Coronavirus:

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Coronavirus:

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:27 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Maybe the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will appropriate some funds to see if they can come up with a cure for TDS. :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Probably diverting a lot to something to address something actually important and real, like............coronavirus and a vaccine, but that's going to take time.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:Maybe the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will appropriate some funds to see if they can come up with a cure for TDS. :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Probably diverting a lot to something to address something actually important and real, like............coronavirus and a vaccine, but that's going to take time.

But TDS is way more contagious. Half the country has it. Except for all of us basket of deplorables. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:19 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

But TDS is way more contagious. Half the country has it. Except for all of us basket of deplorables. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Right...............that basket full would be the 1/2 that just makes up stuff? :mrgreen:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:26 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Right...............that basket full would be the 1/2 that just makes up stuff? :mrgreen:

Nope we just cling to our religion and guns. :wink: :mrgreen:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:18 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:

That's fitting since 1/2 of that is also just made up, too, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:32 pm

Over 69k cases world wide; death toll ~1700. Total on that cruise ship over 350. Quarantining them has to be one of more bone headed actions and then while our Gov't evacuates our people out of China, they let them incubate in a cruise ship..........~50 cases in Japan not associated with that ship. Wonder if anyone will ever use that ship again.....1st death in France

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:36 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

That's fitting since 1/2 of that is also just made up, too, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was Obama's quote. I'm just repeating what he said. :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:55 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:

That was Obama's quote. I'm just repeating what he said. :wink:

Don't care - still down to just very little real.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:00 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Over 69k cases world wide; death toll ~1700. Total on that cruise ship over 350. Quarantining them has to be one of more bone headed actions and then while our Gov't evacuates our people out of China, they let them incubate in a cruise ship..........~50 cases in Japan not associated with that ship. Wonder if anyone will ever use that ship again.....1st death in France

I don't think it was our idea to keep the passengers Quarantined. Japan would not let them off the ship. We made special arraignment. We have a plane that is either there or on the way to transport those ( American Citizens ) that want to come home will be transported tonight.

Apparently the rest of those on board will have to stay. The other countries could care less about their people....

Forty infected Americans among cruise ship evacuees
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51524460

Forty Americans being taken off the quarantined cruise ship Diamond Princess are infected with new coronavirus, a US official says.

They are among 400 people from the US leaving the vessel docked in Japan.

Most are due to depart for the US on two government-chartered aircraft. But those carrying the virus will be admitted to Japanese hospitals.

Meanwhile, China has tightened restrictions on movement in Hubei province, the centre of the outbreak.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:44 pm

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Over 69k cases world wide; death toll ~1700. Total on that cruise ship over 350. Quarantining them has to be one of more bone headed actions and then while our Gov't evacuates our people out of China, they let them incubate in a cruise ship..........~50 cases in Japan not associated with that ship. Wonder if anyone will ever use that ship again.....1st death in France

I don't think it was our idea to keep the passengers Quarantined. Japan would not let them off the ship. We made special arraignment. We have a plane that is either there or on the way to transport those ( American Citizens ) that want to come home will be transported tonight.

Yes, we can made an arrangement faster with China than Japan....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Apparently the rest of those on board will have to stay. The other countries could care less about their people....

Sad........pathetic, actually.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Either my brain, what little is left, is not in gear or I missed it.
What is TDS?
I will probably be embarrassed after someone tells me.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 pm

rogruth wrote:Either my brain, what little is left, is not in gear or I missed it.
What is TDS?

TDS is an acronym for Trump Derangement Syndrome, a term applied to people who express deep loathing and fear of President Donald Trump.

There were those that had a deep loathing and fear of President Barack Obama. But I don't recall any acronyms for it unless it was A basket full of deplorable.

Over the years it seems that people have come up with all kinds of names to refer to the president, both liberal and conservative. To me that shows a complete disrespect for the country they live in. As much as I may despise politicians I always refer to them by their given name. But that's just me, others can do as they please...
Last edited by HONDO74 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:00 pm

Thanks, Hondo.
roger

I support thread drift.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:17 am

HONDO74 wrote:
rogruth wrote:Either my brain, what little is left, is not in gear or I missed it.
What is TDS?

TDS is an acronym for Trump Derangement Syndrome, a term applied to people who express deep loathing and fear of President Donald Trump.

Actually, you have it backwards; the two dictionary definitions are:

Trump Delusion Syndrome: The inability to find fault with Trump due to the fact that you voted for him in 2016.

Trump Derangement Syndrome, is the unwavering adoration and devotion to a political leader, beginning with Donald Trump the namesake of the disorder, extending to other forms of leadership including presidents and rulers typically of a fascist or populist nature.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:24 am

OK. I shouldn't have asked. :oops:
roger

I support thread drift.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”