Coronavirus:

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Coronavirus:

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:01 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Japan confirms 39 new coronavirus cases on cruise ship

Japan confirmed 39 new cases of the coronavirus, or COVID-19, on a cruise ship quarantined at one of its ports, bringing the total number infected on the vessel to 174, health officials said Tuesday.

Cruise ships are kind of like a floating petri dish :mrgreen:

Great big incubators! Think of the outbreaks of norovirus on them in the past and the one currently on the Brit cruise ship in the Med.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:32 pm

Cats are wearing coronavirus masks in China
https://www.foxnews.com/health/cats-wea ... asks-china

What amazes me is that could actually get a mask on a cat. And they still have all their fingers and no blood all over. :mrgreen:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:00 pm

Yeah but, I bet the cats still resent them. :mrgreen:

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 am

better then being on a dinner plate.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:47 am

I see this morning that the US is finally sending a plane to evacuate our citizens off that cruise ship in Japan. This has been terribly mishandled and why it's taken so long to act is ridiculous.

1st death in France now.......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:03 pm

Who makes that call ?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:11 pm

Coronavirus: US to evacuate citizens from Diamond Princess
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-515 ... ting-story

The ship has been held in quarantine in a Japanese port since 3 February. Out of 3,700 people on board, 218 have tested positive for the virus.

US citizens will be offered seats on a government-chartered flight on Sunday, the US embassy in Tokyo said.

The aircraft is due to fly to Travis Air Force Base in California where some passengers will stay in quarantine for a further 14 days.

The prospect of more time in isolation seemed to dismay some on board.

"We would like to just finish the quarantine on the ship as planned, decompress in a non-quarantine environment in Japan for a few days, then fly back to the US pursuant to our own arrangements. What's wrong with that?" tweeted passenger Matthew Smith.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:36 pm

HONDO74 wrote:The prospect of more time in isolation seemed to dismay some on board.

Tough tacos...perhaps better to just leave them there to find their own way home.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Quarantine in an environment where the disease is still spreading makes no sense unless it cannot be avoided. Better to bring the people home to a place where the disease isn't present, quarantine them there in a much safer environment than a cruise ship, and then release them when no new cases occur over a period of a couple of weeks. Passenger preference has to take second place to professional judgment and a bit of science.
Neil

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:13 pm

healey36 wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:The prospect of more time in isolation seemed to dismay some on board.

Tough tacos...perhaps better to just leave them there to find their own way home.

The administration has already transported many American citizens on government transport out of China, Probably a lot of red tape getting this ship into a Japanese port since many are infected. Japan says they have to be screed for the virus and then transported to to the airport in a secure environment, Those that have been brought back are being properly taking care of at a military base.

If the administration were to leave them there the liberals and the liberal media would have a total come apart. I can just see the headlines, This narcissistic, bullying, ignoramus of a thug president doesn't care about his own citizens. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Neil wrote:Quarantine in an environment where the disease is still spreading makes no sense unless it cannot be avoided. Better to bring the people home to a place where the disease isn't present, quarantine them there in a much safer environment than a cruise ship, and then release them when no new cases occur over a period of a couple of weeks. Passenger preference has to take second place to professional judgment and a bit of science.

Exactly. Keeping them there has made no sense other than to use them as experimental animals.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:32 pm

HONDO74 wrote: I can just see the headlines, This narcissistic, bullying, ignoramus of a thug president doesn't care about his own citizens.

I don't need headlines to know that already.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:51 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote: I can just see the headlines, This narcissistic, bullying, ignoramus of a thug president doesn't care about his own citizens.

I don't need headlines to know that already.

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:09 pm

"liberals and the liberal media would have a total come apart. I can just see the headlines, This narcissistic, bullying, ignoramus of a thug president doesn't care about his own citizens. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ."

Have to agree. If only the conservatives and monarchists had remained in charge during the period 1850-now think of all the benefits we could have had. Slavery would still be legal. Women wouldn't have the vote and their property would belong to their husband. Children would have the freedom to work in sweatshops like the Triangle Shirtwaist Company. People who stole a loaf of bread for their starving family would still have the opportunity to visit Australia for free :). Workers could be murdered by their robber baron bosses with impunity and could not form unions to protect themselves and their families from callous, self-important employers. We've lost so much due to the lack of conservative leadership. Yup, liberals are the real devils in our society, and we definitely need to return to the divine right of Kings and their families over our appalling democracies where any jerk can vote and displace fine human beings like Donald Trump and his fine family. At least Jared Kushner's dad, the convict, could buy his son's way into Harvard, so that's comforting :).
Neil

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:09 pm

Maybe the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will appropriate some funds to see if they can come up with a cure for TDS. :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”