In the News

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: In the News

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:31 am

robert. wrote:This is all just hearsay.........

Sounds about right.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Liberal Democrat California passed a law a couple of years ago that you can steal up to $950 worth and nothing happens, you get the equivalant of a traffic ticket.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:12 pm

Thank you, up148 .

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:19 pm

San Francisco
Published 3 hours ago
Back-to-back flash mob lootings in San Francisco area alarming experts
One retired California police officer warned, 'There's no accountability for it anymore'
https://www.foxnews.com/us/repeated-org ... ty-experts

The San Francisco area saw back-to-back flash mobs ransack a Nordstrom and a Louis Vuitton over a 24-hour period, alarming security experts in a city that has already been struggling with rampant smash-and-grab incidents.

"I think what happens now is there's no accountability for it anymore, and the liability for the stores if they try to apprehend these guys. They just stand by and watch," Steve Reed, a retired police officer and the former head of security at Arden Fair Mall, told ABC 10.

Some security experts are pointing to California’s laws that are intended to reduce costs of incarceration as to why there is an increase in such crimes, ABC 10 reported. Shoplifting charges regarding the theft of $950 or less were lowered from felonies to misdemeanors under Proposition 47 in 2014. Stores also often have no-chase policies of shoplifters.

"Some people calculate, 'Hey, you know, I don't want to go over the $950, so let me steal $949 worth of property,'" San Francisco Police Chief William Scott said earlier this year.

"If it's a felony, our officers can take action," he added at the time. "But if it's a misdemeanor, that arrest has to be a private person's arrest. And that makes a difference because they have to be willing to do that."

Other security experts in the area are advising that the best precaution people can take during such incidents is not intervening.

"I cannot overstate the importance of doing that," Hector Alvarez, a corporate security expert with more than 15 years of training, told ABC 10. "Find a way to duck into a corner, get behind something and literally become spam, don't become part of the noise."

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:24 pm

v8vega wrote:Liberal Democrat California passed a law a couple of years ago that you can steal up to $950 worth and nothing happens, you get the equivalant of a traffic ticket.

look at it this way. It cost California $81,000 per prisoner per year. Give a thug a $189.00 fine. They are $80,811 ahead. Sarcasm with a little realism added.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:52 pm

v8vega wrote:Liberal Democrat California passed a law a couple of years ago that you can steal up to $950 worth and nothing happens, you get the equivalant of a traffic ticket.

Well, I guess you could shoot them claiming you were protecting property and then claim self-defense.................
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:10 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Well, I guess you could shoot them claiming you were protecting property and then claim self-defense.................

Not unless they have guns or other weapons and are attacking you. and even then you will be jailed and go through a lengthy trial. Not worth it , Just let them loot and burn the buildings down. Take some wieners and marshmallows with you and enjoy the B B Q. :wink:

When these business are gone or closed up it will come to an end. Maybe.....

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Our laws are ridiculous and until we put some teeth into them this behavior will not only continue, but get worse. Social anarchy is what those in power want to see and guarantees they stay in power.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Based on some of the statements made around here we should probably just look the other way on this little incident. After all he is a poc, but never mind that he has a rap sheet from god knows how far back.

https://youtu.be/DQEWZvgzhpc

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:24 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Letting my imagination wonder (and wander) a bit, I was imagining how different the trial and verdict might have been if he had been an African-American youth. Even considering the initial scene and moments of the shooting, if the bearer and strutter of that gun had been Black, can you imagine the difference? Similarities ? :shock:
Jus’ sayin’ .

Hmmm....I don’t know maybe this case is the exception or at least one you would never see on mainstream media as it doesn’t fit their narrative

https://youtu.be/YQ8m-Re0JT0

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:44 pm

up148 wrote:Our laws are ridiculous ...........

As are the people.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 pm

If you think Rittenhouse was STUPID. How about these two.

Armed Wisconsin father, daughter say they're protecting Rittenhouse protesters
Erick Jordan last week said he was outside Kenosha courthouse to 'protect' speakers after Rittenhouse verdict
https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconsin-fa ... protesters

A Wisconsin father and his teen daughter armed themselves with rifles to "protect" a large group of demonstrators protesting the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha on Sunday.

Erick Jordan and his 16-year-old daughter, Jade, were photographed marching ahead of the protesters as they carried the firearms. Jordan was also pictured carrying a holstered handgun on his hip.

Jordan told the New York Post that he and his daughter "do security for different groups" and were doing a favor for the group of about 75 demonstrators on Sunday.

Jordan had previously made an appearance outside the Kenosha courthouse Friday after jurors found Rittenhouse not guilty on all counts.

"I got a job to do — protect these people. That’s it," said Jordan, referring to speakers at a news conference that was held in the hours after the verdict.

Those look like ASSAULT rifles to me

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:56 pm

The real fools are the ones carrying TV. cameras. Why would you want to be so close to protesters carrying guns? You couldn't pay me enough to go into such a hotbed of stupidity.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

up148

Postby up148 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:21 pm

As stated above "people are ridiculous".

Just what kind of license do you need to "do security" and carry weapons at a protest march? Are they really prepared to shoot someone who interferes with their clients.

up148

Postby up148 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:22 pm

robert. wrote:The real fools are the ones carrying TV. cameras. Why would you want to be so close to protesters carrying guns? You couldn't pay me enough to go into such a hotbed of stupidity.

Beats having a real job. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”