Coronavirus:

Play nice and have fun...
Neil

Re: Coronavirus:

Postby Neil » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:58 am

"I don't remember anyone asking for you advice or opinion."

I must have missed it when someone appointed you moderator Mitch, or your thuggish friends. I don't recall anyone asking for your advice or opinion either. And as far as doing your own research and forming your own opinions, that would be fine if you had any basis for forming an opinion. You clearly don't. Did you even take college level microbiology? Somehow I doubt it. I'll offer you a deal, I won't give advice on automobile repair if you don't offer advice on health care.

As for long term effects of vaccines, there are no long term effects with hundreds of years of experience with existing vaccines. All side effects manifest quite quickly and serious side effects are vanishingly rare. There is absolutely no evidence or scientific reason to think that the coronavirus vaccines will be different. All the BS you rant about is the product of anti-vaxx fanatics and politically motivated nitwits. In God We Trust, but everyone else needs data :). You political wingnuts just have speculation and actual wishful thinking of harm to others, but no data. It's despicable the way the anti-vaxx nutjobs and right wing radicals actually are hoping the vaccine hurts people to support their reprehensible, idiotic, unscientific, anti-social ideas.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:26 am

Wow. A white privilege school.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Neil

Postby Neil » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:29 am

"Wow. A white privilege school."

Our whole society is "white privilege." :). Just ask anyone who isn't white. What else is new?
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:13 pm

robert. wrote:Wow. A white privilege school.

Perhaps you might look up medical schools; acceptance to requirements, odds of acceptance, costs thereof, and debt that most attendees accrue. One of my college room mates did and had to join the Navy to make it financially possible.

In some ways, I made the correct decision to change directs and not to attend medical school; the cost would have broken me and my family. Years later, there were folks that wanted me reconsider.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:39 pm

I sometimes wonder, when I witness “discussions” like this latest one, if they would exist or continue as they have been if we were having a luncheon in-person, together.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:26 pm

No way, Murph! I would have leaped across the table and knocked Neil out cold. It's one of my faults. I can't handle uppity people. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:34 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I sometimes wonder, when I witness “discussions” like this latest one, if they would exist or continue as they have been if we were having a luncheon in-person, together.

I rather doubt it.

Rational discourse along with basic courtesy are both lost components in today's society.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Neil

Postby Neil » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:57 pm

I think Mitch has told us all that we need to know about the kind of man he is. The kind who wind up in prison eventually. I'm sure he'd look good in the free clothing they provide one with there. Free meals and housing too. :lol:

"I can't handle uppity people." Sounds like you can't handle yourself either. By the way, threatening assault is a felony. Just sayin'.
Last edited by Neil on Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:12 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I sometimes wonder, when I witness “discussions” like this latest one, if they would exist or continue as they have been if we were having a luncheon in-person, together.

Food makes everything better. Change your blood sugar change your mood.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:28 pm

robert. wrote:

Food makes everything better. Change your blood sugar change your mood.

I could be mistaken but I believe Neil specializes in human Blood. Maybe he could elaborate on how the blood sugar might affect a persons mood....

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:33 pm

If you think Neil and I would be having a meal together you’re clearly not paying attention. I have a sister, that like Neil always finds it necessary to be poking the bear. I avoid having a meal with her at all costs and she’s my flesh and blood.

Neil

Postby Neil » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:13 pm

"I could be mistaken but I believe Neil specializes in human Blood. Maybe he could elaborate on how the blood sugar might affect a persons mood...."

Low blood sugar can lead to fainting/sweating/unconsciousness. High blood sugar is usually not associated with mood or neurologic findings. Of course, psychotics can have superhuman strength and behave unpredictably regardless of blood sugar.

Somehow I think Robert is being overly optimistic about the likelihood of normal, non-criminal human behavior here :).
Neil

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:28 pm

Neil wrote:I think Mitch has told us all that we need to know about the kind of man he is. The kind who wind up in prison eventually. I'm sure he'd look good in the free clothing they provide one with there. Free meals and housing too. :lol:

"I can't handle uppity people." Sounds like you can't handle yourself either. By the way, threatening assault is a felony. Just sayin'.

When's that gonna happen, Neil? Somehow I've made it 72 plus years with never once being in trouble with the law, (except for a cigar box full of speedin' tickets from my truckin' days). Married goin' on 48 years (shortly, April), own a home, raised 4 kids, held employment 'til retiring a little over a year ago.
You've made an assumption, and as usual, you're wrong again. And who's the one with a complex? I guess you either didn't see the 3 LOLs behind the post, or naturally you ignored it to suit your own agenda. If anybody needs to lighten up it's you!
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Neil

Postby Neil » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:31 pm

Congratulations on your achievements. I apologize if I misinterpreted your threats as serious rather than an attempt at humor.
Neil

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:26 pm

I suggest we all get together at some place close to where Murph lives. I"ll buy the drinks. Even with our differences of opinions I think we could all get along once we got to know each other in person.

Afterwards we could all go to Murphs house and play with the trains on his fabulous layout. Dwell on something we all have in common. TRAINS :D

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”