Coronavirus:

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: Coronavirus:

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:22 am

v8vega wrote:Deaths from the Chineese virus are greatly exaggerated, only 6% died from the virus all the rest also got pnumonia or some other cause.

But it was all caused by the virus.....

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:45 am

v8vega wrote:Deaths from the Chineese virus are greatly exaggerated, only 6% died from the virus all the rest also got pnumonia or some other cause.

Got any other BS that you want to just make up?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Neil

Postby Neil » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:59 am

Actually deaths from coronavirus are probably significantly underestimated. Your figure of 6% is total rubbish from idiots and malicious actors.
Neil

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:10 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Got any other BS that you want to just make up?

Neil wrote:Actually deaths from coronavirus are probably significantly underestimated. Your figure of 6% is total rubbish from idiots and malicious actors.

Please than, educate us with your combined infinite wisdom

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:47 pm

Daycare is now $12.00 an hour in my area. Most parents require a 10 hour day. @ $120 a day it’s better to stay home
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:51 pm

robert. wrote:Daycare is now $12.00 an hour in my area.

Dirt cheap. Try doing it for a couple of days with a handful of someone else's kids.

@ $120 a day it’s better to stay home

Well, if you're making rubbish wages like $2.85/hr + tips in PA (min wage for servers there), then that's maybe true.....and still unable to pay the bills.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:20 pm

120 a day is $600 a week. And that is rock bottom bear me. Almost all of them have cur their after school programs.meaning they wont picj tour kid up at school and watch it for 2.5 hours a day. They dont want the influx of children from another school ( lower spread risk) $20.hr x 40 is $800. After taxes $580. Now you’re $ in the hole for daycare. It’s not worth working

Neil

Postby Neil » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:36 pm

Typical European country provides $15,000 per child in childcare compared with typical USA support of $500 per child per year.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:57 pm

My In-laws are taxed in away you would not want to see here.
Last edited by robert. on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:03 pm

Neil wrote:Typical European country provides $15,000 per child in childcare compared with typical USA support of $500 per child per year.

Yet they’re all coming to America

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:37 pm

aaaaa
Last edited by robert. on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:37 pm

aaaaa

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:45 pm

Neil wrote:Typical European country provides $15,000 per child in childcare compared with typical USA support of $500 per child per year.

A mother will receive 6 months paid mommy leave Then the father gets 6 months after that. both are paid. After that you are on your own. believe that is where you 15,000 comes from. 7,500 for the mom's 6 months then 7,500 for the father's 6 months
My daughter will receive 2,500 Euro if she goes to college there along with 500 euro a year tuition. Tuition could go up some in the next 13 years or go away altogether if the EU splits apart.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:35 pm

I didn’t want to corrupt the ‘favorite movies’ thread with coronavirus speak although this post certainly warranted me kicking the door in :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:
I shall wait for it to come out on DVD. No way will I go to a movie theater where you can't social distance from a crowd Even if you are wearing a mask and had both your shots. You can still get the virus. Best to be safe than sorry. :wink:

I had to ask since we seem to have folks that are still actively denying that there even is a virus. Apparently it pulled in ~$55 mill the 1st weekend; heard from one group that that was good and another that was disappointed.

What gives? Wasn’t the vaccine going to minimize your symptoms if you did contract the virus? Lesson or nullify any chance of you dying from it? The mask also give you additional protection? You guys are double vaxed and masked and still hunkered down? What’s the point of even being vaxed then?

Btw I don’t actively deny the virus, but I do actively deny all the bs that’s being spread related to the virus. My oldest daughter just got covid 4 days ago. Fever seems to have broke, body aches still, loss of smell, taste although she is feeling better. Some coughing no breathing problems. None of us are vaxed, she has largely been confined to her room with my wife leaving meds, water food etc on a tray for her outside the door. We are all in lock down although her doctor said that we can all continue life as normal if we haven’t been closer than 3’ of her for 15 minutes or more. Will we get it? I hope not, but I refuse to live in fear of it. We’ve always practice hand washing and generally have good hygiene habits but anything can happen.

My wife and I aren’t afraid of getting vaxed. She’s more concerned for the girls because she’s heard of potential infertility issues. 2 of my daughters are old enough to decide for themselves. My son is vaxed because he’s military and so is his wife. To much bs and misinformation for me to believe anything other than what I see happen within my circle. Maybe I’ll get it and they’ll be patting me in the face with a shovel two weeks from now. Until then I can’t see any thing with any real consistency that shows I should live the rest of my life out in fear.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Those of us who chose vaccination are not living in fear.

The data appears to be conclusive - being vaccinated protects you several ways - you are lots less likely to wind up in a hospital with Covid, lots less likely to suffer long term effects if you do get it at all, and can go about a daily routine with a lot less worry (fear?).

I have friends who are anti-vax, anti-mask. I maintain a good relationship at six feet. When they e-mail me their "facts" (backed up by famous virologists in the Kennedy family) I can easily counter with data from respected institutions.

But who can fight against misinformation backed by the theory that all counter information is coerced by the "deep state?" I sure cannot. Good luck to those of you who choose the selfish anti-vax route. Your chances are apparently worse than mine by an order of magnitude! Not good odds. Your choice.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”