vaccine

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: vaccine

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:51 pm

Black Lives Matter leader calls Bill de Blasio's vaccine mandate 'modern day freedom papers'
Newsome says the organization plans to 'demonstrate' until the NYC vaccine mandate is 'abolished'

A leader within the Greater New York chapter of the Black Lives Matter movement is chastising New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio over a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and vaccine passport process for residents, equating it to "modern day freedom papers."

Chivona Newsome, a co-founder of Black Lives Matter Greater NY who also ran as a candidate for New York’s 15th Congressional District in 2020, spoke out against the "racist" mandate in a statement.

"Although Mayor Bill De Blasio ran on progressives values, nothing in his tenure will attest to his campaign promises," Newsome said. "The September 13th vaccine mandate is racist and specifically targets Black New Yorkers. The vaccination passports are modern day Freedom Papers, which limit the free will of Black people."

Newsome also accused De Blasio of failing "to protect New York’s most vulnerable" throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, adding that the "social distancing and mask requirements resulted in Black New Yorkers being brutalized and arrested while their White neighbors received masks and refreshments."

"The vaccination mandates infringe upon the civil liberties of the Black community," Newsome claimed. "It’s more than where we can dine or enjoy entertainment, it will result in loss of income. As of Monday, September 27, Black healthcare workers and educators will lose their jobs."

According to Newsome, De Blasio was "fully aware of the hesitancy and distrust people of African descent have about vaccination and their interactions with government and law enforcement," yet he still "chose to disenfranchise and force the very people who elected him into poverty and second class citizenship."

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:46 am

Such idiots are a root cause to the decline and fall of this country......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:00 am

Guess this genius never heard of lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness. Get vaccinated and avoid illness and dying.
Neil

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:29 am

Thousands of NYC teachers haven’t been vaxxed. What — they’re all Trump supporters? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://nypost.com/2021/09/24/thousands ... upporters/

What’s up with New York City teachers not getting vaxxed? The Department of Education said that, as of Tuesday, 13 percent of them — some 10,100 teachers — still lacked even a single shot, which they’re required to get by Monday.

That number works out to one out of every eight teachers, or an average of roughly six for each of the city’s 1,600 schools, though by Thursday the teachers union was claiming only about 8,000 lack jabs. And it doesn’t count another 18,000 other school staffers (janitors, food-service workers, etc.) who also had yet to be jabbed.

Thousands of health-care workers also failed to get their first doses, posing potential shortages.

Surely these people can’t all be seeking religious or medical exemptions. (A teachers union source tells The Post that only a small number of requests for accommodations are being granted, in any event.)

(By the way: Does anyone really think New York City teachers and health-care workers are “deplorable” right-wingers and Trump supporters who, according to the left, make up most of the nation’s anti-vax holdouts? Ha!)

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:04 am

HONDO74 wrote:Thousands of NYC teachers haven’t been vaxxed.

Teachers Unions....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty much defines the source of the failure to educate.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

chuck

Postby chuck » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:48 pm

13 percent of them — some 10,100 teachers — still lacked even a single shot, which they’re required to get by Monday.

That means that 87% are vaccinated? Not as good a headline? That's still way more than the population in general which is at about 60-65%.

I have no idea why people are behaving so stupidly. This doesn't appear to be strictly along party lines. I can tell you the virus doesn't care. The longer people jerk around about getting the vaccine the longer it will take to reach herd immunity if that is even possible now. It's not going away UNITL it can no longer find hosts to infect.

I find the most astounding thing about the pandemic is the level of widespread stupidity. People relying on Facebook for everything but entertainment (which is all it was really good for). People watching and swallowing hook line and sinker YouTube videos about off grid living posted by people that are anything but off the grid (how could they capture, edit, post without it?). The Arizona fraudit that found more votes for Biden than the original counts? Political leaders that are doing anything but leading because they are afraid of the mobs they have created?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhvDMhrws1o

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I was at the market today. There were shortages of the sale items (sales began on Wednesday) but I wasn't that interested in most of those items anyway. Kroger has started putting Quarter codes on the sale flags so you can access any coupons you missed and still get the discount (sometimes up to 50%). The store wasn't too crowded per se but a) about 60% of the customers were unmasked in spite of the PA system warning people about delta variant and asking that they mask up. b) Store employees were masked (because they had to). Issues with stocking are not always local to the store or region. There is a shortage of long haul truck drivers so stuff isn't making it to the distribution centers. Amazon doesn't seem to have much issues with getting and delivering stuff.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:27 pm

Anazon is short on workers. They recently dropped doing drug test on new employees.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Long haul drivers are a dying breed. You need a special truck to enter California. You’re pushed hard by deadlines and now you need an electronic logbook. Your cellphone interacts with your trucks computer. After 8 hours of driving . It will start slowing down your speed. It sends you into outlaw mode. Slowly bringing down your speed . Forcing you to pull over for 8 hours of rest. It keeps a record of your outlaw strikes. It has become difficult for drivers of perishable goods to make a living. Traffic had only added to their nightmares. I went to Salem Ma. This week. It should have been a 6 hour trip. It took 10.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:21 pm

Fuel supply: UK suspends competition law to get petrol to forecourts
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58701620

The government is to suspend competition law to allow oil firms to target fuel deliveries at petrol stations following recent panic buying.

