STREET LIFE

Play nice and have fun...
E7

STREET LIFE

Postby E7 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:29 pm

MurphOnMillerAve

Re: STREET LIFE

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:09 am

I think there has been a shift in that "street life" genre in contemporary life. As evidence, I would "recommend" a peek at: Tyga, and his "Swish," official new video (by vevo).
Gentle souls like the singer in your video have given way, it appears, to a twerking sub-culture that values other matters.

Did you take note in the News that he has said Kylie Kardashian is famous because of him? :roll: Maybe so. :? :roll:
(P.S. and jus' as a side-note, most all of the photos of TYGA have him with his mouth hanging open. I wonder if, poor fellow, he has a breathing problem, requiring that mouth-agape effect, but it doesn't seem to be hurting his career any.) (If this side-note offends the flow of your intended thread focus, let me know, and I will immediately delete this. Cheerfully.) :)
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I think there has been a shift in that "street life" genre in contemporary life. As evidence, I would recommend a peak at: Tyga, and his "Swish," official new video (by vevo).

There are two chances of that happening, Slim and None, and Slim is out of town. Guessing that I will purchase a copy about 5 minutes after Hades freezes over. Take note that if I am able to find a copy of Tiny Tim farting the 1812 overture, all bets are off and that will supersede all other purchases.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:52 pm

E7 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I think there has been a shift in that "street life" genre in contemporary life. As evidence, I would "recommend" a peek at: Tyga, and his "Swish," official new video (by vevo).

There are two chances of that happening, Slim and None, and Slim is out of town. Guessing that I will purchase a copy about 5 minutes after Hades freezes over. Take note that if I am able to find a copy of Tiny Tim farting the 1812 overture, all bets are off and that will supersede all other purchases.

Everything you said makes perfect sense to me. :D BTW, that video is available on YouTube, which I only discovered when shuffling thru my Yahoo page, yesterday. How could I resist sharing the news of it here? :mrgreen:

"Swish" demonstrates, in my mind, as does TYGA himself, that "we" have moved far, far beyond Rufus' penchant for hotbabes in blackvinyl onezies, even if mounted on black stilettos. Yup. :shock: :( :? :roll: :wink:
Attachments
On%20the%20Tracks-X2PostedMTJ Feb2018.jpg
On%20the%20Tracks-X2PostedMTJ Feb2018.jpg (407.04 KiB) Viewed 4677 times

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:20 pm

Murph,

I am waiting to hear the thud when she falls off those silly *ss boots! :mrgreen: Ain't nothing sexy whatsoever about that getup. The operational word to me, is: STUPID

As for You Tube, it is an excellent source to hear new, old, and a multitude of styles of music. I don't know how the variety of radio stations is in your neck of the woods, but where I am it leaves something to be desired, as in sucks!

Rich

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:32 am

E7 wrote:Murph,

I am waiting to hear the thud when she falls off those silly *ss boots! :mrgreen: Ain't nothing sexy whatsoever about that getup. The operational word to me, is: STUPID
Rich

Totally agree. (You can well imagine WHO on this forum was the original source :mrgreen: for me :roll: of that photo :wink: of that delicate wonder. :lol: )

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm

E7 wrote:Murph,

I am waiting to hear the thud when she falls off those silly *ss boots!

Ballet heels -- if she can stand in them, well........she's more nimble and controlled than you can handle.

As for You Tube, it is an excellent source to hear new, old, and a multitude of styles of music.

Great resource!

I don't know how the variety of radio stations is in your neck of the woods, but where I am it leaves something to be desired, as in sucks!

Our broadcast radio stations are useful for weather and traffic. If I want music - it's the internet : http://www.progzilla.com/listen/
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:18 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Our broadcast radio stations are useful for weather and traffic. If I want music - it's the internet : http://www.progzilla.com/listen/

Well understood. I am lamenting those dreary days BEFORE the NET!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:05 am

E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Our broadcast radio stations are useful for weather and traffic. If I want music - it's the internet : http://www.progzilla.com/listen/

We had a rather good station in the DC area - WHFS - played just about anything and everything, ran concerts & festivals, etc., and then one morning we all woke up and it was a Hispanic station and everything we had grown to expect was gone.....and now it's a news station. Used to be a half decent station in Baltimore that still there but a boring and pre-programmed to mindlessness.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:41 am

It gets better...now 99.1 is a Bloomberg affiliate. All business, all day :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:42 am

healey36 wrote:It gets better...now 99.1 is a Bloomberg affiliate. All business, all day :wink:

Yup, but they do provide a traffic update off schedule from WTOP that can be useful at times

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:45 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
healey36 wrote:It gets better...now 99.1 is a Bloomberg affiliate. All business, all day :wink:

Yup, but they do provide a traffic update off schedule from WTOP that can be useful at times

Amazingly I get clear reception of 99.1 nearly to Sarge's place. Most stations these days seem to peter out twenty-five miles from their transmitter location.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:49 am

healey36 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Amazingly I get clear reception of 99.1 nearly to Sarge's place. Most stations these days seem to peter out twenty-five miles from their transmitter location.

Good to know - I rarely have a radio on once beyond Frederick - switch over to music.

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:04 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:

We had a rather good station in the DC area - WHFS - played just about anything and everything, ran concerts & festivals, etc., and then one morning we all woke up and it was a Hispanic station and everything we had grown to expect was gone.....and now it's a news station. Used to be a half decent station in Baltimore that still there but a boring and pre-programmed to mindlessness.

There was a nice contemporary jazz station here in SC PA on 92.7 FM which lasted about 3 years, and seemed to be doing really well, when pow, changed the format to classic rock which lasted about 5 minutes and then became a "sports talk" format, which might be the worst drivel I ever listened to for 5 or 10 seconds :lol: :lol: :lol: . I have no idea if that mess is still on the air. Probably should check back....could be anything by now.

The Jazz format had NO competitors, while the classic rock could be had on several stations. The sports talk thing was also unique, but who wants to listen to a bunch of toadies talking stats and scores??? Not I!!!

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:46 pm

The sports talk thing must also be lucrative---our last commercial classical music station
(yes, there were still a few of such things around!) was done in by Mr. Snyder seeking
to expand the coverage of his Washington football/sports talk network into western Maryland,
and made the Utah owners of WGMS an offer that opened their eyes to how much more
money they could make with other formats. Their deal eventually fell through, but the owners
still unloaded the station to others in a deal that even got the US Congress involved. The new
station started out as a "top 40 pop", but devolved into several other formats. They all suffered
from intense competition and were not financially successful....
Take care,
Wolfgang

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”