vaccine

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: vaccine

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:39 am

gregj410 wrote:
I’ve been saving a decent penny on hotel rooms for York so don’t knock it. Lol.

Yep, just ribbing you guys. I think I’m at the younger end of the spectrum here. However I never expected to be a grand father at 52. I should be receiving AARP membership applications any time now :lol:

Strangely enough, there is no minimum age requirement to join AARP.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:03 am

gregj410 wrote:
I’ve been saving a decent penny on hotel rooms for York so don’t knock it. Lol.

Yep, just ribbing you guys. I think I’m at the younger end of the spectrum here. However I never expected to be a grand father at 52. I should be receiving AARP membership applications any time now :lol:

Once you are on medicare they will be after you so they can manage your medicare account. along with many others. :wink:

up148

Postby up148 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:20 pm

Once you are on medicare they will be after you so they can manage your medicare account. along with many others. :wink:

Yeah, like everything in your life. Very invasive organization, but we just what we need and ignore the rest.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:19 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Strangely enough, there is no minimum age requirement to join AARP.

There is no minimum age on retiring.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:32 pm

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Strangely enough, there is no minimum age requirement to join AARP.

Also true, but far too many cannot afford to retire.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:

Also true, but far too many cannot afford to retire.

That was my dilemma for years......and I may have done it to soon as it is!

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:44 pm

CVS, Walgreens have wasted more vaccine doses than most states combined
https://news.yahoo.com/national-pharmac ... 10241.html

Two national pharmacy chains that the federal government entrusted to inoculate people against Covid-19 account for the lion's share of wasted vaccine doses, according to government data obtained by Kaiser Health News.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded 182,874 wasted doses as of late March, three months into the country's effort to vaccinate the masses against the coronavirus. CVS was responsible for nearly half, and Walgreens was responsible for 21 percent, or nearly 128,500 wasted shots combined.

CDC data suggest that the companies have wasted more doses than states, U.S. territories and federal agencies combined. Pfizer's vaccine, which in December was the first to be deployed and initially required storage at ultracold temperatures, made up nearly 60 percent of the tossed doses.

up148

Postby up148 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:51 pm

Wasting is one bad thing, but using old expired vaccine would be even worse. I wonder if these wasting pharmacies have to pay for what is wasted or if they are paid so much per inoculation and the waste isn't counted against them.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon May 03, 2021 3:36 pm

up148 wrote:Wasting is one bad thing, but using old expired vaccine would be even worse. I wonder if these wasting pharmacies have to pay for what is wasted or if they are paid so much per inoculation and the waste isn't counted against them.

Wasting is what this country does best.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon May 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
up148 wrote:Wasting is one bad thing, but using old expired vaccine would be even worse. I wonder if these wasting pharmacies have to pay for what is wasted or if they are paid so much per inoculation and the waste isn't counted against them.

Yes and we are probably all part of the process.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon May 03, 2021 6:16 pm

It may not all be on the pharmacy. What if 100 people schedule and only 80 show. 20 jabs go wasted. Philly's news has shown FEMA begging people to come in and have a shot before it goes to waste. Around 9pm nightly they walk the streets in front of the convention center. Asking people. Have you had your first? Would you like one now. If you had your first . When and what brand? Would you like your second now? If you fall into the parameters. Most of the clinics around me now look like a ghost town.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon May 03, 2021 6:35 pm

robert. wrote:

It may not all be on the pharmacy. What if 100 people schedule and only 80 show. 20 jabs go wasted.

Sadly, this is happening all over. One of the reasons that a lot of site are now walk in for anyone

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon May 03, 2021 6:36 pm

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Yes and we are probably all part of the process.

At some level, probably true. We try but there's only so much an individual can do.

E7

Postby E7 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:46 pm

Easy to point the finger and criticize. What are the logistics involved in dispensing the vaccine? How much of the problem is A-holes who sign up and don't show? How long does it take to ready vaccines like the Pfizer that need to be stored under extreme conditions? Maybe these people who are doling out all the criticism should put some effort toward solving those problems. How about a fine for scheduling,and then not showing up.

NJPiney

Postby NJPiney » Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 pm

E7 wrote:Easy to point the finger and criticize. What are the logistics involved in dispensing the vaccine? How much of the problem is A-holes who sign up and don't show? How long does it take to ready vaccines like the Pfizer that need to be stored under extreme conditions? Maybe these people who are doling out all the criticism should put some effort toward solving those problems. How about a fine for scheduling,and then not showing up.

Yep, that's about it. My experience has been that the less people know about something, the more confident and vocal their opinions are.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”