In the News

Play nice and have fun...
Mitch

Re: In the News

Postby Mitch » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:58 pm

robert. wrote:The Earth can’t handle the population. We have 3 billion to many.

If we could get rid of China, India, and Pakistan, we'd be in pretty good shape! :lol:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:30 am

Watching a recently filmed nature program and it said that India has 3 billion people and only 2.4% of the land mass (30-40% of world population on 2.4% of the land mass). I looked it up and it's true. These are the countries starving and yet growing at an exponential rate. I don't see and end to it, except a world that will be even a bigger mess than today.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:54 am

up148 wrote:Watching a recently filmed nature program and it said that India has 3 billion people and only 2.4% of the land mass (30-40% of world population on 2.4% of the land mass). I looked it up and it's true. These are the countries starving and yet growing at an exponential rate. I don't see and end to it, except a world that will be even a bigger mess than today.

The UN estimates that China currently has 1.426 billion people, while India has 1.412 billion.

The current population of Africa is 1,406,324,265 Africa population is equivalent to 16.72% of the total world population.

the U.S. Census Bureau projects the United States population will be 332,403,650 on Jan. 1, 2022. This represents a 0.21% increase in population or an additional 706,899 people since New Year's Day 2021.

Food and Water will be the biggest item on the agenda to sustain the world population.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:25 pm

HONDO74 wrote:the U.S. Census Bureau projects the United States population will be 332,403,650 on Jan. 1, 2022. This represents a 0.21% increase in population or an additional 706,899 people since New Year's Day 2021.

We blew those figures away long ago. Border Patrol and ICE say on average 240,000 per month have entered every month since Jan. 1, 2022. Not to mention approximately 40,000 monthly got-aways! We're on target for more than 2 million known illegals this year, and God knows how many unknowns.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:25 pm

Los Angeles city spent 588 million and years to build a new 6th street bridge, its a beautiful big viaduct. Now for several nights police have had to close it for a few hours as kids climb the towers, do burnouts, street takeovers and spin donuts. One guy wrecked his Charger and left it behind.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:18 pm

This is actually kind of amusing. Mexicans complaining about Americans moving to Mexico and they speak English :lol:

Mexico City residents angered by influx of Americans speaking English, gentrifying area: report
Mexico is home to 1.6 million Americans, according to the State Department
https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexico-ci ... rea-report

An influx of Californians and other Americans has made its way to Mexico City, angering some locals who say they are gentrifying the area, according to a report.

The Los Angeles Times report on Wednesday outlined how some Mexican locals are "fed up" with the growing number of Americans, many from California, moving to and visiting the country, which has contributed to a rise in rent and a shift from Spanish to English in some places.

"New to the city? Working remotely?" Fliers popping up around Mexico City reportedly said. "You’re a f—ing plague and the locals f—ing hate you. Leave."

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:56 pm

They're pissed off about all those English signs in aisles of Lowe's and Home Depot!

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:40 am

E7 wrote:They're pissed off about all those English signs in aisles of Lowe's and Home Depot!

Must be learning from Quebec.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:57 am

Been a strange couple of days...in the news.

Ferry crashed, 2 cars still trapped in mangled metal:
https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/ferr ... -1.6006507

Liquid Oxygen truck explodes, damages freeway:
https://www.q13fox.com/news/video-shows ... in-seattle

West Seattle bridge STILL not fixed...oh, build it and we won't pay attention to the requirement to re-tension cables....and then it starts cracking. It's been 2-1/2 YEARS and they did not tear it down and start over:
https://www.king5.com/article/news/loca ... 9fb0e43e20

Then the guy flying a 150 and loses oil pressure:

https://westseattleblog.com/2022/07/fol ... -off-alki/
https://www.q13fox.com/news/small-plane ... alki-beach

all with a week's worth of 90's
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:49 am