Officials said the move would make it easier for companies to share information and prioritise parts of the country most at need.

It follows days of long queues at the pumps after fears of disruption to the fuel supply sparked panic buying.

Ministers are also considering deploying the Army to deliver fuel.

The option is under discussion, and could be discussed at a possible cabinet meeting on Monday.

The Petrol Retailers Association has warned that as many as two-thirds of its membership of nearly 5,500 independent outlets are out of fuel, with the rest of them "partly dry and running out soon".

Announcing the measure to exempt the oil industry from the Competition Act 1998, Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng said the government had "long-standing" contingency plans in place to maintain fuel supplies.

"While there has always been and continues to be plenty of fuel at refineries and terminals, we are aware that there have been some issues with supply chains.

"This is why we will enact the Downstream Oil Protocol to ensure industry can share vital information and work together more effectively to ensure disruption is minimised.

"We thank HGV drivers and all forecourt staff for their tireless work during this period."

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:03 pm

Washington Post
Staten Island crowd defies vaccine mandate by storming mall food court, video shows
https://news.yahoo.com/staten-island-cr ... 17433.html

Paulina Villegas
Sun, September 26, 2021, 10:20 PM

As customers enjoyed their Saturday afternoon at Staten Island Mall and prepared to enjoy their meals, a raucous, maskless crowd of dozens opposing New York City's indoor vaccination mandate stormed into the mall while chanting, "U-S-A!"

Their goal: to eat at the food court without showing proof of vaccination.

Although people are not required to show proof of vaccination or wear masks inside the mall, they do need to show proof of immunization to eat at the food court. Some chanted, "My body, my choice,"

QUOTE. "My body, my choice,"
where have we heard that before...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:55 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Although people are not required to show proof of vaccination or wear masks inside the mall, they do need to show proof of immunization to eat at the food court. Some chanted, "My body, my choice,"

QUOTE. "My body, my choice,"
where have we heard that before...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

See how much you can conflate together to get your giggles while you can.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:06 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
See how much you can conflate together to get your giggles while you can.

Next on FDA’s agenda: Booster shots of Moderna, J&J vaccines
https://www.ky3.com/2021/10/12/next-fda ... -vaccines/

WASHINGTON (AP) — With many Americans who got Pfizer vaccinations already rolling up their sleeves for a booster shot, millions of others who received the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine wait anxiously to learn when it’s their turn.

Federal regulators begin tackling that question this week.

On Thursday and Friday, the Food and Drug Administration convenes its independent advisers for the first stage in the process of deciding whether extra doses of the two vaccines should be dispensed and, if so, who should get them and when. The final go-ahead is not expected for at least another week.

After the FDA advisers give their recommendation, the agency itself will make a decision on whether to authorize boosters. Then next week, a panel convened by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will offer more specifics on who should get them. Its decision is subject to approval by the CDC director.
Advertisement

The process is meant to bolster public confidence in the vaccines. But it has already led to conflicts among experts and agencies — and documents the FDA released Tuesday suggest this week’s decisions will be equally difficult.

In one earlier vaccine dispute, the CDC’s advisory panel last month backed Pfizer boosters at the six-month point for older Americans, nursing home residents and people with underlying health problems. But CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky overruled her advisers and decided boosters should also be offered to those with high-risk jobs such as teachers and health care workers, adding tens of millions more Americans to the list.

Some health experts fear the back-and-forth deliberations are muddling the public effort to persuade the unvaccinated to get their first shots. They worry that the talk of boosters will lead people to wrongly doubt the effectiveness of the vaccines in the first place.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:46 pm

That was almost as clear as mud, :lol:

Seems more like a lot of unrealistic expectations melded in with a lack of understanding to assemble another desperate news story.....

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:51 pm

They worry that the talk of boosters will lead people to wrongly doubt the effectiveness of the vaccines in the first place.

That ship has sailed. I know people that got the first shot and aren’t going back. Starting to look like smoke and mirrors

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:33 pm

Interesting! I had a devil of a time getting scheduled for the first shot, which turned out to be Pfizer. One week after I got the first, they opened things up to walk in, no appointment needed! Not eligible for the booster until 10/21, and again have to schedule that one. Wondering if it will be walk in by then. :lol:

I got my shots at CVS, and I go in the store fairly often and see no great "rush" since my first shot, but I still have to schedule my booster. Got a flu shot a few days back on a routine Dr. visit.

I'm pretty well shot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”