Coronavirus:

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: Coronavirus:

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:37 pm

Covid deaths no longer overwhelmingly among unvaccinated as toll on elderly grows
https://news.yahoo.com/covid-deaths-no- ... 39645.html

WASHINGTON — Unvaccinated people accounted for the overwhelming majority of deaths in the United States throughout much of the coronavirus pandemic. But that has changed in recent months, according to a Washington Post analysis of state and federal data.

The vaccinated made up 42% of fatalities in January and February during the highly contagious omicron variant's surge, compared with 23% of the dead in September, the peak of the delta wave, according to nationwide data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analyzed by The Post.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:24 pm

It’ll be coming back as we get closer to the mid term elections. Fauci will come out with a new variant called the ‘you can’t come out and vote in person variant’ Stay home or you’ll die. We’ll send you all the ballots you want.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:38 pm

We saw this coming...didn't WE.

The AP Interview: US 'vulnerable' to COVID without new shots
https://news.yahoo.com/ap-interview-us- ... 42741.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — White House COVID-19 coordinator Dr. Ashish Jha issued a dire warning Thursday that the U.S. will be increasingly vulnerable to the coronavirus this fall and winter if Congress doesn't swiftly approve new funding for more vaccines and treatments.

In an Associated Press interview, Jha said Americans' immune protection from the virus is waning, the virus is adapting to be more contagious and booster doses for most people will be necessary — with the potential for enhanced protection from a new generation of shots.

His warning came as the White House said there could be up to 100 million infections from the virus later this year — and as President Joe Biden somberly ordered flags to half-staff to mark 1 million deaths.

"As we get to the fall, we are all going to have a lot more vulnerability to a virus that has a lot more immune escape than even it does today and certainly than it did six months ago,” Jha said. "That leaves a lot of us vulnerable.”

Jha predicted that the next generation of vaccines, which are likely to be targeted at the currently prevailing omicron strain, “are going to provide a much, much higher degree of protection against the virus that we will encounter in the fall and winter." But he warned that the U.S. is at risk of losing its place in line to other countries if Congress doesn't act in the next several weeks.

Speaking of a need to provide vaccination assistance to other nations, Jha cast the urgency in terms of the benefits to Americans, even if they never travel overseas.

“All of these variants were first identified outside of the United States," he said. "If the goal is to protect the American people, we have got to make sure the world is vaccinated. I mean, there’s just no domestic-only approach here.”

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:22 pm

Of course we did, an election is coming. More people of died on Joey the Dunces watch than ever did on Trumps watch.
Can’t wait til something happens in this country that we should actually worry about. Arm yourself

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:27 pm

My Future son-in-law had a bicycle accident tonight and is currently at the emergency room. Look at this guy that is waiting on them, talk about mass hysteria. This is what the Democrats have done to people

Last edited by gregj410 on Fri May 13, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri May 13, 2022 10:00 pm

I’d leave! Go to an urgent care.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:03 pm

robert. wrote:I’d leave! Go to an urgent care.

Urgent care is closed. He got right in.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 14, 2022 7:18 am

Sorry reality doesn’t conform to your idiot politics.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat May 14, 2022 7:22 am

That’s not politics Neil . That is a person living in total fear. Someone that may not be capable of making a rational decision.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 14, 2022 7:48 am

When you amateurs get through telling us how to dress and protect ourselves, we'll just go about our business of taking care of patients as safely as possible. Since you have no expertise whatever, you don't get a vote :).

By the way (although I don't usually look at Harris's posts since he is an abusive ass_ole) the hospital worker appears to be wearing a power assisted personal respirator (PAPR). It's used when the risks are high (e.g., EBOLA, coronavirus) and/or the worker has a beard that makes a mask less effective. They are much nicer than masks for long shifts because they are comfortable and keep you cool. It can get quite hot wearing protective gear including face shields and masks for many hours. Other than that you're perfectly fine in laughing at things about which you are completely ignorant.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat May 14, 2022 8:06 am

All that protection and no gloves!

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 14, 2022 8:42 am

One doesn’t wear gloves between patients, only putting on gloves before examining someone. Duh.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat May 14, 2022 9:00 am

He has no idea what could be on that filthy keyboard or who sneezed on it Duh.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 14, 2022 9:19 am

That’s why you wash your hands before putting on gloves and after removing them. When did you guys become expert on aseptic technique?
Neil

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat May 14, 2022 9:31 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — White House COVID-19 coordinator Dr. Ashish Jha issued a dire warning Thursday that the U.S. will be increasingly vulnerable to the coronavirus this fall and winter if Congress doesn't swiftly approve new funding for more vaccines and treatments.

In an Associated Press interview, Jha said Americans' immune protection from the virus is waning, the virus is adapting to be more contagious and booster doses for most people will be necessary — with the potential for enhanced protection from a new generation of shots.

So give us your expert opinion Neil. What's going on with this.?

I have been under the impression for quite a while that we are going to need more shots.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”