Coronavirus:

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: Coronavirus:

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:24 pm

Neil wrote:"When Trump wanted to ban travel from China he was called a Racist and a Bigot. So what does this make BIDEN ??"

That was because Trump had a long track record of being a racist and a bigot. Biden has no such track record. Context is important.

July 7, 2006, 3:46 PM CDT / Source: The Associated Press
"I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking," Biden said.

FLASHBACK: Biden: “Cannot Go To A 7-Eleven Or Dunkin' Donuts Unless You Have A Slight Indian Accent”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwqkpwV8j_A

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 01, 2021 5:58 am

No comparison to Trump. And Biden and the Democrats have already done and are going to do concrete things to help the poor, people of color, women and others who have been ignored or outright harmed by Republicans, at least in the last few decades since they became the American party of the rich, white, male, Christian extremists and the powerful.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat May 01, 2021 6:19 am

Neil wrote:Scoreboard. You whining sore losers are boring and pathetic.

Jocular comments about Indian Americans are definitely worse than calling for the death penalty for five innocent black youths who were accused of the Central Park sexual assault. Trump's history is replete with so much hate speech about women, immigrants, foreigners and people of color, he would fit in well with the worst bigots in American political history. Not to mention his support of racists, anti-semites and misogynists. Makes Joe Biden look like Martin Luther King.

You should add in Tawana Brawley and Al Shapton to that mix.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat May 01, 2021 6:27 am

I was trusting that by "insidious enemy" it would be understood I was referring to the disease, Coronavirus, the topic of this thread.

There is no way I could have meant the continuing immigration of folks from India, which, in my estimation, has consistently been a civil, polite, and contributing element in society.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat May 01, 2021 6:47 am

India has a real problem. They're over populated. I don't see a travel ban at this point helping. We have the virus they have the virus. The cat is out of the bag now.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat May 01, 2021 7:31 am

robert. wrote:India has a real problem. They're over populated. I don't see a travel ban at this point helping. We have the virus they have the virus. The cat is out of the bag now.

Very true. So why now is Biden imposing a travel ban when he was against them a year ago when they might has been effective at the beginning. Politics .Now that he is responsible for the country it's a different story :wink:

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 01, 2021 7:36 am

We understand the pandemic and transmission much better now than in January 2020. Different circumstances in the pandemic as well. You have to adjust your policies with changing knowledge and circumstances. Nothing to do with politics. This is all new territory even for the experts.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat May 01, 2021 7:45 am

Would have been better to shut the boarders in Jan 2020. Then decide in july 2020 if it was good thing

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 01, 2021 8:40 am

Hindsight is always 20/20.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat May 01, 2021 12:41 pm

Neil wrote:Hindsight is always 20/20.

Not that good of an answer from somebody in the medical profession. With all your expertise you should be scream “ why weren’t the boarders closed and travel halted!”

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 01, 2021 1:32 pm

For someone who has no responsibility for other peoples' lives, you're pretty good with the second guessing those of us who do. The entire last year has been unprecedented in the era of modern medicine, with a disease that behaves like no other respiratory disease. Other than that, it's been a walk in the park. If you can do better, I suggest you volunteer to replace Tony Fauci :). Maybe Biden will think you are as infallible as you think you are.
Neil

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat May 01, 2021 2:35 pm

Neil wrote:For someone who has no responsibility for other peoples' lives, you're pretty good with the second guessing those of us who do. The entire last year has been unprecedented in the era of modern medicine, with a disease that behaves like no other respiratory disease. Other than that, it's been a walk in the park. If you can do better, I suggest you volunteer....:). Maybe Biden will think you are as infallible as you think you are.

Neil, to support what you have stated, let me add a personal perspective. That is , my urologist, a doctor who was, also, head of that department , resigned and closed his practice/office due to the extreme pressures placed upon him as a result of the pandemic, in its hours and myriad skills required of him through his service at the hospital as well as thru his practice in his office .

I was stunned to receive the notice of his decision. His skills were immeasurable, IMHO .

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat May 01, 2021 2:46 pm

robert. wrote:
Neil wrote:Hindsight is always 20/20.

Not that good of an answer from somebody in the medical profession. With all your expertise you should be scream “ why weren’t the boarders closed and travel halted!”

Democrats, that’s why. I mean they could not dare go back and agree with a reprobate like Trump after calling him a racist for closing the borders. Why that would mean they would be calling themselves racist if they agreed with him even though the Democratic party is the party of the KKK, Jim Crow and Robert Byrd who Joey the dunce so proudly eulogized back in 2010. People like Neil and the Democrats have amnesia when it comes to the truth because nothing gets the Democrats in trouble like the truth.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sat May 01, 2021 5:08 pm

I must say I have been impressed with Murph's ability to ignore hateful and reprehensible personal remarks and turn the other cheek. I wish I had his ability to ignore the worst of his fellow human beings. Never met him but he seems a gentle, empathetic and genuinely decent guy. Thanks for setting a good example Murph. Godspeed.
Neil

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat May 01, 2021 6:21 pm

Neil wrote:For someone who has no responsibility for other peoples' lives, you're pretty good with the second guessing those of us who do. The entire last year has been unprecedented in the era of modern medicine, with a disease that behaves like no other respiratory disease. Other than that, it's been a walk in the park. If you can do better, I suggest you volunteer to replace Tony Fauci :). Maybe Biden will think you are as infallible as you think you are.

If i appear to Biden as half the man you are. I'll be a shoe in for the job. What Bang up knock it out of the park decision did Fauci make. for that matter how about the CDC? I have a bunch a Doctors by me. Saying Fauci and the CDC are a group of over paid doctors flying around in fancy airplanes.

Murph how old is your urologist ?

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”