The Atlantic calls the Rosary an 'extremist symbol'
Atlantic op-ed claimed Rosary has become symbol of religious extremism

https://www.foxnews.com/media/campos-du ... ist-symbol

RACHEL CAMPOS-DUFFY: The first thing that authoritarians try to do is to delegitimize and ban religion because it is an existential threat against the state. And I think that's what you have here, and I think what they're trying to do. And we're seeing more articles like this. This seems comical, but we're seeing more and more articles trying to associate people who are faithful, especially those who adhere to more orthodox or traditional interpretations of faith, as somehow being right-wing extremists, white nationalists, fringe. And I think we ought to be very careful of that. … And we really ought to fight back. We shouldn't just laugh at the silliness of this. We should understand that in this country and around the world, Christianity and faith in general is under attack all over the world. And we should be very protective of our religious liberties and push back against this kind of bigotry against Christians.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:21 am

HONDO74 wrote:RACHEL CAMPOS-DUFFY: The first thing that authoritarians try to do is to delegitimize and ban religion because it is an existential threat against the state. And I think that's what you have here, and I think what they're trying to do. And we're seeing more articles like this. This seems comical, but we're seeing more and more articles trying to associate people who are faithful, especially those who adhere to more orthodox or traditional interpretations of faith, as somehow being right-wing extremists, white nationalists, fringe. And I think we ought to be very careful of that. … And we really ought to fight back. We shouldn't just laugh at the silliness of this. We should understand that in this country and around the world, Christianity and faith in general is under attack all over the world. And we should be very protective of our religious liberties and push back against this kind of bigotry against Christians.

Hilarious.......... :roll:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:34 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:RACHEL CAMPOS-DUFFY: The first thing that authoritarians try to do is to delegitimize and ban religion because it is an existential threat against the state. And I think that's what you have here, and I think what they're trying to do. And we're seeing more articles like this. This seems comical, but we're seeing more and more articles trying to associate people who are faithful, especially those who adhere to more orthodox or traditional interpretations of faith, as somehow being right-wing extremists, white nationalists, fringe. And I think we ought to be very careful of that. … And we really ought to fight back. We shouldn't just laugh at the silliness of this. We should understand that in this country and around the world, Christianity and faith in general is under attack all over the world. And we should be very protective of our religious liberties and push back against this kind of bigotry against Christians.

Hilarious.......... :roll:

The Atlantic calls the Rosary an 'extremist symbol'

Do you find this part Hilarious also..... :wink:

I wonder how Murph feels about it.

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:43 am

I don't think any significant number of liberal leaning citizens think the Rosary is a symbol of religious extremism. Don't believe everything you read :).

When citizens want to define when life "begins" for me, and wave some 19th century papal encyclical in my face, that's religious extremism ;).
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am

HONDO74 wrote:The Atlantic calls the Rosary an 'extremist symbol'

Do you find this part Hilarious also.....

I find the entire premise of the use of religion as a political tool in this country derisively "hilarious" as that defines the level of extreme ignorance embraced by those involved claiming to be "religious", and by "religious" I refer to those that think that they adhere to the tenets of Christianity.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:33 am

HONDO74 wrote:The Atlantic calls the Rosary an 'extremist symbol'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/campos-du ... ist-symbol

RACHEL CAMPOS-DUFFY: The first thing that authoritarians try to do is to delegitimize and ban religion because it is an existential threat against the state. And I think that's what you have here, and I think what they're trying to do. And we're seeing more articles like this. This seems comical, but we're seeing more and more articles trying to associate people who are faithful, especially those who adhere to more orthodox or traditional interpretations of faith, as somehow being right-wing extremists, white nationalists, fringe. And I think we ought to be very careful of that. … And we really ought to fight back. We shouldn't just laugh at the silliness of this. We should understand that in this country and around the world, Christianity and faith in general is under attack all over the world. And we should be very protective of our religious liberties and push back against this kind of bigotry against Christians.

That’s what the left does. Everyone of Dr Monkeypox posts is always ‘extremist’, ‘ right wing nut job’, ‘right wing lunatic’, etc. It’s the left that’s out killing everything and everyone, or molesting kids, killing babies, fanning the flames of racism, etc.

I’d be willing to bet the large majority of the ‘religious zealots’ in this country go off to a sanctuary of some sort worship, pray come home and likely never utter a word about it to anyone.

Quite honestly I’m surprised Dr Monkeypox hasn’t deemed Rufus a ‘religious extremist’ for having a time for church thread that gets posted too every Sunday.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”