Answer to Murph, "Where is the harm?"

Play nice and have fun...
webenda

Answer to Murph, "Where is the harm?"

Postby webenda » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:14 pm

Mission accomplished.

I wish to thank Murph and Rufus for their input on this. Thank you for helping me see what I offered from your point of view. I agree with, "haughty." I apologize for that.
Last edited by webenda on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

MurphOnMillerAve

Re: Answer to Murph, "Where is the harm?"

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:25 am

It depends on how diplomatic and pleasantly didactic the message is in its presentation and tone of delivery. Haughty is haughty. Officious is easily recognizable. Tact and listening have their places in a dialogue.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:28 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:It depends on how diplomatic and pleasantly didactic the message is in its presentation and tone of delivery. Haughty is haughty. Officious is easily recognizable. Tact and listening have their places in a dialogue.

It all wears out in the end, :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:42 am

webenda wrote:...
Basically, we're scared shitless, not KNOWing for an absolute certainty what comes next, after the coffin lid closes, if anything.

[color=#4000FF]Maybe God's words on death can quell some of your fear.

Ecclesiastes 9:4-5 New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
5 The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no more reward, and even the memory of them is lost. 6 Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished; never again will they have any share in all that happens under the sun.

That gives real meaning to RIP, doesn't it?

The memory of the dead is not lost to God. That is not my interpretation, the Bible interprets itself....

Encouraging and comforting interpretation offered by you, and I thank you, most sincerely and respectfully, for explaining and Scripture-evidencing what we both believe to be true. However, all of that would be a matter of FAITH and BELIEF, not KNOWing. Knowing is a matter of facts. Faith and belief are another matter, in my humble opinion.

The Egyptians believed they knew what happened after death, and they were very, very devout about what they believed. At least, one of them believed in one god (Pharaoh Ikhnaton, a probably Nefertiti). Did they know facts about what they believed about the Afterlife? Nothing. Not one thing, other than decay. Not one fact, other than death itself occurring, notwithstanding they had something in writing, in their Book of the Dead.

Judeo-Christian believers have plenty in writing to guide and teach. You have kindly quoted some of it here. These passages are matters of faith and belief, of our faith and beliefs, I would submit for your consideration.

I respect and love your zeal and vigor in your believe and faith, in which I share. I feel the same about Transubstantiation, and I even take it as fact, far beyond belief. You can take that on faith from me.
Murph the frank
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:It depends on how diplomatic and pleasantly didactic the message is in its presentation and tone of delivery. Haughty is haughty. Officious is easily recognizable. Tact and listening have their places in a dialogue.

It all wears out in the end, :wink: :wink:

Yet, if Wayne - a mind as profound as his - wants to discuss this, I take it as a blessing. Honestly.

webenda

Postby webenda » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:41 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I feel the same about Transubstantiation, and I even take it as fact, far beyond belief. You can take that on faith from me.
Murph the frank

The requirement, implemented at the Last Supper, is explained more thoroughly in John 52-71.
Everyone was upset upon learning of this requirement. Do you remember what some of the disciples did?
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:12 pm

webenda wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I feel the same about Transubstantiation, and I even take it as fact, far beyond belief. You can take that on faith from me.
Murph the frank

The requirement, implemented at the Last Supper, is explained more thoroughly in John 52-71.
Everyone was upset upon learning of this requirement. Do you remember what some of the disciples did?

They had yet to learn the whole Truth.

webenda

Postby webenda » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:59 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
webenda wrote:
Murph the frank

They had yet to learn the whole Truth.

They fled the cannibalistic Christians.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Yes, I can perceive that. It is a difficult concept to wrap one's head and heart around .

I think Paul at Antioch helped, though, something which would likely appeal to you, too, given some of what you have said so far regarding Scriptures and your strongly held interpretations of them and the "correct" path one should follow.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:50 pm

webenda wrote:Do you remember what some of the disciples did?

Sure. They went into the back room with the girls and threw dice all night long, smoked some weed, got good and mellow, and then sent out for pizza....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Kosher pizza, of course.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:26 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Kosher pizza, of course.

Pareve.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:33 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Kosher pizza, of course.

And lots of good beer, :mrgreen:

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:20 pm

I am not as familiar with the scriptures as all of the above posters but they seem to make more sense than some preachers/reverends/ministers I have known. When I was @10 years old,1944, I questioned what I was being told in Sunday school and was told to change my thinking or I would go to hell.
I questioned where that ribe that Cain joined came from as I feel sure some of you on this forum have. The answers I did not get made me more and more skeptical and it became difficult to stay associated with a church. Since that time I have found only two ministers that would answer and talk with me. One was a Lutheran and the other was a Methodist. Unfortunately both are dead.
Please carry on the discussion here as it was above.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Oh, even the remarks by Rufus that some might consider inappropriate are not in my opinion and add to this conversation quite a bit.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”