Megyn Kelly

Play nice and have fun...
G3750

Re: Megyn Kelly

Postby G3750 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:10 pm

healey36 wrote:It's difficult to talk about Ms. Kelly without sounding totally condescending. Her entire career, what I've seen of it, seems best characterized as one-step-forward-followed-by-two-steps-back. She's had a number of opportunities during her relatively brief tenure, and has consistently failed to rise to them, IMHO.

I must confess that Megyn Kelly never impressed me.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:28 pm

I didn't always agree with Ms. Kelly but was impressed that she was not afraid to take on almost anything.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:33 pm

I don't think her career is over. She can make millions with a youtube pod cast.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Blonde jokes are not funny.

Blond jokes are disrespectful of true blondes

How disrespectful both these women are for bleaching their hair or putting on blonde wigs and then acting dumb.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Think this is a "safe" Halloween costume?

Is it moral to create a cyborg, a robot using parts of a human to power it?

What would the legal status of such a thing be, that of a machine or that of a human?

Listen to this interview with Sophia Robot before answering.
Robot Sophia Uyanıyor! (Robot Sophia Wakes-up!) => https://youtu.be/oyzldrp9iuQ
Last edited by webenda on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:43 pm

Do you know what really burns my arse Wayne ? A robot costume with a turbo boost. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:50 pm

robert. wrote:Do you know what really burns my arse Wayne ? A robot costume with a turbo boost. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I understand. I better design a "Butt Shield" for that costume.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

Chris Webster

Postby Chris Webster » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:34 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Apparently Megyn Kelly will be fired by NBC because on her show she said she thought it would be alright as a Halloween costume to dress up in blackface.

Black Santa came early this year!

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Chris Webster wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:Apparently Megyn Kelly will be fired by NBC because on her show she said she thought it would be alright as a Halloween costume to dress up in blackface.

Black Santa came early this year!

Santa Claus, Black Or White is a tool of the greed for corporate America to sell crap to parents of children. Mostly made in China now

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:14 pm

HONDO74 wrote:...Santa Claus,
Black Or White is a tool of the greed for corporate America to sell crap to parents of children. Mostly made in China now

You make him sound like he's become a pimp for the toy industry.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:30 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
HONDO74 wrote:...Santa Claus,
Black Or White is a tool of the greed for corporate America to sell crap to parents of children. Mostly made in China now

You make him sound like he's become a pimp for the toy industry.

I think it was Coca Cola that turned him into a PIMP. :wink: :mrgreen:

Murph, I have become very cynical about all the PC crap that exist today, People have become offended by everything. You can't have a logical discussion about anything without offending someone. Some of the major retailers have told their sales force not to say Merry Christmas because it might offend someone.

It is a much different USA today than what you and I grew up in. :(

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:33 pm

One more--
Nahsee, dat's sum humor rawght der. I like dat. :lol: yup.

Broken Deutsch? Making fun of Germans? Should the Society For Protection Of German Honor take umbrage when someone who does not speak Deutsch speaks like that?

Should Megyn Kelly come under such hot fire for not understanding "blackface" or "whiteface" is a way of promoting prejudice? I think not. Just explain to her the current thought on the subject and let it go, her thoughts on the subject were innocent of any prejudice. [opinion]

And just to set the record straight, I don't think going blonde disrespects anyone, that was my satire on the uproar over Megyn Kelly.

Same with the robot costume, it's just for fun and should not stir up controversy over imaginary morality issues.

I agree with Hondo74, "You can't have a logical discussion about anything without offending someone."

I wonder how a discussion of Joel Chandler Harris's, Uncle Remus stories would go over on one of those "Women Talking" shows? Some people think the Uncle Rhemus stories are racist. They are actually an important preservation of African folktales but you will never convince some people of that.
Last edited by webenda on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:58 pm

I'm offended by all of this! :mrgreen:

Rich

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:00 am

E7 wrote:I'm offended by all of this! :mrgreen:

Rich

I’m offended by how easily you’re offended!
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:19 am

webenda wrote:One more--
Nahsee, dat's sum humor rawght der. I like dat. :lol: yup.

...And just to set the record straight, I don't think going blonde disrespects anyone, that was my satire on the uproar over Megyn Kelly.

...I agree with Hondo74, "You can't have a logical discussion about anything without offending someone."

I wonder how a discussion of Joel Chandler Harris's, Uncle Remus stories would go over on one of those "Women Talking" shows? Some people think the Uncle Rhemus stories are racist. They are actually an important preservation of African folktales but you will never convince some people of that.

First of all, IMveryHO, that cartoon about the capital of Texas being "T" is priceless. I loved it. And I'm blonde (well, what's left of my mop is. Sort of. My wife says it's white now. Haarumph! But I digress...)
Secondly, I had heard that "Heckle and Jeckle" was discontinued because of complaints that the two characters were decidedly racist, in vernacular, dialect, and attitude(s). I have no idea if they were, even though they were my favorite cartoon , along with Daffy Duck, when I was a kid. But anyolways, isn't saying they were like African-Americans racist in itself, although allegedly promulgated by some folks in the race itself, if they actually were the source of the complaining? Eh? Huh? :shock: :roll:
Attachments
86ab84e23f2db9e026113db08d3e4949--old-cartoons-vintage-cartoons.jpg
86ab84e23f2db9e026113db08d3e4949--old-cartoons-vintage-cartoons.jpg (12.46 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”