In the News

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Re: In the News

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:38 am

gregj410 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:NYC police had his mugshot in the News, this evening - a classic self-absorbed fool, he appeared to me to be.

I'd think you’d cut him a little slack being how he’s s a homeless person of color.

Nope. Not one bit. He should have paid-attention in school, behaved, and gotten a job and worked like the rest of us. He has arms and legs and two eyes. No pity here. Only contempt.

Is that harsh? :mrgreen:
Nope.
It’s fo’ real. :o

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:19 am

If you work you have to get up early in the morning everyday, shave, brush your teeth get dressed and go. Maybe you are facing a really hard job that day, boss is a constant pain in the rear, boss is mad at you for something, you have a million things you need to do. Hot, cold, you don't feel good.
Or lay around in the shade all day.

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:53 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
gregj410 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:NYC police had his mugshot in the News, this evening - a classic self-absorbed fool, he appeared to me to be.

I'd think you’d cut him a little slack being how he’s s a homeless person of color.

Nope. Not one bit. He should have paid-attention in school, behaved, and gotten a job and worked like the rest of us. He has arms and legs and two eyes. No pity here. Only contempt.

Is that harsh? :mrgreen:
Nope.
It’s fo’ real. :o

Agree 100%! We and our laws are way to tolerant of crime and unacceptable social behavior; throw in political correctness and we're in trouble.

Always the possibility he wanted to get thrown in the hoosegow for the holidays. :shock:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:01 pm

v8vega wrote:If you work you have to get up early in the morning everyday, shave, brush your teeth get dressed and go. Maybe you are facing a really hard job that day, boss is a constant pain in the rear, boss is mad at you for something, you have a million things you need to do.

Then you have made a poor life decision somewhere....

Wait. Shave? Haven't done that since '75, :mrgreen:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:13 pm

up148 wrote:...
Always the possibility he wanted to get thrown in the hoosegow for the holidays. :shock:

Now, that's really interesting. I had not thought of that aspect. The News did say he was homeless.
See. That's why I enjoy conversing here. Learning something I had not considered is a treat. I don't really want to see just my own viewpoint; reading the viewpoints of others is edifying, very often. (Siddhartha would agree.)

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:23 pm

He has to. E a nut job in need if mental help. He left Hawaii to live homeless in NYC.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:37 pm

I honestly don’t know how anybody lives like that, homeless, isolated and alone , without anybody who cares and shares .

Even cloistered monks and nuns , though housed in individual cells , still live among and with others, of like-mind, devotion, and commitment, to something larger than themselves.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:59 pm

robert. wrote:He left Hawaii to live homeless in NYC.

And, he got there how? Not like you can walk........

Somehow not unlike most stories, it seems we are missing more than a few facts.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:13 pm

Cost about $1,000 one way.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:55 pm

robert. wrote:Cost about $1,000 one way.

So, a homeless guy had at least that amount for a ticket.....

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:13 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:Cost about $1,000 one way.

So, a homeless guy had at least that amount for a ticket.....

Well if you get to the border safely the Democrats will bus you to a red state safely under the cover of darkness, equipped with everything else you need to get off to a good start, except a vaccine of course. So why would it be so far fetched for a homeless man from Hawaii to get a flight to New York some how? The Democrats are giving everything away so what’s a grand for flight to NY for a homeless guy?

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:59 pm

Maybe his family had money. Who knows? They could have been enabling him his whole life.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:53 pm

robert. wrote:Maybe his family had money. Who knows? They could have been enabling him his whole life.

And, we're back to not having the whole story......

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:08 pm

And in other NEWS...

Jussie Smollett convicted of staging hate crime, lying to cops
The 'Empire' alum, who claimed to be attacked in Chicago in 2019, was found guilty on 5 of 6 charges

The 39-year-old "Empire" alum was charged with six counts of disorderly conduct related to false statements to Chicago police officers in regard to a 2019 hate crime against himself. In 2019, he claimed that two men attacked him due to his skin color and sexual orientation.

Since being accused of staging the attack, Smollett has maintained his innocence and said during his two-day testimony that "there was no hate crime hoax from my standpoint."

Prosecutors, however, argued that Smollett carried out a "dry run" of the attack the day before it occurred in 2019.

Since being accused of staging the attack, Smollett has maintained his innocence and said during his two-day testimony that "there was no hate crime hoax from my standpoint."

Prosecutors, however, argued that Smollett carried out a "dry run" of the attack the day before it occurred in 2019.

Among the surprising claims made in Smollett's testimony was the revelation that the actor received a text from CNN's Don Lemon, supposedly relaying information that the Chicago Police Department didn’t believe Smollett's account of what happened.

The charge is a class 4 felony that carries a prison sentence of up to three years, but experts have said if convicted, Smollett would likely be placed on probation and ordered to perform community service.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:24 pm

I don’t understand why such a trial for disorderly conduct?

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”