID as a disease, just as we are done with pertussis, measles and polio, pretty much. But it's not happening thanks to the idiots amongst us, and those counter-productively believing that their liberties require them to object to mandatory vaccination.

Would we still have asymptomatic and mild infections with 100% vaccination? No one knows, but I suspect we wouldn't be having enough cases to worry about. Same may be true of influenza. But 60% vaccination doesn't make much difference except for the vaccinated, and doesn't let us make predictions about 100% vaccination, and what it would yield. But our experience with respiratory diseases like pertussis and measles give me optimism that 100% vaccination would lead to eradication of COVID, or close to that. Thanks to political nitwits and dimwits amongst us, we'll never likely know. Perhaps other countries will be wiser and more responsible, and we'll find out.
Neil

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”