STREET LIFE

Play nice and have fun...
rogruth

Re: STREET LIFE

Postby rogruth » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:40 pm

I think the old saying is "Art is in the eye of the beholder" or ear and this is a good example.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:15 pm

True that, Roger. :D

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:47 am

rogruth wrote:I think the old saying is "Art is in the eye of the beholder" or ear and this is a good example.

Art Is Anything You Can Get Away With…
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:41 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:I think the old saying is "Art is in the eye of the beholder" or ear and this is a good example.

We're saying the same thing. :)
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:43 am

rogruth wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

We're saying the same thing. :)

You and I agree, :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Roy

Postby Roy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:03 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture is still not fully embraced by some; others get the point of a home like his "Falling Waters" perfectly.

I wonder if anyone has got any examples of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture on their O scale layout?
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Roy wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture is still not fully embraced by some; others get the point of a home like his "Falling Waters" perfectly.

I wonder if anyone has got any examples of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture on their O scale layout?

Very interesting point. Such buildings would have to be custom-made, huh, even of his earliest houses. And then, like "Falling Waters," there would have to be an entire setting attendant to the building, too (?)

Imagine Le Corbusier structures on a layout!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:30 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Roy wrote:

Very interesting point. Such buildings would have to be custom-made, huh, even of his earliest houses. And then, like "Falling Waters," there would have to be an entire setting attendant to the building, too (?)

Why don't you try that and see how it works -- build a module of Fallingwater (not Falling Waters)!!!

I'm sure that there are plenty of pictures to work from to do this.

https://www.fallingwater.org/
https://www.fallingwater.org/education/research/

Ever been there? Well worth the trip. And, there's another of his houses just a few miles away also well worth visiting: Kentuck Knob

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:...Why don't you try that and see how it works -- build a module of Fallingwater (not Falling Waters)!!!....

:shock: :mrgreen: :oops:
Thanx. :)

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:31 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:...Why don't you try that and see how it works -- build a module of Fallingwater (not Falling Waters)!!!....

Seriously - I'd really like to see what your creativity might do with this challenge.

Roy

Postby Roy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Murph, I haven't heard you talk of any creative work since you did the layout for FAO Schwarz. A little Wright or Le Corbusier might be fun. So might be some William Mason locomotives, for that matter.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

Seriously - I'd really like to see what your creativity might do with this challenge.

Nothing. But I appreciate the vote-of-confidence in your even thinking it might have been possible, Rufus.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:21 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote: :shock: :mrgreen: :oops:

Nothing. But I appreciate the vote-of-confidence in your even thinking it might have been possible, Rufus.

Don't toss in the towel, Murph!

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Roy and Rufus,
I simply lost interest.i haven't operated the layout in many months and certainly have not effected any changes to it. It is completed as far as I am concerned, though I still treasure it.

I stopped Layout Refinements , for now.

I get considerable enjoyment on OGR forum because there I get numerous reactions to and conversations about the photos I share there of layout modeling. That's become fun for me.

Quite some time ago, I began experiencing a paucity of interest here, on MTJ , in my layout-oriented postings, with the exception of Roger, so I stopped , not wanting to be ridiculous.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:26 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I stopped Layout Refinements , for now.

Bring it back to life with Fallingwater

I get considerable enjoyment on OGR forum because there I get numerous reactions to and conversations about the photos I share there of layout modeling. That's become fun for me.

I know, but then there's the environment there that accounts for much....

Quite some time ago, I began experiencing a paucity of interest here, on MTJ , in my layout-oriented postings, with the exception of Roger, so I stopped , not wanting to be ridiculous.

There are only a very few here that post anything really related to model RR'ing; layout building, models, projects of any kind. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to think that might be in double digits. The majority posting here on MTJ never show a single model, anything they have made or done, their layout, etc. I have to wonder if many even have a layout of any kind....

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”