In the News

Play nice and have fun...
rogruth

Re: In the News

Postby rogruth » Mon May 03, 2021 1:35 pm

up148 wrote:We have more issues than color in this country and who cares about majorities.

What I see, is we seem to be living in a "Women's World" and have been for a decade or more. Even the newer cartoons I watch with my young Grand kids show mostly female characters and the males are made to look incompetent. The females are always saving the day and level headed, while the dads and males are just fools.

Also, many of the non-animated young persons shows, have the kids with the brains and adults are just stupid. Kids are always sneaking around and or out thinking their parents on every point.

TV has really come into it's own for indoctrinating young minds.

I agree but you left out that commercials are doing the same.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon May 03, 2021 1:43 pm

up148 wrote:TV has really come into it's own for indoctrinating young minds.

I've been hearing that about TV since the late 50's............and it hasn't changed. What has changed is the generation saying it.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon May 03, 2021 1:49 pm

Honeymooner’s showed males as dumb
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:06 pm

E7 wrote:Look up "paper bag test" on Google.

I never heard that one before . :o

Brown Paper Bag Test
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Paper_Bag_Test

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon May 03, 2021 3:46 pm

HONDO74 wrote:I never heard that one before .

I'm sorry that I have now.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:24 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:I never heard that one before .

I'm sorry that I have now.

Why? It's an interesting concept that a group that sees a great deal of discrimination of that ilk, would in turn practice the same thing among their own numbers. It's a really perverse part of human nature.

The "paper bag test" has been around for years. Not sure, but it may have originated in LA.

Not LA in CA, but LA the state. It existed within the Krewes involved in Mardi Gras. What the current "status" is, I have no clue, not having ever been to Naw'lins.

up148

Postby up148 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:29 am

Most countries in the world have discrimination due to skin color in one form or another. India and Africa consider colors that are either darker or lighter to be inferior. Russia, China and SA have prejudices due to shades of colors as well. People have always been color prejudice around the world and unless/until everyone becomes the same color,with no different shades, it will continue...........human nature.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue May 04, 2021 11:12 am

up148 wrote:Most countries in the world have discrimination due to skin color in one form or another. India and Africa consider colors that are either darker or lighter to be inferior. Russia, China and SA have prejudices due to shades of colors as well. People have always been color prejudice around the world and unless/until everyone becomes the same color,with no different shades, it will continue...........human nature.

Indeed; someday humanity will grow up.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed May 05, 2021 5:49 am

Perhaps. some of the time, historically, a minority within a minority has such a propensity for violent behavior, seeming to enjoy it to the point of having adopted it as a vocation in life, that such anti-social activity self-bestows a negative reputation upon a whole race or ethnicity,

I can think of numerous neighborhoods within the Northeast USA, for example, where takng a walk through it , daytime or nighttime, would be asking for certain victimization.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:02 am

https://youtu.be/2XKkuf2qLKc

.....probably not in the news because it would expose the libs for who they really are.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Wed May 05, 2021 12:25 pm

gregj410 wrote:https://youtu.be/2XKkuf2qLKc

.....probably not in the news because it would expose the libs for who they really are.

If that lady on that video is really a teacher I am glad that I NEVER in my experience knew one like her.
My son was in the Navy and law enforcement and never murdered anyone. My youngest daughter has
taught for 33 years and does not feel like that lady.
This is or should be embarrassing to teachers.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

up148

Postby up148 » Wed May 05, 2021 1:41 pm

We have a lot of people who feel entitled and think they can treat people in authority any way they want, because of the current pathetic political correctness protects their bad behavior.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 05, 2021 1:49 pm

up148 wrote:We have a lot of people who feel entitled and think they can treat people in authority any way they want.

You put the period in the wrong place. It's a lot simpler.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed May 05, 2021 2:04 pm

That’s some funny sheet. She lucky not to be fired.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Wed May 05, 2021 2:44 pm

Awwwww she's such a sweet lady. Maybe they could tack on resisting arrest or at least MAX out her fine.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”