Coronavirus:

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: Coronavirus:

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:50 am

Can't figure out why this is happening because I"m sure all those liberal democrats in California have had their shots :wink:

L.A. County inches closer to mask mandate: 'We have a ton of transmission right now'
https://news.yahoo.com/la-county-inches ... 35469.html

Los Angeles County reached a “high” level of COVID-19 infections on Thursday, according to public health officials, meaning a mask mandate could be imposed in two weeks as the highly transmissible Omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 make waves across the country.

The health department bases its decision on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s three-tier criteria of community high, medium or low levels of COVID-19 rates.

L.A. County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer expressed concern to reporters Thursday about the new infections, saying “we have a ton of transmission right now,” and stressed her position on masking up.

Earlier this week, L.A. County was seeing a hospitalization rate of about 8.8 residents per 100,000, which is categorized at a “medium” level. Numbers of infections and hospital visits have steadily increased since the middle of May.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:07 pm

Reinfection, severe outcome more common with BA.5 variant; virus spike protein toxic to heart cells
https://news.yahoo.com/reinfection-seve ... 27422.html

(Reuters) — The following is a summary of some recent studies on COVID-19. They include research that warrants further study to corroborate the findings and that has yet to be certified by peer review.
Reinfections, severe outcomes may be more common with BA.5

Compared with the earlier Omicron BA.2 subvariant, currently dominant Omicron BA.5 is linked with higher odds of causing a second SARS-COV-2 infection regardless of vaccination status, a study from Portugal suggests.

From late April through early June, researchers there studied 15,396 adults infected with the BA.2 variant and 12,306 infected with BA.5. Vaccines and boosters were equally effective against both sublineages, according to a report posted on Monday on medRxiv ahead of peer review. However, 10% of BA.5 cases were reinfections, compared to 5.6% of BA.2 cases, which suggests a reduction in protection conferred by previous infection against BA.5 compared to BA.2, the researchers said. Moreover, the vaccines appeared to be less effective in reducing the risk of severe outcomes for BA.5 compared with BA.2.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:09 pm

HONDO74 wrote:..........on medRxiv ahead of peer review.

Just love the way the media grabs and reports stuff like this...... :roll:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:43 pm

New COVID-19 guidance from CDC
focuses on individual decisions
• Those exposed to the virus are no longer
required to quarantine.
• Unvaccinated people now have the same
quidance as vaccinated people.
• Students can stay in class after being exposed
to the virus.
• It's no longer recommended to screen those
without symptoms.

I have the same rights as the vaxed people??? I feel so liberated. Something tells me I could probably assist with the decision making down at the cdc.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:46 pm

How long you think before this conveniently starts killing people? Right before the midterms?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalz ... 6a0a6a5ca3

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:45 pm

Isn't this rich! We know young people with absolutely no history of heart problems are dropping dead all over the world. Better hope it don't hit the pilot and the co-pilot at the same time. :(
www.truthpress.com and search FAA quietly states pilots ekg parameters abnormal after Covid shots.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:57 pm

Yep. My nephew 18, big strong, 6’5 healthy and athletic ended up in the hospital not long after the jab. Some heart trouble that he never had prior to the jab. He appears to be okay for now but who knows if it’s reoccurring. Lots of adolescent boys dropping dead after the jab. You’ll never hear about it on the news media.

Covid deaths are also over exaggerated. Which any one with common sense would have already known. There is a big difference from dying with Covid to dying of Covid.

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:28 am

Total rubbish. Not a shred of scientific evidence. Believe medical advice from fanatics at your peril.

Dozens of studies showing this is nonsense and that there is no increase in serious cardiovascular or other complications after vaccination. Rates of such complications are strikingly higher after actual infection, in contrast. I work in a large academic hospital serving a couple of million people. No evidence of increased morbidity and mortality after vaccination and we'd know. The reports you are reading are from the ignorant and malicious people who believe the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese. But by all means, believe the lunatics not the doctors and scientists if you like. It's your funeral.

By the way, young people die every day (not frequently thankfully) from genetic heart disease, mostly heart rhythm disturbances. Long QT syndrome is one of the best known responsible syndromes. You can google it if you like. Stop reading right wing bullshit medicine.
Neil

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:28 am

Thanks Neil for that perspective. I started to get a bit alarmed after reading greg’s post, above yours, but yours has helped me maintain my positive outlook on my Covid vacs and boosters . I have been mulling over whether to go to the local cvs for my 3rd and/4th boosters .

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:53 am

My wife has heart stents and had them replaced two years before Covid hit. They blocked 6 months after our vaccinations. Spoke with her heart doctor and our PCP in the last year and both told her not to take the last booster. They spoke cautiously, because they're doctors and said there is no solid proof "yet", but both said there is a higher incidence of heart problems and issues since Covid vaccinations. Our government would never admit there are bad side affects to the vaccination, until it's beyond denial. So, you can connect the dots.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:55 am

The left has never been concerned with scientific evidence unless it fits their narrative

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:03 am

All sorts of medical problems have increased during the pandemic. Not due to the vaccine. Due to stress, coronavirus, delayed medical care and neglect of usual healthful practices with almost 100% certainty. It's well documented in the medical literature that coronavirus infection leads to increases in cardiovascular problems, including thrombosis (pathologic clotting in veins and arteries). Coronavirus infection has killed well over a million Americans and led to hospitalizations of tens of millions. Coronavirus vaccines have killed a tiny number of people and hospitalized very few people (probably on the order of a few thousand). So infection is what is causing any observed increase in sick patients, not vaccines. Not a big surprise to anyone who knows anything about infectious disease and vaccines. If you think measles vaccine is more dangerous than measles, you are listening to propaganda from fools and charlatans. The facts are well known.
Neil

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:25 am

Coronavirus infection has killed well over a million Americans and led to hospitalizations of tens of millions.

Total rubbish. Not a shred of scientific evidence.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:58 am

Neil wrote:Total rubbish. Not a shred of scientific evidence.
Dozens of studies showing this is nonsense and that there is no increase in serious cardiovascular or other complications after vaccination.

You mean other than the dead bodies, right?
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:06 pm

Show me the data. Not crapola from Tucker Carlson or Any right wingnut websites or news sources.
Neil

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”