In the News

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: In the News

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:27 pm

Is this the new normal. Seems like not a day goes by and this is happening. :(

California Nordstrom ransacked by 80 looters in ski masks with crowbars and weapons: Witness
One witness described the scene outside of the California Nordstrom as, 'like a scene out of a movie'
https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-w ... ers-insane

About 80 looters in ski masks ransacked a Nordstrom location outside of San Francisco, in a scene described by witnesses as "insane" and like something "out of a movie."

"We probably saw 50 to 80 people in ski masks crowbars a bunch of weapons. They were looting the Nordstrom's right here. And I thought they were going to start beating cars. I had to start locking doors lock the front door lock the back door," local PF Chang's manager Brett Barrette told KGO.

"There was a mob of people," Barrette added to CBS SF. "The police were flying in. It was like a scene out of a movie. It was insane."

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:36 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote: I dont agree with traveling to another town and walking around armed during a riot.

Crossing state lines with a weapon that was illegal for him to buy, too. Epitome of a personification of stupidity.

It appears he did not cross a state line with that gun. He kept it in a friend’s house. His friend bought and stored the gun for him. I would imagine it is only a few days away before said friend is charged. Charged with straw purchase.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

up148

Postby up148 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Is this the new normal. Seems like not a day goes by and this is happening. :(

California Nordstrom ransacked by 80 looters in ski masks with crowbars and weapons: Witness
One witness described the scene outside of the California Nordstrom as, 'like a scene out of a movie'
https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-w ... ers-insane

About 80 looters in ski masks ransacked a Nordstrom location outside of San Francisco, in a scene described by witnesses as "insane" and like something "out of a movie."

"We probably saw 50 to 80 people in ski masks crowbars a bunch of weapons. They were looting the Nordstrom's right here. And I thought they were going to start beating cars. I had to start locking doors lock the front door lock the back door," local PF Chang's manager Brett Barrette told KGO.

"There was a mob of people," Barrette added to CBS SF. "The police were flying in. It was like a scene out of a movie. It was insane."

Mob mentality is always insane and stupid. People do things in crowds or groups they would never do themselves. As long as this type behavior is tolerated it will only get worse. We are on a slippery slope.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:29 pm

Is this the Louis Vuitton store that was robbed of a $225,000?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:44 pm

robert. wrote:Is this the Louis Vuitton store that was robbed of a $225,000?

Says Nordstrom at least 3 times. Takes 3 people, not a crowd, to loot a Louis Vuitton store of $225,000
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Says Nordstrom at least 3 times. Takes 3 people, not a crowd, to loot a Louis Vuitton store of $225,000

I don’t know if these are the same or separate incidents. Union Square mall had several stores looted by smash mobs. The LV store being the highest take

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:28 pm

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I don’t know if these are the same or separate incidents. Union Square mall had several stores looted by smash mobs. The LV store being the highest take

Look for the Vuitton on eBay, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:00 pm

No the Vuitton stuff on eBay is fake knockoffs. I’m going to say “ these are separate incidents.”

I have a friend that works for Home Depot. They are not allowed to stop a thief. One day they watched a guy walk out with a cart loaded full of copper pipe. A customer got so angered he called the police. When the cops showed up HD. Refused to press charges. The crook loaded up is pipe and drove off

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:36 pm

robert. wrote:No the Vuitton stuff on eBay is fake knockoffs.

Not as much as you think.

I have a friend that works for Home Depot. They are not allowed to stop a thief

Not true around here - they patrol the HD and Lowes lots here.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:59 pm

Do you see anyone getting arrested? Or just a police car driving through?. I can see police driving through as a deterrent. I was told by my friend "HD. does not want an employee hurt or a thief hurt. They also don't want a discrimination case." "They are told to let the thief walk"

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:41 am

And one can be certain that the criminal ilk knows all about that , keeping up on all the places and weaknesses they can capitalize on, Gahfahbid they simply pay attention in school, actually learn academics, stay out of the way of others learning, and get a real job that EARNS money. Oh, no, it;s way more enjoyable to be an urban terrorist, taking advantage of the system, having the perpetual hand out, and hurting and victimizing others, earning a street degree in street cred. A curse on the whole country.

Was that harsh?

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:00 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:And one can be certain that the criminal ilk knows all about that , keeping up on all the places and weaknesses they can capitalize on, Gahfahbid they simply pay attention in school, actually learn academics, stay out of the way of others learning, and get a real job that EARNS money. Oh, no, it;s way more enjoyable to be an urban terrorist, taking advantage of the system, having the perpetual hand out, and hurting and victimizing others, earning a street degree in street cred. A curse on the whole country.

Was that harsh?

Hardly Murph, just stating what most of us feel or should feel. As I stated previously, until social misbehavior and criminal behavior is dealt with in a more "harsh" fashion, we are in a very precarious position. The mere fact a criminal is allowed to steal from HD and get away with it tells a terrible tail of our legal system. I understand HD doesn't want employees hurt, but not prosecuting after the criminal is stopped by police totally sends out the wrong message and gives the green light to criminals everywhere. We are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tolerant of criminals and misbehavior in this country and our legal systems is to blame. When a victim has to be more concerned about being sued rather than seeking justice, we're screwed.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:13 am

up148 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:And one can be certain that the criminal ilk knows all about that , keeping up on all the places and weaknesses they can capitalize on, Gahfahbid they simply pay attention in school, actually learn academics, stay out of the way of others learning, and get a real job that EARNS money. Oh, no, it;s way more enjoyable to be an urban terrorist, taking advantage of the system, having the perpetual hand out, and hurting and victimizing others, earning a street degree in street cred. A curse on the whole country.

Was that harsh?

Hardly Murph, just stating what most of us feel or should feel. As I stated previously, until social misbehavior and criminal behavior is dealt with in a more "harsh" fashion, we are in a very precarious position. The mere fact a criminal is allowed to steal from HD and get away with it tells a terrible tail of our legal system. I understand HD doesn't want employees hurt, but not prosecuting after the criminal is stopped by police totally sends out the wrong message and gives the green light to criminals everywhere. We are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tolerant of criminals and misbehavior in this country and our legal systems is to blame. When a victim has to be more concerned about being sued rather than seeking justice, we're screwed.

WE'RE SCREWED...... :mrgreen:

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:20 am

.....our legal systems is to blame

No....Democrats are to blame.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:22 am

"When a victim has to be more concerned about being sued rather than seeking justice, we're screwed." My friend the HD employee told me " HD. is worried that the person will sue them. what the the thief is really not a thief? Let's say. The alleged thief scanned everything with their cellphone. using a HD app. you can then pay with cash app. Their items are now paid for but not at a checkout counter. HD does not want to profile people that may only look as they did not pay." Yes in most cases the victim does not want to get sued or the bad media coverage. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: This is all just hearsay from a friend that works in HD Albany NY. store.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”